How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

6 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

the B&W works well for this picture (or is it this picture works well with B&W)

Yes, I agree! It's funny how that works: the colours and much of the composition in my first short are the same as in this one, but I didn't like it in black and white. I'm tempted to say it has something to do with the facial expression and head position, which is the main difference (although there is a bit of a difference in the framing and angle as well).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, I agree! It's funny how that works: the colours and much of the composition in my first short are the same as in this one, but I didn't like it in black and white. I'm tempted to say it has something to do with the facial expression and head position, which is the main difference (although there is a bit of a difference in the framing and angle as well).

I think, for me, it's the facial expression and head position that catch my attention in this version, whereas in the earlier one, I think the poster with it's vivid colors was drawing my eyes away from the person.

• Like 2

So, tonight I dropped by the Avatar Your Heart Out Gallery to check out Clover's photo on display there.

It's a very nice gallery, and there were some great pics there: I got a few good ideas. Anyone in this thread is going to find it a worthwhile visit, I think.

But I am honestly not resorting to mere flattery when I say that Clover's was far and away the most accomplished, interesting, and imaginative one on display. I love this pic.

Clover's-Picture - Blank.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

A few days ago I discovered a  new clothing maker on Flickr, Bakaboo. I highly recommend you all  check it out. Even the guys as they actually have more clothes for the guys than the girl, and while their brightly colored whimsical styles  might not be everyone's tastes, no one can deny they are unique. You will be seeing more of their things in my upcoming posts. This is the Falbala Dress.

Untitled

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

A few days ago I discovered a  new clothing maker on Flickr, Bakaboo. I highly recommend you all  check it out. Even the guys as they actually have more clothes for the guys than the girl, and while their brightly colored whimsical styles  might not be everyone's tastes, no one can deny they are unique. You will be seeing more of their things in my upcoming posts. This is the Falbala Dress.

Untitled

I love Bakaboo (and so does my male alt)! Their stuff is good enough to make me want to have a mesh avatar. :) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ginger Shostakovich said:

I love Bakaboo (and so does my male alt)! Their stuff is good enough to make me want to have a mesh avatar. :) 

and their men's clothing is enough to make you want to have a boyfriend.

• Haha 3

Quickie of my alt who got to splurge on FLF.

ObsFLF1_11_19.thumb.jpg.e27efe1a9de0bfc5cc90fbcc1a515d59.jpg

Dress & clutch ~ Plastik FLF (it's a pack of clothes and accessories all in black, lots of options!)

Boots ~ Empire FLF (fatpack of boots for 50L omg!)

Hair ~ KoKoLoReS VIP January group gift (the group might still be free to join for a limited time, they just moved)

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Talligurl said:

and their men's clothing is enough to make you want to have a boyfriend.

It'd have to be really, really good . . .

ETA: Just checked their MP page. Some really nice designs. But I'm not sure I can handle quite that much colour or general busy-ness.

Cool stuff, though: it's nice to see a place selling out-of-the-ordinary in SL!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Definitely unique.  Much of it is too 'busy' for me, but there are few items there that I might grab.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Untitled

In the thread "Worst Shopping Experience Ever" I said I spend like 10K L$ at the Linden Shopping event and mentioned a large chunk was with one little-known creator? THAT is the creator LOL. I think I bought one of every item he had (for women) at that event except one. :)

• Like 3

I had to do an upload test, which required a 2048 x 2048 image - so I drew this self-portrait...

1496749987_SLULTest.thumb.png.7e28c347c1c99fa91b62c75b3cef714f.png

As you can see, I haven't slept very well lately. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

On 1/10/2019 at 2:49 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I really love the lighting in this pic!

Thanks. 😁 @Orwar made an attachable light box, and I use that thing often now, especially when I go to places I can't rez at.  It was that with the Phototools - No Light windlight.  It was pretty much a happy accident. lol 

• Like 3