How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me coughs

Dano, I'm pretty sure that this is a joke, and is, moreover, intended to be taken as a compliment to Seicher? And, in some weird alternate universe where sleazy bars and pool halls are the community norm, and lounge lizard polyester suits (probably in neon colours) the garb de rigueur, it probably is.

You might want to consider the possibility, however, that most women do not feel "flattered" to learn that their photos are considered good faffing material by men they hardly know. (In the bathroom, Dano? Nice.)

Seicher also takes her photography pretty seriously -- as she should; she's very very good at it. Again, this is probably not how she'd like to think it being employed, even jokingly.

It is possible to flirt, or to note the erotic nature of a photo (and yes, there is an erotic element to this one, undoubtedly) without talking about is though it were a centrefold you've decided to hang up on your bathroom wall. Maybe save that kind of talk for your mates down at the gym? (Or better still, don't indulge in it at all?)

You get extra points from me for using that most marvellous multi-use word "faffing". 

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You might want to consider the possibility, however, that most women do not feel "flattered" to learn that their photos are considered good faffing material by men they hardly know.

Faffing? As in the Brit-speak of wasting time doing useless things? Or is this some Canadian version of fapping (male masturbation)? Just trying to stay current on the Canadianisms. :)

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Seicher also takes her photography pretty seriously -- as she should; she's very very good at it.

Awwww. I'm torn between a very sincere "thank you" and something sarcastically funny--except I can't think of what that would be. So, thank you it is. ♥

Going back to the faffing/fapping, considering all of the social distancing n'stuff, that's probably the closest I'm going to get to having a good time with another human, so...

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Faffing? As in the Brit-speak of wasting time doing useless things? Or is this some Canadian version of fapping (male masturbation)? Just trying to stay current on the Canadianisms.

Ooh. I'm trying to remember if I ever heard either "fapping" or "faffing" in this context in Canada. I'm not sure that I have, but maybe? I actually chose "faff" because, as Marigold says, it's pretty versatile, seems occasionally to be used in this way (vide. Urban Dictionary, s.v. "faff," entry #14), . . . and I kind of like its sound! Not, however, a Canadianism that I've ever noticed; we'd most likely use the same terms Americans use (and most of which I would not use here, certainly).

33 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

something sarcastically funny--except I can't think of what that would be.

I can wait. We could all use a laugh.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me coughs

Dano, I'm pretty sure that this is a joke, and is, moreover, intended to be taken as a compliment to Seicher? And, in some weird alternate universe where sleazy bars and pool halls are the community norm, and lounge lizard polyester suits (probably in neon colours) the garb de rigueur, it probably is.

You might want to consider the possibility, however, that most women do not feel "flattered" to learn that their photos are considered good faffing material by men they hardly know. (In the bathroom, Dano? Nice.)

Seicher also takes her photography pretty seriously -- as she should; she's very very good at it. Again, this is probably not how she'd like to think it being employed, even jokingly.

It is possible to flirt, or to note the erotic nature of a photo (and yes, there is an erotic element to this one, undoubtedly) without talking about is though it were a centrefold you've decided to hang up on your bathroom wall. Maybe save that kind of talk for your mates down at the gym? (Or better still, don't indulge in it at all?)

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Wait... wut? :::scratches head::: I "get" that you were most probably joking but serious about using the photo in your home. You also realize that this is technically copyright infringement or else you wouldn't have mentioned me suing you, so that apparently isn't an issue that needs discussing. I'm flattered when anyone likes any of my images. I assume that is why you copied one. I don't mind, and I don't really care where the photo is in any of your homes or what you do with it or to it.* However, your method leaves a bit to be desired. You could have just asked. Even in this public forum, you could have just asked. A private IM would have been better, but still. Instead you basically said, "I did this. Eff you. Live with it."  mmkay, I will.

*You have my permission to use this for your personal use, but you do not have permission to distribute it in any manner or receive any money from it.

Well, that went down like a lead balloon again I see! Not a great shock though as stated in my forum profile:
"Being English I tend to have that dry, sarcastic humour we're famous for....which tends to get me in a lot of s**t in text, usually with Americans! Believe me, it's never my intention to upset anybody but yeah, it can happen, so...sorry if it does."

Yes Scylla, it WAS intended as a joke and a compliment. "faffing material", seriously? For one thing, I've not "faffed" over a static picture since I was about 13 yrs old and found out it was capable of being useful for a lot more things than just peeing out of FFS! 
Would I consider the tastefully positioned (copy) statue of '
Michelangelo's David' in the hallway of your mansion your private "diddling" spot? Or the nymph's and nudes of the great masters (that show a lot more than this photo) on your walls as "faffing material? Of course not, it's "art"....apparently! Well, that's how I see Seicher's photo, tastefully posed, beautifully constructed and, if put into a nice frame...art! Totally NOT "erotic" by the way, unless I was a foot fetishist....which I'm not!
As a piece of "art", where else would I hang it? It's a bathroom scene, out of place in the living room, silly in the kitchen and way too tame for the bedroom (you lot would probably burn me at the stake if you ever looked in there!), but whatever!

Seicher - As mentioned above, my only intention was for decoration and to save a beautifully taken photo to be admired often instead of it being lost in the numerous pages of this thread. I thought it deserved better. There was no intention to distribute or gain money from it whatsoever.
My attempt to inform you in the way my post was written obviously fell flat and I deeply apologise for any confusion and/or upset caused to you. Due to the reactions here I've ditched the idea now and deleted the photo. Sorry once again.

*Disclaimer for everyone else:
NO!...I haven't taken ANYONE else's pic's from here! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Well, that's how I see Seicher's photo, tastefully posed, beautifully constructed and, if put into a nice frame...art!

There ya go! Had you expressed your admiration for the photo in this way, there'd have been no room for misunderstanding!

I'll apologize if I did misconstrue your language -- although I would, in my own defence, suggest that it was somewhat open to misconstruction.

It's also true that I may be a bit sensitive to this kind of thing at the moment: a couple of days ago, another poster responded to one of my pics on another thread by noisily ogling my thighs and openly speculating about whether the dress I was wearing did up with buttons, zipper, or snaps.

In any case, thank you for the clarification. If it's good with Seicher, it's all good with me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Well, that went down like a lead balloon again I see! Not a great shock though as stated in my forum profile:
"Being English I tend to have that dry, sarcastic humour we're famous for....which tends to get me in a lot of s**t in text, usually with Americans! Believe me, it's never my intention to upset anybody but yeah, it can happen, so...sorry if it does."

Yes Scylla, it WAS intended as a joke and a compliment. "faffing material", seriously? For one thing, I've not "faffed" over a static picture since I was about 13 yrs old and found out it was capable of being useful for a lot more things than just peeing out of FFS! 
Would I consider the tastefully positioned (copy) statue of '
Michelangelo's David' in the hallway of your mansion your private "diddling" spot? Or the nymph's and nudes of the great masters (that show a lot more than this photo) on your walls as "faffing material? Of course not, it's "art"....apparently! Well, that's how I see Seicher's photo, tastefully posed, beautifully constructed and, if put into a nice frame...art! Totally NOT "erotic" by the way, unless I was a foot fetishist....which I'm not!
As a piece of "art", where else would I hang it? It's a bathroom scene, out of place in the living room, silly in the kitchen and way too tame for the bedroom (you lot would probably burn me at the stake if you ever looked in there!), but whatever!

Seicher - As mentioned above, my only intention was for decoration and to save a beautifully taken photo to be admired often instead of it being lost in the numerous pages of this thread. I thought it deserved better. There was no intention to distribute or gain money from it whatsoever.
My attempt to inform you in the way my post was written obviously fell flat and I deeply apologise for any confusion and/or upset caused to you. Due to the reactions here I've ditched the idea now and deleted the photo. Sorry once again.

*Disclaimer for everyone else:
NO!...I haven't taken ANYONE else's pic's from here! 

Scylla isn't an American, she's Canadian, and I believe some of the other replies were from Brits. The eyebrow raising had nothing to do with humo(u)r not transferring across the Pond. As cliche as it is, literally some of my best friends are English and we routinely crack each other up because I do happen to enjoy a *good* bout of dry, sarcastic humour. My senses of humor and irony are just fine, thank you.

Just as you *could* have simply asked for the picture, or said something in an IM instead of your cloddish attempt at being funny, you *could* have just said something along the lines of "Sorry. I meant it as a joke, and I see where it didn't come across as such." IF that had happened I would have said fine and ended it. Instead what you delivered was a "Sorry but not sorry" thing. You explained that us oafish 'mericans are just too darned stupid to get your wit. You lay into Scylla for her remarks. Your words from your original post absolutely implied "pictoor of hawt girl goes in bathroom." Don't insult us by clutching your pearls and saying otherwise.

Poor you, you are so offended by these reactions that you are just going to delete the photo. Sniffle. Whatever.

This isn't the first time you've made inappropriate, cloddish remarks in various Forum threads. This isn't the first time the inappropriateness has been commented upon. If your so-called humor keeps getting you in trouble, so much so that you have to put a disclaimer on your profile, then I would suggest that perhaps the problem isn't the differences between various English speaking countries, but in the fact that you aren't nearly as funny as you think you are.  I wasn't ticked off, but I am now with this lousy excuse for an apology.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If it's good with Seicher, it's all good with me.

Apparently not! 

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There ya go! Had you expressed your admiration for the photo in this way, there'd have been no room for misunderstanding!

I'll apologize if I did misconstrue your language -- although I would, in my own defence, suggest that it was somewhat open to misconstruction.

It's also true that I may be a bit sensitive to this kind of thing at the moment: a couple of days ago, another poster responded to one of my pics on another thread by noisily ogling my thighs and openly speculating about whether the dress I was wearing did up with buttons, zipper, or snaps.

This is why I prefer Canadians! You (mostly) get us.

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I wasn't ticked off, but I am now with this lousy excuse for an apology.

Fair enough. Said my piece, made my apologies but thanks for reinforcing my observations. 

@Dano Seale As with most forum trouble makers, I always keep in mind those that are roleplaying ctheir SL.  as Crass, raunchy, offensive, boorish and/or inelegant  though you may have been at least you appear to be consistent with it.  So I vote for role play.  To attempt to get you back out of trouble I have burned an alt to try and appease the masses.  Good luck. 

(I only received one message in world in Bellissaria asking if I planned to leave the bonfire up.)

sailor_001.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I actually did read the comment as a compliment wrapped in a somewhat bad joke! But then again, I am known for cracking bad jokes at the wrong time in the wrong places too.

As did I (and as I stated in my original comment to whats-his-face). It was the faux apology— the 'mericans are too dumb to get witty Brit humour, the chiding of Scylla for her accurate reading, and the "I'm just gonna delete it!" whine/flounce that pis*ed me off. Life is still too short to be overly pis*ed off over a Forum boor, though.

I think most of us have been known to crack bad jokes, but hopefully when called on it we can simply say, "Sorry" and leave it at that.

• Like 6

On 3/23/2020 at 9:12 AM, GoSpeed Racer said:

Alone at home, alone in SL. Waiting to hear if I was exposed to COVID-19 at work 😞

The big media, with little to no credibility, is not covering the countries that have started using the Chloroquine and Zpack (Zithromax/generic azithromycin) to fight Covid-19. What coverage we are getting from the small voices is quite different from the big kids coverage but very hard to vet. India has started issuing to everyone in the country a Chloroquine and Zpack dosage as a prophylactic and as treatment to those known to have Covid-19. (I've had trouble vetting the 'everyone' part.)

We already have people hard hit by Covid-19, hospitalized and expected to die, that insisted on Chloroquine and Zpack treatment and where way better the next day. We will have to see if it works well for everyone and as a prophylactic. Empirical evidence outside controlled studies/testing is the combination is highly effective against Covid-19.

Malaria treatments in Africa seem to be holding the Covid-19 contagion back. Lots of African people take quinine as a prophylactic for malaria. The thought has come up that the 1850's treatment of taking quinine (which evolved into tonic water) to prevent malaria might be a good thing for preventing Covid-19. Of course, the present tonic water drinks lack the quantity of quinine contained in the 1850s mix. But, we have multiple treatments now that seem to be working. 

We'll know within a week.

Don't fret too much.

• Like 3

Wohooo Im back again 😄

Glad to see new faces and familiar faces as well. I hope everyone stays safe. The COVID 19 has turn the world upside down and I dont think this will be over soon. Its going to take a while. I really hope for all of this to end. Remember, wash your hands often for 20 sec., don't be around to many people or talk to close too them. Dont rub you eyes, nose or mouth after touching any objects that someone else used or touched. Be safe.

As for me well...in SL I'm the same o same o. Well maybe a gain a little bit of weight😅

1687063027_HomeSweetHomeCaminos(9014837)-General.png.c58476d27443b4b99a5af3cb880d1cf2.png1080247312_Snapshot_HomeSweetHomeCaminos(9014837)-General.png.5243404affdcff60246113b006c65550.png

• Like 22