How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

I can't really use BD.  Every time I go to close it, it screws up my laptop's graphics until it looks like an old time tv station where everything is colorful and scrambled so you can't see anything.  The only thing I can do is restart my whole computer. 

Anyway, today is just a simple portrait.  nothing fancy. no fancy windlight or filter or anything.

Day25

• Like 25

15 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Welcome back.  missed your pics.

3 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Welcome back Skell.

I love the hair; I thought it was No Perfection from No Match, but I just looked at mine and it's not the same. What is it?

Thank you both :)

Matty: the hair is 'Selene' by Exile.

For today's look I dropped a rather shocking sum of money at Mainframe event over the last couple of days, so this one is a somewhat abrupt volte-face from my previous image, especially once I'd run it through a couple of filters and it ended up looking alarmingly real:

49438960801_8ab3fc6df1_h.jpg

• Like 28

8 hours ago, Lene Nykvist said:

New skin from Session and a new hobby :D Tried surfing first time ever at Kona Beach today! 🏄‍♂️

I think you are way overdressed for SL surfing, but that's just me.

Untitled

• Like 21

45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's a lovely shot! And it has that very distinctively "BD" feel to it.

As for defaults -- I found that if you right-click on the slider bars it resets them to . . . um, something. Default, maybe?

Thanks so much! Yep that worked. I was afraid I have borkened it forever. You're a lifesaver, @Scylla Rhiadra! And thanks for the kind words. ❤️

Adding another one that's not nearly as artistic but relevant for me being a patriotic Aussie; just took Riley to the Australian Bushfire Wildlife Benefit and introduced her to some familiar scenery and wildlife (she's being shy in this pic, obviously). I hope I don't get in trouble for posting it but it's a cause very dear to my heart so... 

1129931504_AtFameshedAussieRSPCAappeal.thumb.png.6fb0d26eb6671c4f19a7200ca18b07bd.png

It's the first time I've been able to use DoF in a shopping event AND have Riley attached to me with shadows on and the FPS was no different to when I'm at my home in Belli!

(And yes, I am wearing shorts in this pic, it's just that the shirt is long XD).

• Like 24

18 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Adding another one that's not nearly as artistic but relevant for me being a patriotic Aussie; just took Riley to the Australian Bushfire Wildlife Benefit and introduced her to some familiar scenery and wildlife (she's being shy in this pic, obviously). I hope I don't get in trouble for posting it but it's a cause very dear to my heart so... 

... slightly off topic ... hope Riley didn't get scared by the literal double-sided "Two Face" koala in the wildlife hospital box...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I think you are way overdressed for SL surfing, but that's just me.

Well, that might be :) But I love the way it gets wet when I go in the water, and I have to wait in the sun (or shadow :P) or use the included towel to get dry again :D

sufergirl3.thumb.jpg.b6d089a8405365196cd2a4caa18cba44.jpg

And I actually got more compliments and attention from the guys wearing the wetsuit than I got wearing this ;)

surfergirl2.thumb.jpg.31753f2539ac3fc92faab6dde134c86b.jpg

• Like 30

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As for defaults -- I found that if you right-click on the slider bars it resets them to . . . um, something. Default, maybe?

@RaeLeeH - Scylla is on to it but here's a slight correction: 

Right-click -> back to previous held value

CTRL +  right-click -> back to default

Works on most sliders/spinners except those who have [default] next to them, where a click on that does the trick.

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

@RaeLeeH - slight correction: 

Right-click -> back to previous held value

CTRL +  right-click -> back to default

Works on most sliders/spinners except those who have [default] next to them, there you obviously click...

Thanks so much @Angelina String! I feel like a noob today and probably will for a while until I get used to it (and I can stop smacking into walls. But at least they're pretty walls with shadows now! XD).

❤️

And no, @Lillith Hapmouche though admittedly I didn't show her that. I didn't see it myself! I need to go back again! (Any excuse to spend more money lately *lol*) Riley's probably shocked enough I managed to get her out of the house to somewhere other than Pal Park. 

😂

Edited by RaeLeeH
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick fyi tip for the rest of you who are also learning BD viewer: I just learned that under the display settings, for where you set the rendering for trees, terrain, etc. you see boxes for none to ultra. The boxes marked in BLUE are the settings that equal the Firestorm or LL viewers' ULTRA. The boxes set higher, in yellow, are therefore higher than FS ultra. Just gives you a sense of what you are asking your graphics card to do, and where to play with settings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Just a quick fyi tip for the rest of you who are also learning BD viewer: I just learned that under the display settings, for where you set the rendering for trees, terrain, etc. you see boxes for none to ultra. The boxes marked in BLUE are the settings that equal the Firestorm or LL viewers' ULTRA. The boxes set higher, in yellow, are therefore higher than FS ultra. Just gives you a sense of what you are asking your graphics card to do, and where to play with settings.

Yesterday, when we were chatting at Tralala's Diner, I'd forgot that my Mac was set for HiDPI, and my screen resolution was the full 5K. I went back to normal this morning and was able to wander the streets at 20fps on low, with no appreciable lag. This is in Firestorm, as BD isn't available for Macs.

Curiously, when running in HiDPI and "Ultra", the viewer was unusable, yet my CPU meter was running 50-90% and my GPU meter was at 6%.

At any rate, I'm glad I saw your pic. I'd never have known about the diner otherwise. I can't resist chowing down at a place where the overhead loudspeaker blares "Don't eat the meat here!"

To stay closer to topic, here's how your avatar looked, nine years ago...

HippiestockBigLabels.thumb.jpg.142fa3633b87e244890ae51c371417ed.jpg

You are floating in air between the center and left billboard, trying to catch my favorite flying monkey, Ags Falconer.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yesterday, when we were chatting at Tralala's Diner, I'd forgot that my Mac was set for HiDPI, and my screen resolution was the full 5K. I went back to normal this morning and was able to wander the streets at 20fps on low, with no appreciable lag. This is in Firestorm, as BD isn't available for Macs.

Curiously, when running in HiDPI and "Ultra", the viewer was unusable, yet my CPU meter was running 50-90% and my GPU meter was at 6%.

At any rate, I'm glad I saw your pic. I'd never have known about the diner otherwise. I can't resist chowing down at a place where the overhead loudspeaker blares "Don't eat the meat here!"

To stay closer to topic, here's how your avatar looked, nine years ago...

HippiestockBigLabels.thumb.jpg.142fa3633b87e244890ae51c371417ed.jpg

You are floating in air between the center and left billboard, trying to catch my favorite flying monkey, Ags Falconer.

Ahahahaha. Oh my. What fun to see who was there and who you edited in (like me). Of course now I see a few reasons why I wasn't there at the time. :\  All becomes clear...   I'm glad you're able to navigate Pine Lake. I think I mentioned during our chat that Tralala Loordes (the designer/owner of the sim) is a fabulous artist and her Flickr is a must see.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2020 at 1:35 AM, Saravendi said:

@Seicher Rae... love this shot, the mood and awesome colors. Raw? I’m wondering what the differences would be between FS and this BD photo.

Thank you, and yes, that shot was raw. 99.99999% of my photos are raw. The differences between FS and BD, and these are just guesses, using the same WL... I probably would have needed a very mild facelight to fill in due to the backlighting. The blur and bokeh would have been also in FS. The colors are richer and more luminous in the BD. The "smoothness" is BD. The FS would have had me use Anypose to fix the chair pose, BD did that for me with its pose feature. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Catrie said:

I can't really use BD.  Every time I go to close it, it screws up my laptop's graphics until it looks like an old time tv station where everything is colorful and scrambled so you can't see anything.  The only thing I can do is restart my whole computer. 

i had exactly the same issue, but then I realized, actually by the fact I could not find the Poser, that I was running old / not updated or maybe broken version - that was my best guess. I immediately downloaded a new one and it works well.

Edited by Saskia Rieko
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Lene Nykvist said:

Well, that might be :) But I love the way it gets wet when I go in the water, and I have to wait in the sun (or shadow :P) or use the included towel to get dry again :D

Oh that sounds pretty cool.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

What fun to see who was there and who you edited in (like me).

I think Hippiestock 10 is today. In fact, I think it's just starting now. My experience going last year is that there aren't too many people I'll know there, but it's nice to see a few old friends in-world there, I'll probably drop by for a short while.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think Hippiestock 10 is today. In fact, I think it's just starting now. My experience going last year is that there aren't too many people I'll know there, but it's nice to see a few old friends in-world there, I'll probably drop by for a short while.

Yes it is actually

• Like 3