How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Snapshot_020.thumb.png.15d6843e83dd6fb997debd0fa7c8e678.png

Tweaked the facial features somemore. and finally got something that fits the AVI(L) HUD Master: Skin Tone Pale Asian Osaka with Face - R4.4 better

Hairstyle is the [^.^Ayashi^.^] Kauna hair.  I'm using the male version, as the female version is more suited to girls with breasts, which I doesn't haz. So the male version works better on me

Edited by MiakisTheUsagi
added words
  • Like 21

12 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

It's not about pictures only but staying on topic so as not to get the thread closed. Lengthy back and forth conversations not about avatar looks could push us over the precipice we might be dangerously close to. Moderation starts with the poster. *rolls the eyes back across the floor*

That was the point I was attempting to make, however I obviously didn't communicate it very well. Thanks for the clarity! ;) 

* head exploding from the massive amount of eye rolling! 🤯 LOL

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 10.09.49 AM.png

BelindaN and I at the Lutz!

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 18

45 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I did a mini-project shoot as part of my own development as a photographer, and eventually posted the results to Flickr; so here's the five pics, in one post so I don't spam the thread too much :)

The Wasteland Streets (5 of 5)

Gorgeous, Ayela! I especially love the last one! Your hair especially accents the colours!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I did a mini-project shoot as part of my own development as a photographer, and eventually posted the results to Flickr; so here's the five pics, in one post so I don't spam the thread too much :)

Great photoshoot!!! Love it! :)

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's me trying out Orwar's light thingy, along with one of my own for pink accents, oh and a new hair from Wasabi at the very dangerous new hair fair called Salon 52. Otherwise unedited except for cropping. Nice instructions Orwar, well worth the sticker price.

saga-1105.jpg

• Like 19

I made a visit to 18th century St. Petersburg in SL (it's a City in Russia, <--for those who didn't know).
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Burning Embers/156/122/3313

The gown what I'm wearing is free at the landing point.
It's flexi dress, it has Omega appliers for underwear as well as underwear for system bodies. ARC is only 83705 what I'm wearing in the snapshot. 🙂
There's also visitor tag at landing point which should be worn while visiting the place.

2019-01-15_StPetersburg-1.thumb.jpg.32f3557350cbef48c364b4d0c1d3a7fa.jpg

2019-01-15_StPetersburg-2.thumb.jpg.bb68403652bbabf339002e5b49dad2aa.jpg

• Like 21

Snapshot_078.thumb.png.1d5e833daa81498a132da7db2e3f2cdf.png

And live from the Stealthic* store - I found they have an add on for bangs. Impromptu Rockabilly 'we can do it' shot.

Only downside of it is I had to turn off my upper eyelashes. Right-clicking everything didn't fix it - anyone got any tricks for eyelashes fluffing with hair alphas? ( @Skell Dagger maybe?)

Edited by Orwar
Got the wrong store name!
  • Like 18

7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Only downside of it is I had to turn off my upper eyelashes. Right-clicking everything didn't fix it - anyone got any tricks for eyelashes fluffing with hair alphas? ( @Skell Dagger maybe?)

If it's causing issues with the hair itself there's not a lot you can do, except for setting the lashes to Mask mode (which usually makes them look spidery and Not Nice). Sadly, that's the good old SL alpha glitch.

If the hair is straight and fairly sleek (and editable) - which that one is not - then you can edit the alpha blend/mask settings on the hair, as per this video. It doesn't work well with feathery hair like the one Neph is wearing, though.

Addendum: also, if the hair has a materials setting option that can often clear the issue (in your viewer anyway; anyone not using Advanced Lighting will still see the alpha glitch). But then, materials can make the hair look over-shiny, depending on how subtle a hand the creator has wielded with it.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

If it's causing issues with the hair itself there's not a lot you can do, except for setting the lashes to Mask mode (which usually makes them look spidery and Not Nice). Sadly, that's the good old SL alpha glitch.

If the hair is straight and fairly sleek (and editable) - which that one is not - then you can edit the alpha blend/mask settings on the hair, as per this video. It doesn't work well with feathery hair like the one Neph is wearing, though.

Ah, I did try the lashes in Mask mode - and yeah, those spidery lumps were not appealing. I suppose I'll just have to be lash-less whilst wearing this one for now, then! 

• Like 1

I'm used to bits of me being frozen in my viewer during the logout process (usually just appliers and hair), but tonight it looked rather cool, so I grabbed a quick print screen:

1480183355_applierlogoutfun.png.09bb682d6634c2474255b64cf2e4e1a3.png

Addendum: Now that I think of it, I have a full-body anatomy tattoo. I wonder what that looks like during logout? Must try that sometime. (I may have discovered a new art form - lol!)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 18