How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

12 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

A failed experiment.  I came to SL for a lot of reasons.  One reason was to try to be someone other than myself.  Wouldn't it be fun to be more confident, say whatever crosses your mind, wear clothes you'd never dare to wear in real life?  I have tried to experiment with different personalities, genders, and species and I make a new alt for each thing I want to try.  I have 5 accounts and none of them are secret.  Zerrine (the blonde) is probably the best known.  I made her to see if I could be mean.  People sit around at home in anonymity and say all kinds of terrible things to each other and never seem to feel badly for doing it.  Why couldn't I?  What would it be like to say anything to anyone with no real repercussions?  It worked.  A few years ago I unleashed Zerrine inworld.  She said things and did things that Cinn would never do, but instead of feeling freedom she/I felt terrible. I ended up coming clean and apologizing to the people I had hurt.  Today Zerrine isn't any different than Cinn is.  She just dresses a bit sexier.  I also discovered that I am so uncomfortable in a male body that I never log my malt Mike in anymore. Anyway, the mirrored poses are on purpose.   I just can't escape myself.

Snapshot_002.png.41172fc70776358fa7fdeaa53170901e.png

I admire you for talking about this. I'd say the experiment was very successful. You learned a lot about yourself. You learned that you're a decent human being. And for that also, I admire you.

I have, for the most part, remained true to myself in SL. I have tried a few experiments, exploring myself, in search of a darker side. I couldn't find it either. However, in not trying to change myself, I discovered that SL has changed me. I have changed, not because I tried to, but because I let it happen. In both worlds, I'm much more outgoing today than I used to be. I'll sometimes say the first thing that crosses my mind. I dress in ways I never used to. I feel good, and I'm happy.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Stranger Hoxley said:

I am still riding a Bento. I bought it before there was animesh. Animesh seems nice and you can let your horse walk around your home in SL.Bento you have to wear or add to your avatar. Animesh you have to rezz in world and you can sit on it. when you want to take someone with you on your horse with Bento, you need a double ride to rezz inworld. with animesh the otherone can just sit on it, it seems. Bento still works fine to me. I can wear it so i dont have to rezz it in world. It is cheaper, but I think animesh will have the futur. You can try them both at: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Water%20Horse/75/52/22

I hope it helped you.

PS. you have a nice Frisian Horse :)

thanks 
also to SunnySunnyson that I cannot tag and I've some problem with quote

@Stranger Hoxley I love my Frisian too but is really old, I need to check in world how old is she.

what i like is the possibilities to let the horse walk with me, without ride like in rl, so maybe animesh is perfect.

@BerryRoll thanks, I''ll check for this that I didn't know

• Like 4

After receiving mysterious messages saying things about "closing in" and "be prepared", I found it best to lay low for a while and relocate to a different place of the world. At least the sushi is good here!

exile.thumb.jpg.ddfc25214cc77d1a4f351529833a7daa.jpg

Edited by TomWes
  • Like 31
  • Haha 7

@Scylla Rhiadralent me the use of this backdrop. Initially I just wanted to look at it since she made such a lovely photo with it. It took a bit of time before any inspiration came to me. After playing with some light settings, the place evoked in me a certain mood, reminding me of some past life events. I worked at setting up a couple held props, and took several photos, changing the framing and camera angle.

The_Farewell.thumb.jpg.95a1d4969868f99b5de75c449cbfc729.jpg

Thank you Scylla.

• Like 29

1 minute ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

@Scylla Rhiadralent me the use of this backdrop. Initially I just wanted to look at it since she made such a lovely photo with it. It took a bit of time before any inspiration came to me. After playing with some light settings, the place evoked in me a certain mood, reminding me of some past life events. I worked at setting up a couple held props, and took several photos, changing the framing and camera angle.

The_Farewell.thumb.jpg.95a1d4969868f99b5de75c449cbfc729.jpg

Thank you Scylla.

Great shot! I'm so glad you were able to put it to such good use, Iva!

It's funny how slightly dingy and tacky hotel lobbies are so evocative . . .

Ok, I'd better just shut up now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, TomWes said:

After receiving mysterious messages saying things about "closing in" and "be prepared", I found it best to lay low for a while and relocate to a different place of the world. At least the sushi is good here!

Oh do be careful. Someone else posted a photo in which I noticed a distant, foreboding figure on the road. Take care of yourself, and don't turn your back to doors.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, TomWes said:

Dammit.

That PI assured me he knew how to be discreet!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

screenshots. Sepia is custom filter. Still playing with the pretty dress @ http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nautilus%20-%20Kothar/97/66/1504

For the first time I had problems with DOF in BD. It was working fine on the monitor but did not render in the photos. ? /me shrugs

xi xiang 022720_003.jpg

xi xiang 022720_004.jpg

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 38

27 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

screenshots. Sepia is custom filter. Still playing with the pretty dress @ http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nautilus%20-%20Kothar/97/66/1504

For the first time I had problems with DOF in BD. It was working fine on the monitor but did not render in the photos. ? /me shrugs

xi xiang 022720_003.jpg

xi xiang 022720_004.jpg

These are truly gorgeous.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

There is a tickybox in the Snapshot window, "Autoscale rendering". It's off by default, but tick that and it will keep your depth of field and ambient occlusion in your saved snapshot.

I discovered this feature while taking this pic.

200217_004.thumb.jpg.887c6b176651868ee7ed2b4bf5abd634.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

On 2/26/2020 at 10:08 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

A failed experiment.  I came to SL for a lot of reasons.  One reason was to try to be someone other than myself.  Wouldn't it be fun to be more confident, say whatever crosses your mind, wear clothes you'd never dare to wear in real life?  I have tried to experiment with different personalities, genders, and species and I make a new alt for each thing I want to try.  I have 5 accounts and none of them are secret.  Zerrine (the blonde) is probably the best known.  I made her to see if I could be mean.  People sit around at home in anonymity and say all kinds of terrible things to each other and never seem to feel badly for doing it.  Why couldn't I?  What would it be like to say anything to anyone with no real repercussions?  It worked.  A few years ago I unleashed Zerrine inworld.  She said things and did things that Cinn would never do, but instead of feeling freedom she/I felt terrible. I ended up coming clean and apologizing to the people I had hurt.  Today Zerrine isn't any different than Cinn is.  She just dresses a bit sexier.  I also discovered that I am so uncomfortable in a male body that I never log my malt Mike in anymore. Anyway, the mirrored poses are on purpose.   I just can't escape myself.

Snapshot_002.png.41172fc70776358fa7fdeaa53170901e.png

I have long maintained that no matter what avatar you put on, your real self cannot be long concealed.  Maybe you could, if you were an actor and had long practice in putting on another persona.  But this is not a "failed experiment", Cinn...it's just another case of "no matter where you go...there you are."

• Like 10