Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

42 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

*coughs*

Soooo . . . Salty's dress in this pic? Where is it from???

(Not that I'd ever have the nerve to wear something that tight in public, of course, being an enormously modest and self-effacing woman . . . My interest is purely academic. Yes, that's it: academic. *coughs again*)

Hey Presto, and you're not the first to bag one of these........two others (no names) have also done so. I have this dress and I love it.....and it has a massive colour hud........

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Absolut-Vendetta-Alina-Dress-LATEXMAITREYA/8482603

Edited by BelindaN
Spelling
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Hey Presto, and you're not the first to bag one of these........two others (no names) have also done so. I have this dress and I love it.....and it has a massive colour hud........

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Absolut-Vendetta-Alina-Dress-LATEXMAITREYA/8482603

*sigh*

For Maitreya only . . .

In fairness, it's actually pretty rare that something I want isn't available for Slink.

Damn, though.

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

*sigh*

For Maitreya only . . .

In fairness, it's actually pretty rare that something I want isn't available for Slink.

Damn, though.

But there is a way............. ;)

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

But there is a way............. ;)

You mean, buying a Maitreya body? (And new appliers, and, and?)

Yeah. And my understanding is that Lara is pretty comparable to Slink Physique, which is what I have now.  But I think it's probably more time, effort, and money than is really justified by the chance to wear a pretty small selection of things not currently available for Slink.

And . . . I do actually have a couple of items that I wear that were made for Maitreya. Fitting them on to Slink requires a bit of fudging -- and it wouldn't work with something as form-fitting as this dress -- but occasionally, I can cheat . . .

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo! Damn you, autocorrect!
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Vihmakass said:

Found some nice short hair, first felt awkward, now I get used already.

Limping Mill _ 0020.png

That hair is something that might suit me. Would you mind revealing where it comes from?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That hair is something that might suit me. Would you mind revealing where it comes from?

I'm going to guess Dura, maybe? They certainly have a large selection of nice short styles that are like this.

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm going to guess Dura, maybe? They certainly have a large selection of nice short styles that are like this.

My current hair is Dura 23, from their "Boy&Girls" collection. It's made from 255 sculpties (the max in a linkset) and has an ARC near 100K, as I recall.

I haven't visited their store in years, and it'll be the first place I stop if I ever decide to update my look. I have a lot of androgynous clothing I got in one fell swoop when Phoenix Rising went out of business many years ago. I don't look forward to finding that same look in mesh, and that's a major holdup in converting. I hate shopping in SL as much as I hate it in RL, unless I'm at Home Depot (which is the edit window in SL).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

Salty's new party dress, from Blueberry today......... :)

She's pleased with it!

Secondlife04.jpg

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My current hair is Dura 23, from their "Boy&Girls" collection. It's made from 255 sculpties (the max in a linkset) and has an ARC near 100K, as I recall.

I haven't visited their store in years, and it'll be the first place I stop if I ever decide to update my look. I have a lot of androgynous clothing I got in one fell swoop when Phoenix Rising went out of business many years ago. I don't look forward to finding that same look in mesh, and that's a major holdup in converting. I hate shopping in SL as much as I hate it in RL, unless I'm at Home Depot (which is the edit window in SL).

Indeed. When I converted to mesh (and hair was one of the first things I changed over), I spent a great deal of time trying to find mesh versions of my favourite flexi or sculptie hair. The search did not go well.

Eventually, I gave up, and just started buying whatever looked good. I'm a much happier hair shopper (and wearer) now.

(I tend to like shorter hair: Dura should be a go-to for me. For some reason, however, I've had problems finding things I really like there. Go figure.)

ETA:

38 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I hate shopping in SL as much as I hate it in RL, unless I'm at Home Depot (which is the edit window in SL).

I've been getting back to a bit of building in SL recently. Just prims, nothing fancy, or big. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes it is Dura :D / Dura B&G 84 fatpack C / . 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Salty's new party dress, from Blueberry today......... :)

She's pleased with it!

Secondlife04.jpg

I have it in black and I love it but am pretty sure I was asked to leave Franks because it was too revealing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've seen a lot of suits that I would have gotten for you in a heartbeat if you were mesh and if you didn't set me on fire. =~.^= or maybe if you did...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I have it in black and I love it but am pretty sure I was asked to leave Franks because it was too revealing. 

Yep it's banned from Franks. Quite the controversy when that dress was released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Yep it's banned from Franks. Quite the controversy when that dress was released.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.......

29 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I've seen a lot of suits that I would have gotten for you in a heartbeat if you were mesh and if you didn't set me on fire. =~.^= or maybe if you did...

Thank you for the thought, Clover. I'd also need to be in-world enough to justify making changes. If I ever get started, I'll ring you up.

...sets you on fire, shoves you off a balcony, and then pushes your smoldering carcass into a canal with her tractor.

• Like 2

Snapshot_852.thumb.jpg.c794dce4d02ae4e6162c0a4cad75e0a2.jpg

... but grey is okey (or "gray is okay" if you are on that side of the pond :P  )

Edited by Angelina String
Uploaded wrong version of photo :(
  • Like 18

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If I ever get started, I'll ring you up.

*throws hand up and jumps up and down in her seat*

OH OH!! CAN I GO SHOPPING WITH YOU??????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

*throws hand up and jumps up and down in her seat*

OH OH!! CAN I GO SHOPPING WITH YOU??????

...shoves you and your seat into the canal with Clover.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Yep it's banned from [redacted]. Quite the controversy when that dress was released.

Seriously? Yeesh.

Well, there's another item to add to my already voluminous list of reasons not to give [unnamed club] my patronage.

• Like 1