How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

This is the kind of lighting and shadow I was trying to achieve (unsuccessfully) earlier. One of the things I've discovered is that what appears on my screen in the viewer, and in the preview panel for snapshots, is not always exactly what the resulting png file looks like. In particular, I have to crank my Shadow Blur setting to about double the supposed "maximum" (i.e., 8 rather than 4) for it to really appear in the png file.

Is that usual? Is there something I need to set on my computer, or in my viewer, so that what appears on screen is reflected properly in the snapshot?

Moonlight-through-Leaded-Glass 1.png

• Like 18

18 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Found it here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/neve-coat-snow-nuetral/10675697

It was either this or the one with plaid collar ;)

Oh boy Angelina you really shouldn't have done that............. :)

Now I know about Neve............

Now I have to go through all their stuff.  I'm up to page 26 of 154 and spending too much money already.........

What really worries me is how many stores are still out there for  shoes, hair, dresses and so on that I know nothing about...........................

The Neve style is nice and restrained and some of the stuff is 'must have'. It's that simple.    So it's back to the Marketplace.........haha!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yay for sweater season! Raw shot, only cropped. Been playing with DIY spotlights -- here in one of the Weekend Ruiner sets. Daeberethwen Arbenlow has a great tutorial video showing how to make some simple spotlights. Video embedded below...

saga-1027.thumb.jpg.7bafc1fc87feb92a8372c2e5bd1def5c.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Heads-up for anyone looking for a new photoshoot location. The Baroqued Gothical event has hundreds of tiny photo boxes - both dark and light (dark around the outer areas, light in the inner areas). The event booths are on the lower area, but stacked above each one are a couple  of differently-themed photo areas (there are a few on the lower area, too). Worth a visit before the event closes on Nov 25th :)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I couldn't find anyone nice enough to tie me to the tracks!

When I saw your pose, I figured you had untied yourself and just can’t be bothered to jump from the tracks. “It’s all just so tiresome, maybe if I look away, the train will breeze right past me.” Then, at the last moment, someone pushes/pulls you from the tracks. But, it’s too late - your dress is ruined.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I saw your pose, I figured you had untied yourself and just can’t be bothered to jump from the tracks. “It’s all just so tiresome, maybe if I look away, the train will breeze right past me.” Then, at the last moment, someone pushes/pulls you from the tracks. But, it’s too late - your dress is ruined.

That's as good a narrative as any, Love, and probably better than any I could have come up with.

But why haven't you volunteered to be the villain of the piece?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's as good a narrative as any, Love, and probably better than any I could have come up with.

But why haven't you volunteered to be the villain of the piece?

A detest mustachios, which a proper villian must have in such a scene, twirling it vainly fir effect.

The deep blue screams of falling dreams...

45238536944_e6041f9d3e_h.jpg

Breath for Equal 10, plus a collab between Contraption & Raven Bell for Baroqued Gothical.

Coat: Breath - Stand Collar Coat (black - one size)
Hair & Hair: Contraption & Raven Bell - The Five Graves Hat & Hair
Makeup: Shiny Stuffs - Dollface (Catwa)
Eyes: ARTE - Dimensions Eyes (Catwa, Lelutka)
Piercings: Catwa - Bento Face Piercings* (rigged for Catwa Bento heads)
Drill piercing: Cerberus Xing - Spiked Drill (silver)
Skin applier: Insol - Tyson (T1 - Catwa)
Head: Catwa - Skell* (Bento)

*review copy

• Like 22