How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I had to do an upload test, which required a 2048 x 2048 image - so I drew this self-portrait...

1496749987_SLULTest.thumb.png.7e28c347c1c99fa91b62c75b3cef714f.png

As you can see, I haven't slept very well lately. 

The likeness is uncanny. You should do this professionally!  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Catrie said:

@Orwar made an attachable light box, and I use that thing often now, especially when I go to places I can't rez at. 

That'd be the SOL - Professional Photographers' Ambulatory Lighting Apparatus, by [Furlgrimr]. *nods proudly*

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

The likeness is uncanny. You should do this professionally!  :D

I am - a limited edition print of that can be yours for only L$666! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Catrie said:

Thanks. 😁 @Orwar made an attachable light box, and I use that thing often now, especially when I go to places I can't rez at.  It was that with the Phototools - No Light windlight.  It was pretty much a happy accident. lol 

(Well, that's very odd -- Orwar has never offered to make me an attachable light box. He must have just forgotten . . .

/me glares sullenly)

Yeah, the projector thing is handy! I really liked the way you lit up the grass unevenly: it reminded me of summer nights exploring brush with a flashlight. Happy accident or not, it looks great!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(Well, that's very odd -- Orwar has never offered to make me an attachable light box. He must have just forgotten . . . 

/me glares sullenly) 

oh, he didn't offer to make me an attachable light box. lol  He made one and I bought it ( it's on his MP).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I had to do an upload test, which required a 2048 x 2048 image - so I drew this self-portrait...

1496749987_SLULTest.thumb.png.7e28c347c1c99fa91b62c75b3cef714f.png

As you can see, I haven't slept very well lately. 

You draw very well for someone with no sleep.

Meanwhile, I went to the Bakaboo in world store.

Untitled

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, I love this, especially the lighting! (Also what you're wearing.) Where is this????

Thanks!   I was in a funk, so wanted to find someplace dark.  Taking pictures there actually lifted my mood :)  

The location is called Everwinter and it is at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elven Mist/242/122/27

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Thanks!   I was in a funk, so wanted to find someplace dark.  Taking pictures there actually lifted my mood :)  

The location is called Everwinter and it is at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elven Mist/242/122/27

Yeah, that works for me sometimes, too! Sorry to hear you were feeling down, though.

I did a pic a little like this (in a not-as-interesting place) a few months ago, and totally messed up the lighting. But you got it exactly right here: it's a beautiful warm glow on your avi.

Thanks! I'll check this place out!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

576666301_20190111EverwinteratElvenMist_003.thumb.png.4679d873a2ac9a80175ac0cc604c526e.png

I love Everwinter. First thing that popped in mind when I saw the pic was 'Ooh, is that Everwinter?' - I've done a few shots there over the years, alas I haven't visited lately. As much as I love such places, they aren't very kind to one's VRAM. Also, it took me a while to realize that one could get rez rights through joining the group - luckily I no longer need rez rights to light up my shots (totally, shamelessly brings up my photo apparatus for the second time in this thread today - I blame @Catrie for bringing it up first!).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I love Everwinter. First thing that popped in mind when I saw the pic was 'Ooh, is that Everwinter?' - I've done a few shots there over the years, alas I haven't visited lately. As much as I love such places, they aren't very kind to one's VRAM. Also, it took me a while to realize that one could get rez rights through joining the group - luckily I no longer need rez rights to light up my shots (totally, shamelessly brings up my photo apparatus for the second time in this thread today - I blame @Catrie for bringing it up first!).

A little laggy, is it?

This is great, and really useful. I have not done nearly enough work scouting out places (and two of the places I did have have recently poofed -- one of them is now a maternity clinic).

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A little laggy, is it?

Yes, unfortunately an effect of having a lot of high-poly mesh objects along with a butt load of different textures - most coming in 1024 x 1024 'just because' - can make the loading experience and general FPS quite atrocious. Add a bunch of scripts to every other item and you've got yourself a region that'll swat you with the good old rubber band... And not in a fun way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

shamelessly brings up my photo apparatus for the second time in this thread today - I blame @Catrie for bringing it up first!).

totally not my fault!!  I was mentioning how I got the shot!!  okay, I'll totally take the blame for it. lol 

• Like 2