How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

43 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

It happens regardless of Ambient Occlusion and regardless of whether you can spot it or not as long as your snapshot is taken in resolutions even a single pixel higher than your current Viewer render resolution.

Luckily this very rarely shows in most of my pics - I take all my pics at 5000x2607 with all the bells & whistes activated - Ambient Occlusion included. My viewer render resolution is at 1920x1001 so I should be experiencing that tiling all the time... But I have only been able to see it 2-3 times when I use a specific windlight... I use glasses, so it might be that I do not have the eyesight to see them :D

So here's todays challenge - show me the tiling on this unedited, straight from FS image so I know where to look in the future :):

Snapshot_4134.thumb.jpg.6419029302085af5401979cae69f4ae8.jpg

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

Luckily this very rarely shows in most of my pics - I take all my pics at 5000x2607 with all the bells & whistes activated - Ambient Occlusion included. My viewer render resolution is at 1920x1001 so I should be experiencing that tiling all the time... But I have only been able to see it 2-3 times when I use a specific windlight... I use glasses, so it might be that I do not have the eyesight to see them :D

So here's todays challenge - show me the tiling on this unedited, straight from FS image so I know where to look in the future :):

Snapshot_4134.thumb.jpg.6419029302085af5401979cae69f4ae8.jpg

unknown.png

Here, here, here, here, there, there, here, here, there, here and there, over there, there and there, you can follow the lines across the entire snapshot and thats just one of tiling spots

unknown.png

Its everywhere.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

Here, here, here, here, there, there, here, here, there, here and there, over there, there and there, you can follow the lines across the entire snapshot and thats just one of tiling spots

Thank you - since I always take my pics in the same resolution, I now know where to start looking!  And also where to avoid placing hard-to-photoshop details when composing the shot! I made a template with a 1920x1001 in PS, so I and my poor eyesight can find the tiling :

25c4640ab5e1afa16675f0e0c3e021d0.jpg

Or I could use BD of course ;) !

Thank you for your assistance!

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 7

Well, I'm jumping on the Black Dragon bandwagon with so many others here recently. I'm soooo sick of the Firestorm tiling thing that has only been a problem for me for about a month, but according to a post here by Niran, it is something that has been going on with the viewers for over a year. Yeah... nah. ZOMG. We're not in Kansas anymore, are we? If I had taken this snapshot in FS, it would have taken me about 5 mins. This took me hours. Ha! Well, that's learning a new viewer, of course. It takes time. And yes, my very first BD photo and of course I rotated the camera! :) The mouse rollover "tips" are much more technical in BD than in FS, so more study will be involved. But here 'tis:

Black Dragon SR hsboat 012220_002.jpg

ETA: I had a real problem getting the lighting on the face right, and this still isn't it. The cheeks keep looking really dark, like very bad and heavy makeup contouring. Dunno. But SR doesn't have any blush on.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 26

50 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Well, I'm jumping on the Black Dragon bandwagon with so many others here recently. I'm soooo sick of the Firestorm tiling thing that has only been a problem for me for about a month, but according to a post here by Niran, it is something that has been going on with the viewers for over a year. Yeah... nah. ZOMG. We're not in Kansas anymore, are we? If I had taken this snapshot in FS, it would have taken me about 5 mins. This took me hours. Ha! Well, that's learning a new viewer, of course. It takes time. And yes, my very first BD photo and of course I rotated the camera! :) The mouse rollover "tips" are much more technical in BD than in FS, so more study will be involved. But here 'tis:

Black Dragon SR hsboat 012220_002.jpg

ETA: I had a real problem getting the lighting on the face right, and this still isn't it. The cheeks keep looking really dark, like very bad and heavy makeup contouring. Dunno. But SR doesn't have any blush on.

~4-5 months actually. FS updated in October, it was reported in September, they had a month time to fix it. 

• Like 6

On 1/21/2020 at 11:59 AM, MrsSeren said:

Never could get head round BD; I feel like I'm one few who don't use lumipro however I'd love to buy but it such an expense so it on back burner.  Having said all that; I think my pictures turn out okay with using windlights. :) 

LOTS of people don't use Lumipro. I don't. I can rez projector cubes on my own for free. :) A little more hassle, but not that much more. And honestly? Usually my one, very old Pulse (skins) free facelight, that has a hud for you to be able to control the amount of light, is about all the projectors I use.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

LOTS of people don't use Lumipro. I don't. I can rez projector cubes on my own for free. :) A little more hassle, but not that much more. And honestly? Usually my one, very old Pulse (skins) free facelight, that has a hud for you to be able to control the amount of light, is about all the projectors I use.

I never used a projector to light my avatar. Most of the time i disable (either selectively or all) lights completely because they ruin the natural lighting im trying to set up. Besides they bring a lot of issues with them... even worse lighting on alphas, no shadows on alphas at all, SSAO is basically killed by lights and it just takes away from the soft lighting and makes it way too harsh, if anything i lower light intensity down to something that is adequate and only gives a slight ambient illumination.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

I never used a projector to light my avatar. Most of the time i disable (either selectively or all) lights completely because they ruin the natural lighting im trying to set up. Besides they bring a lot of issues with them... even worse lighting on alphas, no shadows on alphas at all, SSAO is basically killed by lights and it just takes away from the soft lighting and makes it way too harsh, if anything i lower light intensity down to something that is adequate and only gives a slight ambient illumination.

I noticed in my first bit of playing with BD, that the projectors look much different in BD. In FS the old facelight I have, when adjusted to the lowest setting, gives a nice, barely there bit of lighting. I forgot I had it on when I started BD and it was VERY noticeable, like I had a stadium light on my head. :) So that was immediately disabled. Projectors can do a lot more than just provide filler light though, and in SL they can be used quite creatively.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Projectors can do a lot more than just provide filler light though, and in SL they can be used quite creatively.

Yeah, this.

It totally depends on the context, for me. There are shots where I don't use any projectors, and rely solely on natural lighting. And there are others where I literally kill all light, and rely only on projectors and/or point lights, because I want more precision and control than Windlight can give me.

I haven't tried projectors or point lights in BD yet. Guess that's up next!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

But me using a floating dead body for a drink holder, also in Bellisseria, wasn't a deterrent... Interesting priorities, or predilections, there, Scylla.

Well, there's an important difference.

There's a good chance the corpse is someone I know well, and feel comfortable with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, this.

It totally depends on the context, for me. There are shots where I don't use any projectors, and rely solely on natural lighting. And there are others where I literally kill all light, and rely only on projectors and/or point lights, because I want more precision and control than Windlight can give me.

I've used projectors with textures on them to interesting effects, or pinhole projectors, or...  I don't use Photoshop (we'll pretend it is because I'm a purist), and sometimes if I'm out shooting photos on a sim where I don't have rez rights, I'll attach a projector to me, edit it away from me (while I'm in a pose stand to hold steady) and use it to illuminate some little detail in a landscape or still life that needs a little bit of help. (And then I'll walk around, forgetting I have a projector cube stuck meters away from my avi...)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, there's an important difference.

There's a good chance the corpse is someone I know well, and feel comfortable with.

If the decomposing bodies I have in my existing inventory aren't quite... the right people, I might be able to do some contract work. I've been shopping lately and well, could use the extra Lindens... I'd hate to use the wrong corpse and have you feel uncomfortable. I'm a giver...

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just as fun and useful as in all the other viewers :)

I totally depend on them, especially when doing studioshots and as fill lights on location... 3 of them in use in this, to get details in the dress to pop and as general fill/highlights:

Snapshot_121_cr.thumb.jpg.e6dc53a6fe76832cbc66ff07ffae36d8.jpg

• Like 19