How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Didn't the old system shirts, to be long, have to be both a shirt and a bottom?

You could extend a shirt with either the pants layer or the underwear layer.  The underwear layer worked well if you wanted the shirt tucked in.  Also like Cris said,  you can use the jacket layer to get a bit more length than shirt layers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, momomoonusagi said:

I bought the Erin head from their new collection, and I may go back and get Nova just cause it's on sale.  >< just have them ready in case my skin maker I'm using decides to suddenly make for one of those two heads. But the new Lelutka heads are the best. ♡ 

And BOM isn't hard. I was a little intimidated by it myself. But the process is simply removing the alpha layer and attaching all the system layer stuff like attachments, and wa la!

For this picture, tho, I was testing BOM for the first time and was pleasantly surprised when I learned I could use appliers with BOM? I didn't know that was a thing--but the tats are applied using Belleza appliers and their locations semi coordinated with the Belleza body HUD. The skin, body blemishes, and chest hole thing are all BOM.

Unfortunately I'm still using all appliers for my Genus even tho BOM was released for it. >< just got to wait for Pepe to make that head skin BOM. ._.

I found it SO confusing!

Which Lelutka alpha are you supposed to wear instead? I fiddled with my Nova for at least 1/2 hour (probably way more) before I finally got the darn thing to work. Made me insane. 

I wish they labeled those alphas a bit better, they all sound exactly the same to me. 

Anyway, I bought the YS&YS Skylar applier, I always liked their skins and it does not disappoint. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

New Lelutka Evolution head, Nova. On sale for 2 weeks only for $3700L

I demo'd it on Neph, but I couldn't deal with the lips. Otherwise it was a nice head.

• Like 1

A new figure drawing. This one is a (simulated) ink wash.

I think that this one is probably alright to show here: everything is more or less well-hidden.

(I know that these are probably not very interesting to many people, but I'm enjoying making them!)

1116505860_Life-Drawing2-Blank.thumb.png.a9f24bb681bee8a9a6835ca4304bc44b.png

• Like 26

20 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Tarot Project - The Magician. He stands in a meadow at an altar with the tools of his trade; a pentagram (earth), a chalice (water), a sword (air) and a wand (fire). He represents skill and mastery over the elements. His pose, with right hand pointing to heaven and left hand towards earth, indicates that he bridges the gap between the two.

200107_004.jpg.49e898c46f8fbd7c90a8e952074611ae.jpg

I did one a few years ago, not all the major but my favorite. I could not find the full image, but this is partial.

2 of swords pose.png

• Like 19

10 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I found it SO confusing!

Which Lelutka alpha are you supposed to wear instead? I fiddled with my Nova for at least 1/2 hour (probably way more) before I finally got the darn thing to work. Made me insane. 

I wish they labeled those alphas a bit better, they all sound exactly the same to me. 

Anyway, I bought the YS&YS Skylar applier, I always liked their skins and it does not disappoint. 

Liking in solidarity! I bought both heads and it took me so long to figure out alphas and BOM and tweak the shapes that I was out of time to do anything else. But I definitely see the appeal of BOM. I chose the alpha for just body since I haven’t made the body switch yet. I also found a eyes only alpha from some old eyes so that I could wear mesh eyes.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

When I used to get those lines it was because my graphics card was complaining. Usually it was because I was trying to shoot at a large format, say, 4000 x 4000. I'm not a techno wiz, and can't explain the whys and wherefores, but for me it was because I was pushing the limits of my system. They stopped when I backed down the demands, by taking smaller photos and/or less bells and whistles. They also stopped when I got a new graphics card. :)

thanks @Seicher Rae this is exactly the problem...
I cannot take shot larger more than 2300x2300.. so your 4000x4000 for me is like a dream 😉

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I found it SO confusing!

I was a bit confused at first, but then I realized if it said something like:

'Head/BOMeyes,body'

it meant it was an alpha for the head only and the eyes and body were what you were going to target for BOM.

So, whatever comes after the placement of 'BOM' in the alpha description is what part of the body will not be hidden by the alpha, since you have to keep whatever part you're applying BOM to alpha-free. (Unless I...got that backwards. Bp)

As for the rest of how the head works in relation to BOM and appliers, I found this to be particularly useful:

https://lelutkasl.com/evolution-line-female-head/

Though I'm not an expert in the head by any means, or BOM for that matter, I'd still be happy to try and help people out if they have any questions or just need to vent, so feel free to reach out to me in world if you catch me on. ♡

Edited by momomoonusagi
  • Like 3