How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

You would think that if an outfit specifically says Maitreya -- and only Maitreya -- that it would come very close to actualy fitting right out of the box.  It's not like I have a huge avi size or something.  The left is out of the box - the right has literally everything below the chest and above the feet alpha'd out.

59bf41258e760_MessedupSizing.thumb.jpg.fb7c6fc4108bd3f6b7c097480bb8d5ec.jpg

• Like 9
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

you´ve come a looooong way ;)

I watched a styling show called "Shopping Queen" on tv while having brekkie (it´s on German TV, 5 women, 5 days and each gets 500€ and 4 hours to style according to the week´s topic) and the topic was Lace - so I put Kasha in lace. As the Top appears too dark when I did the on location shooting I took another one in my studio, no fancy pose, just my AO, very simple. Yep I´m lazy today ;)

Snapshot_021.jpg

Snapshot_017.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Today I'm looking like it's time to relax.  Been redecorating the home parcel the last few days;  there's a little racetrack not far from where I live in RL, and most of the drivers that race there run their operations out of a regular old garage on their property.  I figured it was time to downsize from the big, professional looking garage and go with something more reflective of your average local short track racer.  Not to mention downsizing to smaller buildings also opens up the property a bit more - all the open space makes it look bigger than it really is.

091817_007.png

• Like 12

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You would think that if an outfit specifically says Maitreya -- and only Maitreya -- that it would come very close to actualy fitting right out of the box.  It's not like I have a huge avi size or something.  The left is out of the box - the right has literally everything below the chest and above the feet alpha'd out.

59bf41258e760_MessedupSizing.thumb.jpg.fb7c6fc4108bd3f6b7c097480bb8d5ec.jpg

I think that's not unreasonable for a very tight fitting gown, particularly one what might restrict movement. To achieve that "starlet on the red carpet" look otherwise, you'd need an AO animation to go with the dress. How does it look when you're walking?

ETA: Years ago, at a "Nostalgia Navigators" dance, I saw a woman wearing a very slinky gown (a mix of system layers and flexes). I asked where she got it and purchased a copy. The only way I could make it look even half as nice as on her was to modify my shape to the point where I looked like a skeleton from the waist down. Even then, it only looked good in hold-me-close ballroom dance animations. The moment I walked, everything went to pieces. I was once bridesmaid in a RL wedding where the gowns had more or less the same effect. I was fine until I moved, then all hell broke loose.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

How does it look when you're walking?

None of my normal walks are extreme, so it looked fine throughout most of them. The texture is such that it doesn't get that odd stretched look to it - at least not with the various animations from my walk AO.  I should put it back on and see how it does with some of the more extreme couples dance movements.  By the same token, I bought it because it came with pretty bright blue wings and I wanted that full look, so hadn't considered it for dancing anyway.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

None of my normal walks are extreme, so it looked fine throughout most of them. The texture is such that it doesn't get that odd stretched look to it - at least not with the various animations from my walk AO.  I should put it back on and see how it does with some of the more extreme couples dance movements.  By the same token, I bought it because it came with pretty bright blue wings and I wanted that full look, so hadn't considered it for dancing anyway.

I suspect that, if the dress had remained outside your shape, you'd have seen stretching. That's why you had to alpha out so much. The dress is rigged closer to the bones than your skin to achieve that skinny starlet look we all gave up on when we first encountered ice-cream.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I suspect that, if the dress had remained outside your shape, you'd have seen stretching. That's why you had to alpha out so much. The dress is rigged closer to the bones than your skin to achieve that skinny starlet look we all gave up on when we first encountered ice-cream.

I never thought about that part of it.  Then again, my knowledge of the inner workings of clothing, mesh, etc... is pretty much nil.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I think that's not unreasonable for a very tight fitting gown, particularly one what might restrict movement. To achieve that "starlet on the red carpet" look otherwise, you'd need an AO animation to go with the dress. How does it look when you're walking?

ETA: Years ago, at a "Nostalgia Navigators" dance, I saw a woman wearing a very slinky gown (a mix of system layers and flexes). I asked where she got it and purchased a copy. The only way I could make it look even half as nice as on her was to modify my shape to the point where I looked like a skeleton from the waist down. Even then, it only looked good in hold-me-close ballroom dance animations. The moment I walked, everything went to pieces. I was once bridesmaid in a RL wedding where the gowns had more or less the same effect. I was fine until I moved, then all hell broke loose.

Clothes rarely fit and I always copy and rename all body parts I can  including system and mesh, adjust it and alpha hide all protruding bits shape edit wont fix and make a new outfit.

Edited by chardonay Babii
  • Like 2