How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

40 minutes ago, Danielle Atheria said:

Just a general question and no I don’t really care. I’ve seen some fantastic pics though with low likes and just puzzles me a little 

Sometimes the photos have been posted and liked elsewhere, or used previously, or some people's photographic or photoshop skills stand out.

Or sometimes some of us have had some disagreements elsewhere on the forums or in world and we dislike each other so much now that we've blocked each other and don't even see the posts so don't react to them.

Or ... some people dislike "non-conventional" avatars - or non-mesh ones. 

There's a lot of little duck feet paddling madly under the water while the surface seems serene.

Edited by Marigold Devin
there was an elephant in the room
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Or sometimes some of us have had some disagreements elsewhere on the forums or in world and we dislike each other so much now that we've blocked each other and don't even see the posts so don't react to them.

I said those pants made you look fat and now you hate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never happened.

• Haha 11

7 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I said those pants made you look fat and now you hate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never happened.

I still see you - you're not blocked ... yet ;) 

Edited by Marigold Devin
Thanks for playing the game and making me laugh.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

𝘤𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦, 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ㅡ

"𝔗𝔲 é𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔬𝔦, 𝔢𝔱 𝔧'é𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔰 𝔪𝔬𝔦
𝔑𝔬𝔲𝔰 é𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔡𝔢𝔲𝔵 𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔠𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔦𝔰
𝔍'é𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔰 𝔩𝔢 𝔱𝔦𝔢𝔫 𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔮𝔲𝔢 𝔧'𝔞𝔦 𝔰𝔲
𝔈𝔱 𝔱𝔲 é𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔰 𝔩𝔞 𝔪𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔫𝔢 𝔪𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔞𝔫𝔱
𝔢𝔱 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔧𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔰" ㅡ 𝔏𝔞𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔢𝔞𝔳

imo-110821.jpg

Edited by Imogenya
  • Like 26

10 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Thank you!!! But OMG!!! I'm ashamed of myself!!! I totally missed that...right along with the finger issues!!! I can't even come up with a decent excuse. I wanted to post a pic that wasn't as heavily processed as some I've posted recently, and all I did with this one is crop it a bit. I wasn't paying attention...obviously.  

What Marianne and Rowan (and others?) have said: your pics have definitely improved. So, I might add, has your avi!

Everyone makes errors by not noticing something when taking a pic. Something in the background didn't rez properly, or your butt is poking out of your jeans, or . . . all sorts of stuff. Sometimes it's fixable in Photoshop, and sometimes not. In any case, not something to be ashamed of!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Danielle Atheria said:

One day I’ll figure out what the like criteria is for this thread lol…

What others have said . . . there is an endless variety of reasons why someone might or might not choose to "like" a pic. Sometimes it's personal, and a lot of the time it isn't. It's a bit like Flickr too, where people sort of game faves, but where a lot of the time the success of a pic is almost accidental.

Meh, who cares?

What does matter is that we, as a sort of informal community, love that you are posting here, and value your pics (which, btw, are really beautiful). More please!

Which means, of course, that you've been assimilated. Bwahahahah!

Welcome to the Dark Side.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Really beautiful and expressive Imogenya. You very much look like someone you'd want to have a coffee with. Really lovely!

that was so kind, thanks!!! it means a lot coming from you as I do adore your amazing 'hyper-realistic' photos so much, you have been such an inspiration ♡

25 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(What kind of coffee?)

I have no preference at all ,  I like every kind of coffee depends on my mood  :))

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What Marianne and Rowan (and others?) have said: your pics have definitely improved. So, I might add, has your avi!

Everyone makes errors by not noticing something when taking a pic. Something in the background didn't rez properly, or your butt is poking out of your jeans, or . . . all sorts of stuff. Sometimes it's fixable in Photoshop, and sometimes not. In any case, not something to be ashamed of!

Thanks Scyll!!! I should have noticed though when I cropped the pic.

• Like 2

Just now, Marianne Little said:

Splish splash. 

Be gentle with me, I don't have Photoshop. I am never sure if I do the water right.

52 Weeks of Color Challenge - Orange

It looks fantastic Marianne! 😁 And to me, the water and you look just great too. Oh, and thank you for inviting me over to your place and showing me around. I just love how you designed it and the feel of it. Great work!

Peace...

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Be gentle with me, I don't have Photoshop. I am never sure if I do the water right.

I mostly only skim the thread these days, but do posters really have to worry about rough comments on their pictures these days?

I thought this thread was really just about folks showing off their avatars, rather than folks getting critiqued for their photography skills.

• Like 7