How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Lil started out SLife as an alt, rezzing about 3.5 months after the original main.  Lil quickly stole the throne and delegated the original to the Alt-Life, seldom ever letting her even log in.  I've created a few other alts over the years, to donate tier to the land group, but they don't have a life of their own either.  I did manage to get my original account and the other alts all free mesh bodies, but they still have almost no clothing and never really get to log in for any reason other than to give me their L$ or to help me test permissions and misc group / land options.  I'm such a tyrant.

Yeah. I don't think I have the right kind of mind for active alts. I've only ever had two.

There was Richard Parkes, about whom probably the less said, the better: he was a one-purpose alt who spent very little time in-world (just for the occasional photo).

Laskya, on the other hand, had a much more substantial existence, with her own friends, and actually a much stronger and higher-profile social media presence that Scylla has: one of her blog posts was even briefly discussed and cited in a scholarly book published last year (yeah, you could have knocked me over with a feather: I can't get cited in RL!). But she was in every essential "me," Scylla by another name, and, although I have a sentimental attachment to her (and feel weirdly "bad" that she's not active again), there isn't a whole lot of real point in getting her up and running again (except perhaps on social media).

I'm sort of a one-avi girl, I guess?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Angelina String said:

For some reason I would have guessed your alt’s name to be Charybdis ;) 

(Just as a word play - not at all indicative of either personality or looks!)

Well, that would have been the clever thing. But, of course, it would also have immediately identified her with me, and, initially anyway, I wanted her to be "anonymous."

I needn't have bothered: within a couple of hours, I think, of posting on the forum, there were people saying things like "Hey, you sound a lot like . . ." Because apparently I'm utterly incapable of disguising my voice.

It maybe didn't help that "Laskya" is an almost-anagram for "Scylla" (although in the latter, I pronounce the "c" as an "s" rather than as a "k"), which was something that didn't even occur to me until much later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

So I went to Sweet Thing on my alt..

And new hooves, horns, hands. wings and tail later..

Succubus_001.thumb.png.1d45f9b86a2b5262790d18d8e0237b4a.png

Magnificent. (And adorably sexy!)

It's kind of ridiculous that I've never tried a non-human form in SL. Maybe I'll make that a February project!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. I don't think I have the right kind of mind for active alts. I've only ever had two.

There was Richard Parkes, about whom probably the less said, the better: he was a one-purpose alt who spent very little time in-world (just for the occasional photo).

You misspelled "Richard Parker"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Walks past and glances over .. Yep, still too much yippy-yapping in this thread.

Maybe next time.

Snapshot_014s.thumb.png.dd4931a0f3f20875915cb906dc5542c6.png

Thanks to those of you keeping this thread about how your avatar looks =~.^=

@Clover Jinx and @Candice LittleBoots

I tend to agree ...doesn’t it seem to that there are fewer avatar pictures being posted lately, then back only a few months ago...? Just sayin

Edited by Saravendi
edited.... after some sleep 😴
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

MORE pictures of your avatars please!  LESS quotes upon quotes of quotes! AND please keep the public dialogue directed for towards the enjoyment of our all our 80+ followers and contributors.

No one ever said this or any other thread is a pictures-only place. Anyone is welcome to start their own thread and specify that they want it to be pictures-only if they so choose. ~rolls eyes~ ~hard~

Anyway - so these are my JOMO looks:

Jomo Werewolf 1 copy

Jomo Werewolf 2 copyJomo Dragon 1 copy

And here's my Dragon without picture-processing so you can see the actual look :)

Jomo Dragon 2 copy

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 17
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Anyway - so these are my JOMO looks:

Jomo Dragon 1 copy

And here's my Dragon without picture-processing so you can see the actual look :)

These are pretty wonderful looking!

In the day, when I was a young kid kicking around on the streets, word was that you went to Grendel's Children for this sort of avi.

Were I interested in a complete non-human avatar, any suggestions as to where I might look for the best quality?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

word was that you went to Grendel's Children

OMG! LOL I think I still have a dozen from Grendal's Children. :D now I'll have to dig through the deep, dark, scary depths of old inventory to find them!

As for non-human - there is Fury, Robot (I have a couple of those, too) and everything else. JOMO makes awesome Lions, Wolves, Dragons and so on (as you may have seen here_ - then there are the actual animal Avatars - like a Deer, Horse, Dog, Wolf and so on - actual animals. I long peruse through Market Place can be fascinating (I usually sort by Newest-First) - I also have a full-size dragon - because when role-playing a dragon you often have your "human-size" form and your "actual form", right? :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Elysium and/or Lutz September 2017

Her Girl Power

and this weekend

Her Moonlight Sonata

It's not about pictures only but staying on topic so as not to get the thread closed. Lengthy back and forth conversations not about avatar looks could push us over the precipice we might be dangerously close to. Moderation starts with the poster. *rolls the eyes back across the floor*

• Like 21