How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 12.14.00 AM copy.jpg

Seriously.... I'm not really wearing this outfit on NYE...probably the black gown, but who knows... still no date. Oh well. All is good, however I did want to take this minute to thank each and everyone of you who posts to the thread and regularly contributes through your posts "like" and comments! A serious heart filled thanks to you all and I'm sending you guys love, xoxoxo and hugs 😘!!!! You guys are my extended family and I love being apart of this community, and I promise to continue to work really hard (between my rl job) to keep it fresh, learn from you guys and mentor the newbies! Let's stay posting all year so we will have yet another New Years to celebrate next year. Happy 2020...

ALSO ...A Happy new decade 2020-2029 starts and may we all start to get our act together and clean up our messy Planet before its' too late! 10 years and counting. However, I will confess (and you may not have heard) that we have a big problem in the US... so 68 million of us are working very hard to get a huge Douche out of office as soon as possible. (sorry if that got a bit political, but the lord spoke to me, Sara, personally this morning... she interrupted my Pumpkin Spice Latte and scared the Sh@% out of me... then she was like "Latte's for the house and made-up for the freak-out and Starbucks got back to normal....anyway, I digress, then, after the pleasantries and Latte's, she personally asked me to mention those things here)

Passive aggressive slander accomplished! YAY! (I think it's why I kinda look annoyed in the photo)

Happy New Year ;)

~Sara

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 28

11 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Seeker Rae out in the wilds of SL, trying to blow up my graphics card by taking with full shadows, dancing at a busy club (which you can't fully appreciate in this). Hopefully my pet snake won't get too lethargic in the cold...

122919 paintspatter SR at Alt_001.jpg

"Would I be working in a place like this if I could afford a real snake?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

My first post here 😨

191230_001.thumb.jpg.1470a0b7eb5c307be2d0cd13ba913fe7.jpg

Those are men's boots (Warrior by Adixxion); couldn't find anything tough-and-stompy enough in Belleza fit, and regular women's boots don't come even close to fitting me. The woes of being plus sized in SL are the same as being plus sized in RL...

Edited by Tamanni
  • Like 24

4 hours ago, Tamanni said:

My first post here 😨

Those are men's boots (Warrior by Adixxion); couldn't find anything tough-and-stompy enough in Belleza fit, and regular women's boots don't come even close to fitting me. The woes of being plus sized in SL are the same as being plus sized in RL...

Kinda love your look! Especially the tough-and-stompy boots.

Please continue to post pictures so that I can shamelessly steal ideas from them!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yay, somebody else who likes playing with ambient occlusion! I love the grainy effects it gives. Such a good example here. :)

My dad, to this day, still loves and prefers film, though it's getting harder to acquire. I look at older movies and photos and there is film grain in them. I think it just looks more natural, digital pictures always feel too sterile to me. :)

• Like 3

Bastard Rain

Yes, it's raining again. Liquid missiles
Hurl themselves reckless at me from above,
Invading cloth and infiltrating hair,
Clinging to inconvenient flesh that
(Thank god) is at least mostly water-proof.
Sodden and miserable, I trudge onward.

Bastard rain. Imprecations are wasted:
They don't care, these droplets. They really don't.
I'm just in their way, a trifling impediment
To their headlong flight from too high up.
Hard rain, red rain, have you ever seen the ...
Well, yes, yes I have. You'll find it in my boots.

A god damned metaphor for everything,
Isn't it? Pathetic fall-acy of water,
Fall-back of the despairing lyricist,
A moody texture for the otherwise
Undistinguished canvas dripping forlorn
Down the walls of a thousand arid galleries.

It means not a bloody thing, except that
I'm colder and soggy and pissed, and I
Should have taken more heed of the divine
Auguries and maybe worn a different coat.
I turn my collar up and head down, kicking
Sullen pools pointlessly from my path.

Then I look up.
                           The rain is falling, and for
The briefest head-spinning moment, so am I,
Slashing the wounded air in heedless hurtle,
Dizzying swan dive effortless down, forever
Falling, neither knowing nor caring:
Clear, cold, uncomprehending,

Beautiful.

Bastard-Rain-Blank.thumb.png.879c7cd9f74429c28a8e9515cf310ba5.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 30

9 hours ago, Tamanni said:

My first post here 😨

Welcome!

Please continue to post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1