Jump to content
Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Recommended Posts

"L'être qui ne vient pas souvent à Paris ne sera jamais complètement élégant." (Honoré de Balzac)

Comme je suis très élégante, je visite Paris aussi souvent que possible.

I was given an absolutely lovely Edwardian winter jacket and dress by @LittleMe Jewell, so I naturally had to celebrate by whipping across the channel for a brief sojourn on Ile Saint-Louis! Thank you, Lil; it's really wonderful!

Paris-in-Winter-Blank.thumb.png.6084bda97022471941526552e0d554ac.png

 

 

  • Like 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two days of cooking, washing up, entertaining and putting up with awful television, that's Christmas done for another year. Time to retreat to my private cellar for a secret tipple 🍷

Tipple Time.jpg

  • Like 19
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, I did sneak one or two in earlier at my friend's houseboat, but who is counting? 😁

sneaky.jpg

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"L'être qui ne vient pas souvent à Paris ne sera jamais complètement élégant." (Honoré de Balzac)

Comme je suis très élégante, je visite Paris aussi souvent que possible.

I was given an absolutely lovely Edwardian winter jacket and dress by @LittleMe Jewell, so I naturally had to celebrate by whipping across the channel for a brief sojourn on Ile Saint-Louis! Thank you, Lil; it's really wonderful!

Paris-in-Winter-Blank.thumb.png.6084bda97022471941526552e0d554ac.png

 

 

I absolutely love your pictures, I lurked for a long time before I had the bravery to post something, you get the atmosphere, ambience, sometimes you look like a real girl .. human likeness non animatiion - ( panto reference). Your photos are always amazing.

Edited by Evarne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Evarne said:

I absolutely love your pictures, I lurked for a long time before I had the bravery to post something, you get the atmosphere, ambience, sometimes you look like a real girl .. human likeness non animatiion - ( panto reference).

Evarne, what an absolutely lovely thing to say! Thank you so much!

I'm so glad you are posting now, and not just lurking!! Your pictures are lovely: I was actually going to ask you how you managed to get such a nice crispness to your shots: it's especially evident in the second one? What viewer are you using?

Oh, and save some tipple for me, please! I do enjoy Christmas, but it also feels so wonderful when it's over, no?

(PS. Did you get to a panto for Christmas this year? There's one playing where I am now, as there is every year at this time, but I haven't been in years!)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if you fall in love with a gown that doesn't fit because you have a different body? 
I wear a slink physique and I found this wonderful dress, unfortunately is custom for maitreya but is so gorgeous.. I've try hiding piece of body with alpha but isn't enough. 

Here seems perfect just because I used ps, I need to figured out how  can I fix this.
Any suggestion? 

(Except buy an other body :P )

 

Thank you in advance...
 

gaga.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

What if you fall in love with a gown that doesn't fit because you have a different body? 
I wear a slink physique and I found this wonderful dress, unfortunately is custom for maitreya but is so gorgeous.. I've try hiding piece of body with alpha but isn't enough. 

Here seems perfect just because I used ps, I need to figured out how  can I fix this.
Any suggestion? 

(Except buy an other body :P )

Well, let me begin by saying that, speaking as a Physique wearer myself, I feel your pain. As I am sure I don't need to tell you, it's getting harder and harder to find new clothes for Physique, a development paralleled by the pernicious increase in clothing made "Exclusively for Maitreya."

I find that I can often wear clothes fitted for Maitreya, such as jeans and sweaters, but the chief problems are almost always at the back, between and around the shoulder blades: if there is anything that is even the slightest bit finicky happening there, it become impossible to alpha out the offending bits of mesh body.

I don't think there's an easy solution available now, but when Maitreya finally comes out with its BOM-compliant body, makers of clothing for Lara will have to start including alpha layers with their garments. And those alpha layers should, in theory, work on the Physique Redux BOM-compliant body. The other option, in the meantime, and assuming you've updated to the Redux version, is to make your own alpha: the Redux update includes, I think, some directions on how to do that.

If you're not using Redux, however, or if there is no alpha layer included (which nowadays is usually the case) or you're unwilling to undertake the annoyance and time involved in making your own, you're probably out of luck.

<rant>It's a little astonishing to me that new clothing, for Maitreya or any other body, is not now being issued with alpha layers, given that BOM is now enabled in (I think) all viewers. Presumably the new BOM-compliant Lara body, when it arrives, will need these, just as the Slink Redux bodies do, and anything you own for Maitreya that does not include these will potentially become problematic because you won't be able to use alpha slices on the body HUD anymore. (At least, that's the theory: we'll see what Maitreya does with BOM). Basically, I'm not buying new clothes that don't come with alpha layers anymore: it's like planned obsolescence because, eventually, BOM will become the standard across all bodies.

My other issue, upon which I've expanded before, is with regard to how stupid it is for clothing makers to assist Maitreya in cornering the market on women's mesh bodies by not making versions for other bodies. In so doing, they are slowly but surely killing off the competition, and ensuring that Maitreya's already tight stranglehold over both consumers and clothing makers is strengthened. And that's not good for anyone, except Maitreya. I have started to basically boycott clothing creators who do this. I'm not sure why they do it -- do they have a special deal with Maitreya? Is Maitreya demanding this in return for access to the Lara development kit? -- but it's self-defeating, and bad for the grid. </rant>

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...