How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

6 hours ago, momomoonusagi said:

1.7.20 | A modern Lilith...(2)

BOM is amazing. >_<

Love!! ❤️

For some reason BOM is so intimidating to me. I need to make the switch for the new LeLutka heads because they don’t use appliers on the makeup layers. Please tell me it’s easy! LOL 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

Love!! ❤️

For some reason BOM is so intimidating to me. I need to make the switch for the new LeLutka heads because they don’t use appliers on the makeup layers. Please tell me it’s easy! LOL 

I bought the Erin head from their new collection, and I may go back and get Nova just cause it's on sale.  >< just have them ready in case my skin maker I'm using decides to suddenly make for one of those two heads. But the new Lelutka heads are the best. ♡ 

And BOM isn't hard. I was a little intimidated by it myself. But the process is simply removing the alpha layer and attaching all the system layer stuff like attachments, and wa la!

For this picture, tho, I was testing BOM for the first time and was pleasantly surprised when I learned I could use appliers with BOM? I didn't know that was a thing--but the tats are applied using Belleza appliers and their locations semi coordinated with the Belleza body HUD. The skin, body blemishes, and chest hole thing are all BOM.

Unfortunately I'm still using all appliers for my Genus even tho BOM was released for it. >< just got to wait for Pepe to make that head skin BOM. ._.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

Love!! ❤️

If you can dress a classic avatar, you can do BOM. At the basic level it is the same. However, there is the the ability to use materials, via appliers, with BoM.

You can dress your classic avatar, get it looking right, then put on a BOM body and it should look right.

There are the complications from how body and head makers are building their products. Some modify their non-BOM products to use BOM without any other change. All that changes is the skin texture/diffuse layer uses system layers. The designer's body can skill have a skin, tat, underware, and clothes layers. But, only the skin layer is affected by BOM. All the other onion skin layers can work the same, including alpha cuts.

Others, like Slink, make a completely new body removing the tat, underware, and clothes onion skins. This removes alpha cuts and other typical mesh body features. But, it cuts the ACI and script load, at least, in half. Plus reducing the texture and script weight of the HUDs. All while giving you more control. Meaning you or the designer can make custom alpha layers unlimited by the idea of alpha cuts. If you don't consider materials, which Slink deals with, then using a BOM body is much simpler and Outfits work better.

How many times have you changed outfits and had the body's alpha cuts mess up requiring you to undress then toggle or reset the cuts then re-dress? Never happen with a no-onion-skin BOM body.

Materials require either an onion skin body or appliers or a HUD made for the body.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I need to meditate, what better than Tai Chi...

I don't understand why there is that strange line on the sky 😐

thai_1.jpg

When I used to get those lines it was because my graphics card was complaining. Usually it was because I was trying to shoot at a large format, say, 4000 x 4000. I'm not a techno wiz, and can't explain the whys and wherefores, but for me it was because I was pushing the limits of my system. They stopped when I backed down the demands, by taking smaller photos and/or less bells and whistles. They also stopped when I got a new graphics card. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I don't understand why there is that strange line on the sky 😐

If you're using the Firestorm viewer, one of the most recent updates (I think the one that allowed viewing bakes on mesh) had a known bug that caused these lines. 

I get them often, personally. It's not so bad when I'm not doing close ups of things, certain angles (most similar to the ones in your awesome pics), and with certain windlights.

Sometimes I can control them a little playing with various shadow settings before I take my pics, but it's always situational and not something that always works.

I've heard some people have rolled their Firestorm viewer back to an older version and it eliminates them. Supposedly it's an issue being worked out tho.

If you have the patience for it, Black Dragon viewer is amazing for photos. Lots of fun things you can do in it and there's never been an instance, for me at least, where I've had the weirdo lines.

Edited by momomoonusagi
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I am going all in on BoM now, and I just tried on the first shirt I ever made in SL. It worked, but it is now a belly shirt for some reason lol.

604907.jpg

Didn't the old system shirts, to be long, have to be both a shirt and a bottom?

• Like 3