How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

47 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I'm always searching for a relaxing place an definitively this is the one i like more,

i feel in peace here, think, make a wish and cleaning my inventory in the meanwhile  😊

mai-1.jpg

mai-2.jpg

mai-3.jpg

I must know where this is, I have been good and cleaned out 2700 from my inventory yesterday.... ;)

• Like 4

I was getting my alt (named oh-so-creatively AjayMcDowwll Alter -- obviously I wasn't going for anonymity!) all meshed up so my husband can use her as a model when he's working on his clothing stuff.  This way he has a little doll to dress up, and I'm not stuck putting on and taking off endless dresses textured with bacon.  No, I am not kidding... he's got a weird sense of humor :P

I used my same shape, head (Genus Classic), body (Maitreya), skin (Adam & Eve), and hair (Truth -- Bloom in this case, although I'm wearing Farryn).

The picture gives me some serious uncanny valley vibes.  Yikes!  But still, it totally had to happen :)

(also, I'm wearing makeup and my alt isn't, because bless her heart, I spent enough just getting her to this point... that may come later)

Be Afraid... Be Very Afraid.edit.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Like 23

1 hour ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I was getting my alt (named oh-so-creatively AjayMcDowwll Alter -- obviously I wasn't going for anonymity!) all meshed up so my husband can use her as a model when he's working on his clothing stuff.  This way he has a little doll to dress up, and I'm not stuck putting on and taking off endless dresses textured with bacon.  No, I am not kidding... he's got a weird sense of humor :P

I used my same shape, head (Genus Classic), body (Maitreya), skin (Adam & Eve), and hair (Truth -- Bloom in this case, although I'm wearing Farryn).

The picture gives me some serious uncanny valley vibes.  Yikes!  But still, it totally had to happen :)

(also, I'm wearing makeup and my alt isn't, because bless her heart, I spent enough just getting her to this point... that may come later)

Be Afraid... Be Very Afraid.edit.png

Since she is your alt, he does not get 2 mothers-in-law! :D

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Really lovely! Is this your place?

No, I wish! I only have 350 LI on a LL houseboat. :) Although wandering this sim, I couldn't help note that I have half of the same design elements in my inventory as this sim's design... which says more about my wonky inventory than anything else. :) The joys of liking to assemble sims. :) ANYway... this is da place, which is also the same place as the previous photo above of me on a swing. https://modemworld.me/2020/02/03/seeking-a-kindred-spirit-in-second-life/

Edited by Seicher Rae
to try to make a sentence intelligible?
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

No, I wish! I only have 350 LI on a LL houseboat. :) Although wandering this sim, I couldn't help note that I have half of the same design elements in my inventory as this sim's design... which says more about my wonky inventory than anything else. :) The joys of liking to assemble sims. :) ANYway... this is da place, which is also the same place as the previous photo above of me on a swing. https://modemworld.me/2020/02/03/seeking-a-kindred-spirit-in-second-life/

Well, it's a great pic.

I want to go there, rip down the ivy, and stuff as much as I can into my purse.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

I think I need to discover a new and exciting sim or something, because I have been having trouble finding inspiration. Here I am in front of a car.

Road Tripping

I feel your pain -- although I think this is a great pic

At least you found a car to include. The best I was able to manage in my last pic was post box.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I feel your pain -- although I think this is a great pic

At least you found a car to include. The best I was able to manage in my last pic was post box.

Thank you, Scylla. I thought your post box pic was was great as well, as was your new Maitreya! 

The struggle for inspiration is real. I think I’ll check out the ivy covered sim that Seicher linked. I just hope I get there before you visit with your purse. 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

I think I need to discover a new and exciting sim or something, because I have been having trouble finding inspiration. Here I am in front of a car.

491198122_EvaandMe.thumb.jpg.f99cd940fee9a7cf9955665d1c38a9ac.jpg

Trouble finding inspiration?

That's because you are in front of the car.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

Thank you, Scylla. I thought your post box pic was was great as well, as was your new Maitreya! 

The struggle for inspiration is real. I think I’ll check out the ivy covered sim that Seicher linked. I just hope I get there before you visit with your purse

At one point we had this awesome idea here in the forums of making a group together for photography and exploring photogenic sims. We kind of got stuck after making the group, also in Flickr (and have a bit of activity on there). Maybe a good idea to put some more life in it again! The struggle for new fun and inspiration places is real indeed! ;)

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

At one point we had this awesome idea here in the forums of making a group together for photography and exploring photogenic sims. We kind of got stuck after making the group, also in Flickr (and have a bit of activity on there). Maybe a good idea to put some more life in it again! The struggle for new fun and inspiration places is real indeed! ;)

We're half way there Zeta. We did the group shots at Burrows two weeks ago and we agreed we would try to do a group themed shoot once a month on  a Sunday around 0800SLT.  In the meantime I'll always be up for smaller collaborations and I'm hoping to meet Eva next Sunday "somewhere"...we haven't formalised anything yet.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

A good source of inspiration that is quick and easy is Flickr's groups that require SLURLs.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/secondlifelandscapes/

https://www.flickr.com/groups/sl_photo_locales_/

There are also the backdrop places in SL... just search backdrop...

49492456013_72c705fbe0.jpg

This is me trying the Maitreya v5 demo. I wrote up what my take of the body is. You'll notice the exotic location and amazing backdrop...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3