How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 1/7/2020 at 7:31 PM, manoji Yachvili said:

I need to meditate, what better than Tai Chi...

I don't understand why there is that strange line on the sky 😐

thai_1.jpg

thai_2.jpg

thai_3.jpg

thai_4.jpg

thai_5.jpg

nice shots.

re. the line, did you perhaps catch the edge of a transparent top of the flowers? 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:
23 hours ago, Catrie said:

I demo'd both heads and after sharing pics of them, the general consensus was that neither of them had the "me" vibe. 

Lucky! I have yet to meet a bento head that isn’t “me”. I already blew my budget for Jan and it’s only the 8th. 😅

I have yet to meet a bento head that IS me. My AK head came close, but I was sick of never finding skins for it. Would BOM help that? (I'm dragging my feet with that 'cuz I'm being technophobic-lazy.) It is an older AK head, so I don't know if it is BOM capable.

My current LeLutka head is pretty, but has too much cheek bone and looks too glam for me. Also the eye opening shape I can't get to rounder, more open. But the mouth and the nose are great! SIGH. I really hate the overly puffy lip look, for me anyway, totally personal preference. I see what a good job @GoSpeed Racer did in matching her system head and it makes me want to try yet again.

Budget? Bu...dg..et? Budg...et? ??? Wut? I don't know what that is!

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I have yet to meet a bento head that IS me. My AK head came close, but I was sick of never finding skins for it. Would BOM help that? (I'm dragging my feet with that 'cuz I'm being technophobic-lazy.) It is an older AK head, so I don't know if it is BOM capable.

My current LeLutka head is pretty, but has too much cheek bone and looks too glam for me. Also the eye opening shape I can't get to rounder, more open. But the mouth and the nose are great! SIGH. I really hate the overly puffy lip look, for me anyway, totally personal preference. I see what a good job @GoSpeed Racer did in matching her system head and it makes me want to try yet again.

I've tried various bento heads and have constantly made adjustments.  I had the Lelutka Simone for the longest time.  The only reason I went to Catwa is because I noticed more and more stores  not making Lelutka versions of the make up I wanted.  Genus was newly out and everything was going Catwa/Genus.   The Catwa head was okay, but I didn't really care for the HUD.  Lelutka's HUD I loved, because to me it was just easier to figure out.  I moved to Genus because it looked better in pictures. Since that's what I do most, I tried it out and went with the Baby face.  I wish the zones were a bit better, as right now I can't wear different eyebrows and still wear the Genus provided mole, as they are both on the same layer and will cancel each other out.  There is a lipstick brand that has the mole added, but I can never remember the name to try it with different eyebrows. 😛   

I tried the new Lelutka heads, and they look great.  But Py and Momo both told me that they didn't have the "Catrie" vibe.  I'm not exactly sure what that is, but if they say the heads aren't me, I'm going to listen. lol  Just means more Linden for me to spend on fashion. lol  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

The new LeLutka heads have less severe cheekbones IMO. Might be worth a shot! I wasn’t crazy about the nose width or lips on the default shapes with those heads, but they responded well to the sliders.

A budget is that thing that I wave goodbye to in the rear view mirror as I blow past it every month. Maybe you can relate? 😀

Edited by Eva Knoller
Derp
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/8/2020 at 2:07 AM, Elora Lunasea said:

FFS Bakes on Mesh is hard. But pretty

New Lelutka Evolution head, Nova. On sale for 2 weeks only for $3700L 

Now if I can only remember how I finally figured out how I got it to work 🤣

Nova/Skylar

Lovely but the lips am not too keen on Catwa had bad reviews for lips I like my head but to me these are even more pouty jmo 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Lovely but the lips am not too keen on Catwa had bad reviews for lips I like my head but to me these are even more pouty jmo 

Yea, I mentioned this too. I absolutely need to do something about them. I'm no fan of this look but I'll be able to fix it. It looks like someone went crazy with the collagen injections :P 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

"To burn always with this hard, gemlike flame, to maintain this ecstasy, is success in life."
                                                    (Walter Pater, The Renaissance, 1873; 1888)

Gem-Like-Flame-Blank.thumb.png.64e11e8d09e5ff43752c11b9e9807288.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 26

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I don't think BoM is a good answer for someone who likes to find new skins to wear, and maybe change looks often. Like system makeups, new system skins, which are fundamental to how BoM works, may get more difficult to find as time goes by and mesh bodies and their appliers become more widely adopted.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Like system makeups, new system skins, which are fundamental to how BoM works, may get more difficult to find as time goes by and mesh bodies and their appliers become more widely adopted.

This literally sounds like the early days of mesh bodies! LOL I would think it's the opposite; as BOM gains traction, more skin creators will releasing their skins the "old fashioned" way and call it "BOM". Go figure, creating a system skin, head-to-toe the way we've always done circa the beginning of SL time until someone invented appliers is now a selling point.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I don't think BoM is a good answer for someone who likes to find new skins to wear, and maybe change looks often. Like system makeups, new system skins, which are fundamental to how BoM works, may get more difficult to find as time goes by and mesh bodies and their appliers become more widely adopted.

So interesting thing about this, Glam Affair released five or six new skins for the new LeLutka Evolution heads, and the only come in system layers. No appliers at all! It’s what made me finally try BOM. I think things may be slowly swinging back in the opposite direction to system skins.

• Like 4