How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

@Tess Falworth Tutorials are good. The challenge is getting them where people can see them. For year various people in SL have been trying to get people to understand proportion, camera position, cost from size, and scale in Second Life. 

Second Life Camera Position Tips - 2011

#SL Crusade for Good Looks - 2012

Best Building Practices in Second Life - 2013

Penny Patton on Land Cost - 2014

Proportional Shapes in Second Life - 2018

New people coming into SL are unaware of the blogosphere of SL coverage. Much of the SL wiki is on lockdown because of spammers and hard to keep up to date.

In general there is no way to push the information. We have to wait for people to search for it.

FF2018_030

I'm the one with pink hair...

• Like 13

While exploring places this looked like a perfect spot snap a selfie.
Actually I took about ten and selected the one which looked the nicest - the rest trashed.
One shot is never enough when the animations are playing. When taking many you can then select the best one.
With bento heads the faces have sparked to life, you need to catch the perfect moment.

2018-05-11_Mandala.thumb.jpg.cebb4848cc55d36cb1ea9318f158ebec.jpg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

While exploring places this looked like a perfect spot snap a selfie.
Actually I took about ten and selected the one which looked the nicest - the rest trashed.
One shot is never enough when the animations are playing. When taking many you can then select the best one.
With bento heads the faces have sparked to life, you need to catch the perfect moment.

[insert image]

I loooooove that haaaaaair. <3

It's gorgemous on you! And go purple!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

A little tip from my SL Fashion Photography post, to give you finer control over that:

fashpic05.png

(Click the set of double lines at the top of that small menu popout, and that will ‘snap it off’ so you can keep it on your screen [until you relog or close it] and not have to go hunting for it each time.)

That setting will slow down your animations (on your viewer only). It’s perfect for capturing that hint of a smile right before you break into an ear-splitting grin, or the moment when your eyelids flutter perfectly shut just before you pull a silly face. By watching each of your Bento mesh head’s animations at normal speed you can identify the moments you want to capture, then run them again in slow-motion, with your cursor poised over the ‘refresh’ button of your screenshot window. This vastly increases the number of possible face animations (in the form of those individual little moments) that you can make use of for your images.

(The Developer menu is enabled via the Advanced menu, and—if using Firestorm—via the Advanced tab of your preferences.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

The Defiler

"I wish I had an angel
For one moment of love
I wish I had your angel
Your Virgin Mary undone
I'm in love with my lust
Burning angel wings to dust
I wish I had your angel tonight"

- Nightwish - I Wish I Had An Angel

• Like 17