How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

4 minutes ago, Ginger Shostakovich said:

I've been going through my inventory of Ye Olde Stuff (and deleting about two thirds of it), and every now and again I find something that I want to keep. 
(dress: Last Call - Awards Show (2008), hair: EMO-tions Shari (2011), make-up: Grixdale Fiji (2011). Still pretty, I think.)

I'm pretty sure I bought almost everything in the store when Last Call closed - loved their dresses.

As you go through your old stuff, if you are thinking of ditching things specific to a system avatar (vs a mesh body), and if the texture of a piece of system clothing looks acceptable, toss it in a folder to save for trying when BOM comes.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

toss it in a folder to save for trying when BOM comes.  

Ah - that does remind me; I do have one inventory space-saving trick. All my textures have been backed up in prim storage, sorted into a few different ones. In-world snapshots, old non-material building textures (some that have the permissions, I could download and make my own bump- and shadow maps for if I ever want to use them). Whenever my textures folder gets messy, I just take a few moments to throw away adverts I've been sent, and sort the remaining stuff into the prims. You can stuff a whole lot of textures into one box and have it show up as a single inventory item!

I've done the same with a few other things as well, like when Kauna shut down and gave away all they had - seeing as nothing was rigged, the ability to wear it is very situational. I've got the entire store in one prim. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got pulled along on a shopping trip, last night ( which was NO hardship. lol )   Anyway, I ended up with a new hair that would work with some of my fantasy outfits.  yay!!!  Now,  I'm looking at possibly updating my skin, since I'm just using the default from the latest Lelutka HUD. lol  

LOTD 52.1.png

• Like 17

10 hours ago, Orwar said:

Eerily close, actually. 5,821. I've got some inventory sorting to do on her though so that may drop a little as a couple of notecards, landmarks and unpacked unpacking scripts (swears like a sailor) hits the bin.

That is just mean, what is the point of having a female alt if not to over indulge in the shopping area because you cannot in the male account (j/k) but still :P do better

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty sure I bought almost everything in the store when Last Call closed - loved their dresses.

As you go through your old stuff, if you are thinking of ditching things specific to a system avatar (vs a mesh body), and if the texture of a piece of system clothing looks acceptable, toss it in a folder to save for trying when BOM comes.  

Last Call was the stuff I got rid of, and Dazzle (older Last Call) I was desperate for time for testing products, I had to get into the beta viewer, I had no time to box, and so many pieces to items to throw it all in one would have been a disaster. I had to tell Whimsy after I made her sit down, she was furious at me, but now is gloating with Bom coming lol she has like 200K more items than me and yet is able to log into the beta, so was Baracuda suiting all over the place the other day. So inventory does not only seem to be the cause, they are keeping out the Aussies :P ok maybe not, because I did log in an alt to see, and she got in but she has no inventory so what is the point..sniffles

Edited by Sasy Scarborough
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

That is just mean, what is the point of having a female alt if not to over indulge in the shopping area because you cannot in the male account (j/k) but still :P do better

He's discovered hunts. lol  Though, he will go through and try everything on, then throw out what he doesn't like.  He knows the atheistic he's going for and tries to stay in that genre.  Unlike me, who buys stuff "because it's so pretty". lol   

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Catrie said:

He's discovered hunts. lol  Though, he will go through and try everything on, then throw out what he doesn't like.  He knows the atheistic he's going for and tries to stay in that genre.  Unlike me, who buys stuff "because it's so pretty". lol   

smart move, I remember when I used to actually take time to sort mine, so many methods, realising separating by type instead of designers was a bad move early on lol and so pretty is good, I tend to also buy because they made the effort to make it, Mel says I shop like I am tipping people for good work...sometimes I cannot help it, people in SL are incredibly talented ♥

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Angelina String said:

This one is Argrace Chizuru, now available with some improvement as Chizuru II...

Snapshot_004_cr.thumb.jpg.d04354e650421dfbf2584a1c2403da49.jpg

This is *ARGRACE* CHIZURU_II .  

I was sunk in the battle earlier tonight but I did take down two pirates first and my fleet won.

This is my low resource avie I use for sailing. system head and scripts removed from maitreya body.

My graphics are set low too.  I just couldn't resist swapping out my hair for the pic.

sunkbutvictorious.png

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

smart move, I remember when I used to actually take time to sort mine, so many methods, realising separating by type instead of designers was a bad move early on lol and so pretty is good, I tend to also buy because they made the effort to make it, Mel says I shop like I am tipping people for good work...sometimes I cannot help it, people in SL are incredibly talented ♥

He is soooo much more organized than I am.  I'm still finding stuff that I didn't know I had. lol  I've started organizing it, but it's a slow ( very slow) process. lol 

• Like 3

My 'mother' once teleported me to a platform above the family hangout. She had rezzed a TV, and we watched a couple of movies - after a while I asked what all the prims were, as she had a bunch of them standing around with letters and numbers on them. Apparently, that was her process of sorting, watch movies and just pop the stuff in prims for storage. Me, at the time, having something like 2,000 items, didn't see the point. Her pointing out that she had several times more shoes than my entire inventory space... Well. I was so traumatized by the experience that I've ran a tight inventory ever since!

4 pairs is more than enough, for me! ... Although Neph does have quite a few more than that, already. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Orwar said:

My 'mother' once teleported me to a platform above the family hangout. She had rezzed a TV, and we watched a couple of movies - after a while I asked what all the prims were, as she had a bunch of them standing around with letters and numbers on them. Apparently, that was her process of sorting, watch movies and just pop the stuff in prims for storage. Me, at the time, having something like 2,000 items, didn't see the point. Her pointing out that she had several times more shoes than my entire inventory space... Well. I was so traumatized by the experience that I've ran a tight inventory ever since!

4 pairs is more than enough, for me! ... Although Neph does have quite a few more than that, already. 

I started my SL sorting on a roof too, and then almost got kicked off the sim having no idea that I had accidentally rezzed an earring that was 100 prims and left it there, it was back when you rezzed all items to unpack, which I still do, but it was so small i did not see it to know to clean it up. I was so mortified that I had done something wrong, but also really freaked out at how angry this sim owner got, but a hundred prims was like gold back then. Also yes double monitor for the win, play something on one sort on the other. My issue is I get really nostalgic, its like cleaning your bedroom as a teenage girl, you have to try all the hairstyles and do your make up and yeah where does the day go :P

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

I started my SL sorting on a roof too, and then almost got kicked off the sim having no idea that I had accidentally rezzed an earring that was 100 prims and left it there, it was back when you rezzed all items to unpack, which I still do, but it was so small i did not see it to know to clean it up. I was so mortified that I had done something wrong, but also really freaked out at how angry this sim owner got, but a hundred prims was like gold back then. Also yes double monitor for the win, play something on one sort on the other. My issue is I get really nostalgic, its like cleaning your bedroom as a teenage girl, you have to try all the hairstyles and do your make up and yeah where does the day go :P

Over the years I've had several renters do this but I never got mad at them.  They were funny stories to tell later.   There was one lady who would lose some piece of jewelry just about every week.  She'd IM me apologizing profusely.  I did explain how to take off jewelry without dropping it but she just clicked drop in the menu by mistake every now and then. 

• Like 4

Another new hairstyle. From tram, this one is whimsically entitled "H0531."

It's quite a bit like two or three other styles I own, but that's ok because each new one has been just a little bit cuter than the last, so that I figure, if I keep going this way, with another three or so hair purchases I will have achieved PEAK CUTENESS.

At which point, harmonic resonances from my ultra cute hair will probably cause the fabric of time/space to shatter, and the cosmos will implode destroying everything, but it will all have been worthwhile because for ONE MILLISECOND of the 15 billion year history of the universe I will have looked REALLY REALLY REALLY CUTE.

Sorry in advance for the mess, however.

Winter-Hair-Blank.png

• Like 15

14 hours ago, Orwar said:

Perfect Skin

New skin. New clothes. New hair. I'm spoiling her... And I'm thinking she's going to need some new makeup. 

Well, keep spoiling her please, for our sakes.

It's not a vibe I think I could ever carry off myself, but she looks absolutely fantastic. She's an inspiration, and you can tell her I said so!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2019 at 1:45 PM, Catrie said:

<.<  Added to my inventory.  Though,  I blame Lua's for having a half off sale, that ended yesterday ( but prices were still active early this morning, so I snuck in some last minute shopping. 😛  )

LOTD 51.1.png

I really love the lighting in this pic!

• Like 2