Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

This is an absolutely awful shot, quickly taken at One Billion Rising, which I'm posting purely for the benefit of @Madelaine McMasters -- because Maddy collects Rosie the Riveter.

Maddy actually joined me at OBR earlier today, but she missed this . . .

(I am getting soooooo tired of the tiling in Firestorm, which seems to be getting worse every time I take a pic, and of the texture thrashing in Black Dragon, that I'm almost ready to go back to doing a simple "Print Screen" for pics. SO FRUSTRATING!)

Rosie-the-Riveter-Blank.thumb.png.261be81dc32627202f37d6a30d23e07c.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 24

21 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Hmm, this year's Valentine's Day motto: "Keep your eyes closed" 🤔

Snapshot_057.thumb.jpg.127a41190ab9994cabdc7cc687799c3a.jpg

Really love this one especially!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(I am getting soooooo tired of the tiling in Firestorm, which seems to be getting worse every time I take a pic, and of the texture thrashing in Black Dragon, that I'm almost ready to go back to doing a simple "Print Screen" for pics. SO FRUSTRATING!)

Try taking some pics in Catznip. Most of my recent pics have been with it.  It might not be as fancy as FS or Black Dragon for pics but I think the pics look better than FS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You know this wouldn't have to be if you'd let me help you right?

Im still wondering why you are getting texture thrashing in BD but not Firestorm. This sounds a lot like user error. I'd like to investigate that. How about you send me a picture of your texture memory settings in both Viewers, go to the same place texture thrashing is supposedly happening in BD but not FS and show me a picture in both Viewers with the texture console (ctrl + shift + 3) open. Also which GPU you are using is also quite important.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

An old friend just returned to SL this week after 7 years away. She's still in Mesh shock and eagerly accepting aid in putting herself back together. At least she hasn't forgotten how to dance ...or was I pointing her toward the edge at Waterfalls of Dreams?  It's a gorgeous build if you haven't been there.

Dancing.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Yes, the balloons I'm wearing pop when you click them.

49536100406_8c9948fc2f_h.jpg

49536332942_5a57c031f1_h.jpg

49535606763_7baa1e7715_h.jpg

No it doesn't. I tried it's just open the picture in a biger size. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

4 hours ago, Aedan Charron said:

An old friend just returned to SL this week after 7 years away. She's still in Mesh shock and eagerly accepting aid in putting herself back together. At least she hasn't forgotten how to dance ...or was I pointing her toward the edge at Waterfalls of Dreams?  It's a gorgeous build if you haven't been there.

Dancing.png

That place looks an awful lot like the old Lost Gardens of Apollo. Is it actually back, or has someone else just used it as inspiration?

• Like 4

Yesterday (februari the 14th) listening to the Blues at the Fog I made this picture, just hanging out. When I did @Saskia Rieko recognized me from these forums.... So it wasnt the Blues at all for me.

Never knew I am  going to be famous in SL by posting here 😀

1513265741_Bluesevening001.thumb.png.a4de57a1cb5516e9cbfb400e867fc5a4.png

• Like 33

5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

That place looks an awful lot like the old Lost Gardens of Apollo. Is it actually back, or has someone else just used it as inspiration?

There are some similar elements and it could very well have provided some inspiration but not same. At the Lost Gardens of Apollo, I spent very little time on the ground. Here, I wandered for hours trying to find out how to get off the ground until it was pointed out that one of the picks in the owner's profile had the TP to the dance floor.  If there's another way up, I hope somebody will tell me. I hate cheating :D

Edited by Aedan Charron
not enough coffee - missing word :D
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

screenshot Kindred Spirit

kindred spirit 021520_004.png

This is a beautiful image, Seicher. You have reminded me yet again that somehow I've managed to miss much there and have to go back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My dress for the Valentine's dance at the venue Himself and I frequent.  Oh, and I got to meet Garnet Psaltery "in person" earlier at the Linden Hug/Dunk event -- yay!

I've been playing more with photography inworld.  I took the SL Photography for Beginners class in Caledon (I'm not sure that's the exact wording, but that was essentially it) and found tons of good information.  Additionally, I glared at Skell's blog entry regarding SL photography and tried to take in what I was reading there also.

My brain hurts, but this didn't turn out too badly I don't think :)  The only editing was some cropping; the rest is as it was taken inworld.

Ajay Valentine Dress_006.edit.png

• Like 23