Jump to content
Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

May be is also because I use only sl wl.

This one is NOT it. WL's will not affect the DOF, maybe with the hazy ones DOF is harder to see, but you can cross that off of your list of maybes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty hard to make this avatar look actually good because it's pretty simplistic but this is what I look like today

ddromanscondlife_587.png

  • Like 18
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching some k-dramas and I felt like doing something sad 😢🥺 a simple scene...the exactly moment when everything is over <o< sort of....Some poses look so good on the vendors and when you try it XD take sooo much work to find the right angle. Still i think I managed to capture the feelings I had in mind. 

Our breakup story

 

  • Like 31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It probably relates to the first time I tried to adjust the direction of my sight using the poser, and I somehow ended up with my left eyeball flying about 3 cms outside of my skull.

I'm sure I'll get over it.

Eventually.

The poser fixes poses, not bad rigging or bad attachment positions. You can only pose whats rigged to a bone and you can only pose it as good as the rigging allows. Keep that in mind.

Also, it sounds more like you used the position sliders rather than the rotation sliders.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NiranV Dean said:

The poser fixes poses, not bad rigging or bad attachment positions. You can only pose whats rigged to a bone and you can only pose it as good as the rigging allows. Keep that in mind.

Also, it sounds more like you used the position sliders rather than the rotation sliders.

I was using both -- and in that regard you are entirely right: the problem was bad rigging. Genus eyes are notoriously badly positioned and rigged, and the HUD controls for them quite literally do not do a thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry for posting twice in one day but I changed my avatar in honor of a certain band's final tour date of the year and this might be the last time these masks look like this.

so I want to post it before the concert ends

props if anyone knows what i'm going for (i hope) kinda put my own spin on it

romanscondlife_591.png

romanscondlife_590.png

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rumancekk said:

I'm sorry for posting twice in one day

Why would you feel the need to apologize for that. I certainly hope no one is offended by me posting more than one picture per day, or more than one picture per hour.

when I first posted this I just said "I hope no one is offended by this" meaning making more than one post per day, but then I realized someone might think I meant the picture, but if anyone is bothered by the picture they need to lighten up.

Untitled

 

Edited by Talligurl
To clarify what meant to say.
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rumancekk said:

props if anyone knows what i'm going for

3b23fce60e92a389ef93fa95e7fa0e1b.jpg

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

Uhmmm
while I was playing with the sand in a peaceful place I've take this photo.
I don't' understand how works the dof... 
the first picture is a screenshot of what I see and the second one is what I get when I shoot.
Any suggestion?

Ty 😊

beach-a.jpg

beach-b.jpg

If you are using Black Dragon, there's a feature "Autoscale rendering" in the Snapshot window. It's off by default, tick it on and it will keep your depth of field the same in your saved picture. Firestorm doesn't have this feature, unless it's hidden in debug settings somewhere.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I was using both -- and in that regard you are entirely right: the problem was bad rigging. Genus eyes are notoriously badly positioned and rigged, and the HUD controls for them quite literally do not do a thing.

Ah yea. Genus, i hear a lot of nice things about Genus.

49 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

If you are using Black Dragon, there's a feature "Autoscale rendering" in the Snapshot window. It's off by default, tick it on and it will keep your depth of field the same in your saved picture. Firestorm doesn't have this feature, unless it's hidden in debug settings somewhere.  

Yes, but its really just a fast hack, all it does is immediately multiply all affected graphic effects in strength times your screenshot resolution multiplier. Tuning options manually gives you much better and more accurate results.

The problem with autoscale rendering is that due to it being applied immediately on check, it may cause a crash, because GPU burning effects like Depth of Field are immediately multiplieed in strength, so if you are running Depth of Field cranked up to 11, you will turn Depth of Field up to 11² which will most likely result in a crash if you were already crawling around with 1-2 FPS.

Instead, use the big snapshot preview to see how the final picture will look and then make adjustments to the scene, ignore the inworld rendering and resize the big preview over your entire world view to get a better look at how the actual image will look like. Also i recommend taking pictures at 4k max because A: settings limits in preferences and machinima do not offer max values high enough to compensate for snapshots higher than 4k and B: taking snapshots at resolutions higher than 4k is unsafe and will result in a crash sooner or later as well as C even if the options were there to compensate (via debug for instance) you'd have to crank some options so high (Depth of Field) that you will not survive taking a snaphot at that resolution.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling the urge to wipe the dust (and whatever else) off the book and spill some ore words upon the page....but not without pics!  I finally found where to save the camera position in BD and grab an image to share...before heading off to work ;)

 

Avatar today 20200304.jpg

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Why would you feel the need to apologize for that. I certainly hope no one is offended by me posting more than one picture per day, or more than one picture per hour.

when I first posted this I just said "I hope no one is offended by this" meaning making more than one post per day, but then I realized someone might think I meant the picture, but if anyone is bothered by the picture they need to lighten up.

Untitled

 

I would never be offended by such great boots....😜

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I would never be offended by such great boots....😜

They are lovely boots.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...