How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

The Belleza Jake mesh body was updated recently, which has greatly improved the chances of having a seamless neck with certain mesh heads. I did a little tutorial, using only the skins, addons and shape that come with the body and I head I used. I prefer personalisation of course (making my own shapes and choosing a skin), but he's not bad-looking for a basic b*tch.

Basic Bitch

• Like 13

On 9/28/2021 at 12:16 PM, Ayeleeon said:

I think it is a legitimate question, and appropriate for this thread since it deals with the images that are posted here. I think it is something that people who post here should seriously consider, not everyone will answer the same way, and that is OK. 

So are we to deduce from this logic that it might not be a good idea to have you posting a picture of yourself with a different girl in each picture. Doesn't that give the impression that it's ok to hop around with a different woman each day? See how silly that is? The person isn't actually smoking in the picture. They are only holding it. Should we assume that they are smokers?

This has got to be the dumbest conversation I've seen on the forums so far.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

So are we to deduce from this logic that it might not be a good idea to have you posting a picture of yourself with a different girl in each picture. Doesn't that give the impression that it's ok to hop around with a different woman each day? See how silly that is? The person isn't actually smoking in the picture. They are only holding it. Should we assume that they are smokers?

This has got to be the dumbest conversation I've seen on the forums so far.

Consenting adults can hop around however they likw, and in fact many of the girls I am seen "hopping around with" are people i only have conversations with, are you suggesting that it is somehow wrong to have a coversation with a different person each day? Tobacco companies have used images of beautiful people smoking to promote thier products, In the United Staes this practice has led to bans on tobbaco advertizing.

In this day of cancel culture, where we attempt to remove from teh culture anything or anyone wvwn remotely associated with things that are harmeful, I fail to understand why we cling to this notion that a cigarette is an appropriate prop,

Edited by Ayeleeon

No disrespect, but the predominant aesthetic portrayed within these avatar selfie threads is a pretty derivative blend of Falcons Crest and Pirelli Calendar circa 1983 (maybe call it 80s noir if you want to be fancy 😀)

It was a different time - smoking, alcohol, driving without a seat belt and asbestos in school buildings were all much more acceptable than they are today.

Why not just roll with the perspective that the props used in these pics are historically appropriate and move on 😀

Edited by SynesthetiQ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

Tobacco companies have used images of beautiful people smoking to promote thier products, In the United Staes this practice has led to bans on tobbaco advertizing.

The pictures posted on the forum are not advertising though and they aren't promoting any smoking products. They are simply one's personal pictures they are sharing with other people.  No social media platform bans personal pictures of people smoking.  I would even go as far as to say that if someone reading these forums takes up a smoking habit because they saw a picture of a avatar holding a cigarette that they should probably unplug their computer and take it back to the store. 

You "concern" about this is ridiculous.

• Like 7