How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Question: Which image do you prefer? The one where I keep the colors intact, or the desaturated one?

And why do you prefer the one over the other?

I took so many pictures, it is hard to decide what I like best.

royal purple dress_007.jpg

royal purple dress_009.jpg

Hi Marianne : )

they are both very lovely......i prefer the bottom one, to my eye it seems more classy and artistic. 

Kind Regards,

Josephine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Question: Which image do you prefer? The one where I keep the colors intact, or the desaturated one?

This one is my favourite, more because of the pose and the contrasting lighting than the desaturation. A beautiful composition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

@Marianne Little I love the poses and subject matter in both pictures, but prefer the color picture due to striations  in the shadows.

The projected light makes a pattern, if I had angled it different it would have been visible in the desaturated one. So that is something to think about for next time... I bought ballet shoes for Maitreya as soon as I saw them. Really happy that Maitreya has it now. The only thing I miss is the ability to adjust the feet individually - one pointed, one flat.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The second one. Both due to the saturation, the exposure, and the butt. I mean, the angle. 

Both angles does give a sense of aloofness, as you're not looking at the viewer in either, but in the second one it has a more general effect with the subject doing their own thing, rather than sort of facing the camera but turning your head away. 

I also prefer the black frame to the white vignette. It comes out more crisp, and in my opinion compliments the tone of the image very well - the vignette does have a similar effect since that image is brighter, but the fuzziness doesn't add as much to the focus as the frame does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bet it is black or white. 😉

Not saying but I can say that this is NOT the outfit for next week. Not even close :D.  And I am not "cheating".  More on that next week :D.   Or maybe I should post that on the thread ^^. Will think on it. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

royal purple dress_007.jpg

I like them both.  With the colors in the first one, I noticed that my attention is drawn to various details, from your uniform, pose, shadow, the tiled floor, and surroundings that tells me you're in a sunlit room.  The muted colors of the surroundings in the second shot draws the viewer's attention you and your dance routine.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2020 at 10:49 PM, Marianne Little said:

Second one. There isnt defined detail what makes it better but how whole feels. It has more live vibe, it is more dramatic - like moment stopped in time. It has past and it has future what i can imagine.

First one is more posed and stiff. And its not colors what make it feel so. This one has only present, no past, no future....

Edited by Vihmakass
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1