How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, NiranV Dean said:

Texture trashing means you are running out of available texture memory. This is either because you've set your texture memory too low or if you are using automatic memory management you are really running out of texture memory (GPU VRAM). In first case you should enable automatic memory management and relog and in the latter case you can't do anything about it, the Viewer is already using all your available texture memory and its not enough to keep all textures loaded at the same time... the woes of everything being 1024x1024 for no reason. You can enable Automatic Memory Management in Display preferences at the very top. It does not matter what you set System and Scene Memory to if you enable it. If you choose to do it manually (which i highly recommend NOT doing) you'll have to balance System and Scene in roughly a 3:2 to 4:3 ratio (System:Scene) according to your maximum GPU memory. 1GB = 666 / 333 (System / Scene), 2GB = 1200 / 800 (System / Scene)... you get the idea. In addition i'd leave at least ~128mb MINIMUM for FBO's, misc stuff and of course your background applications as well as Windows.

Thanks, Niran. I'll try this. I very rarely get texture thrashing on FS, so hopefully I can fix this on BD.

1 hour ago, NiranV Dean said:

To your picture: More light softening / shadow blur (2.6 minimum for 4k shots and ~4.0 or higher for 6k shots), higher shadow resolution (~2048) for the Far / Very Far shadowmap (depending on which includes the house wall behind you) as well as higher shadow resolution (4096) for the Closest shadowmap to make those shadows on the wall on the very left look better.

My shot wasn't quite point-and-click, but it was close. Part of the reason for that was simply that I wasn't sure exactly what the shadow resolutions at different distances did. I think maybe I have a clearer sense now. My next step with this viewer will be to start playing around with settings in order to get a better sense of how they work, and how they relate to the corresponding sliders in FS phototools.

Also, I need to work out how to import some Windlight settings . . .

• Like 6

Elegance

"[The Edwardian era] was a time of booming trade, of great prosperity and wealth in which the pageant of London Society took place year after year in a setting of traditional dignity and beauty. The great houses—Devonshire, Dorchester, Grosvenor, Stafford and Lansdowne House—had not yet been converted into museums, hotels and flats, and there we danced through the long summer nights till dawn. The great country-houses still flourished in their glory, and on their lawns in the green shade of trees the art of human intercourse was exquisitely practised by men and women not yet enslaved by household cares and chores who still had time to read, to talk, to listen and to think."
           (Violet Bonham Carter, Winston Churchill: An Intimate Portrait, 1965)

(PS. This is, as much as anything, another test using BD)

Elegance-Blank.thumb.png.1db50854797d3d010b36298121a0b167.png

• Like 33

2 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

Happy to have found the new outfit for 2020 and a sim that fit perfect for it 😍
https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ADRENALINA/37/226/1957/

new2020_1.jpg

new2020_4.jpg

Great outfit, and really cool looking avatar! Is the hair YumYum?

Actually, you look a lot like a prof I had as an undergrad.

(I kind of hated her, but you are much more stylish than she was, and MUCH nicer!)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Elegance

"[The Edwardian era] was a time of booming trade, of great prosperity and wealth in which the pageant of London Society took place year after year in a setting of traditional dignity and beauty. The great houses—Devonshire, Dorchester, Grosvenor, Stafford and Lansdowne House—had not yet been converted into museums, hotels and flats, and there we danced through the long summer nights till dawn. The great country-houses still flourished in their glory, and on their lawns in the green shade of trees the art of human intercourse was exquisitely practised by men and women not yet enslaved by household cares and chores who still had time to read, to talk, to listen and to think."
           (Violet Bonham Carter, Winston Churchill: An Intimate Portrait, 1965)

(PS. This is, as much as anything, another test using BD)

Elegance-Blank.thumb.png.1db50854797d3d010b36298121a0b167.png

this is absolutely AMAZING!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

So I installed Black Dragon and had a play around with it today. Absolutely LOVE that pose adjusting thing. And the shadows; I have never seen such lovely soft shadows in SL, ever.  I had a lot of fun with it. This is a raw snapshot, not one single bit of post processing at all. Even the vignette is part of the viewer. Full size 4800px-wide version is on my Flickr.

49425774593_f118dbe0b5_b.jpg

I just wish my PC was powerful enough for me to run around with SL looking like this all the time. Unfortunately it's not really powerful enough for Black Dragon (my fps here was down to 6, and even with all the graphics settings dropped to the lowest settings I could find, it never went above 20, which is about what I get with Firestorm on High/Ultra). I'll definitely be using it for future photos though.

7 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

The tiling issue happens on all shots with resolutions higher than your current viewer render resolution. It's a known issue since last year when i reported it. FS has yet to fix it, i did report it in time for them (and LL) to fix it. BD had it fixed immediately after it was reported (4 days later) in November? October?

I only ever see that tiling effect when I have Ambient Occlusion turned on, regardless of resolution. 

• Like 26

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 3.00.54 PM copy.jpg

I feel really dumpy next to Victoria and Talli! Anyway... I was just checking out this new pose HUD and...hummm 😬.... I'll just slink back to the darken corner of this place.

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 22

32 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

I feel really dumpy next to Victoria and Talli! Anyway... I was just checking out this new pose HUD and...hummm 😬.... I'll just slink back to the darken corner of this place.

...and then you got Black Dragon-ized :P

Snapshot_305_cr.thumb.jpg.4073271e2b8e1e5c67728e18a00a75f2.jpg

I sneakeded in on you and tooked thiz one - no need for a dark corner if you ask me!!!

Edited by Angelina String
Swapped out the to-much-edited pic with the one straight from BD - Not possible to improve on the original Sara!
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Marut72 said:

bettypage+Charlie-2

Having fun working on a Betty Page series.......

No Photoshop... just an inworld texture of a photo of Betty and some camera blur...

Clothing by my favourite designer: L&B

Pssssst. You don't look at all like Betty Page in this pic!

Now, wear a swimsuit and strike a sexy pose, and you're on to something!

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

So I installed Black Dragon and had a play around with it today. Absolutely LOVE that pose adjusting thing. And the shadows; I have never seen such lovely soft shadows in SL, ever.  I had a lot of fun with it. This is a raw snapshot, not one single bit of post processing at all. Even the vignette is part of the viewer. Full size 4800px-wide version is on my Flickr.

49425774593_f118dbe0b5_b.jpg

I just wish my PC was powerful enough for me to run around with SL looking like this all the time. Unfortunately it's not really powerful enough for Black Dragon (my fps here was down to 6, and even with all the graphics settings dropped to the lowest settings I could find, it never went above 20, which is about what I get with Firestorm on High/Ultra). I'll definitely be using it for future photos though.

I only ever see that tiling effect when I have Ambient Occlusion turned on, regardless of resolution. 

Ambient Occlusion (in other Viewers this includes light softening and SSAO) are the only available features that make the tiling obvious, especially light softening (smooth shadows) will show this a lot hence why you see it with Ambient Occlusion on without it you'll have to look very closely to find the tiling artifacts. It happens regardless of Ambient Occlusion and regardless of whether you can spot it or not as long as your snapshot is taken in resolutions even a single pixel higher than your current Viewer render resolution. Where it happens obviously depends on the chosen resolution, a single pixel extra would mean the tiling would appear at the very edge of your picture while double resolution would mean it will happen like a cross across the center of your screen.

Turning down options wont help. Most of the performance overhead comes from items around you and other avatars. The only options which have a huge impact on performance are draw distance, max avatars and/or the jellydoll/complexity settings for avatars and shadow resolution. Anything else has little impact from stock unless you turn them up or have a weak GPU (Volumetric Lighting and Screen Space Reflections have a huge impact on weak GPU's or with iteration count (resolution)).

From my own experience i can tell you that a simple AMD FX 6200 (now 9 years old) and a GTX 460 (almost 10 years old now) is enough to run SL at 30+ FPS with all fancies on including shadows, that is if you ignore the fact that a GTX 460 has only 1GB VRAM and will probably not even load one of your two hands fully before its texture memory says no and implodes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4