How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm distressed by how upset this has obviously made you: I very much hope that you can put it behind you, and will continue to post the lovely shots that we have grown used to seeing here.

I am, to be honest, also distressed by how upset Seicher obviously became.

I haven't attempted to trace this back to its origins, nor even re-read the exchanges, and I have no intention of doing so: I don't think it's important. But my sense is that this escalated fast. Words can certainly wound, deeply -- but ultimately, they are just that: words. No one here was arguing about the exclusion of someone else: it was mostly, I think, about tone, which is always so difficult to manage in a purely textual medium like this. God knows, I have problems with it.

The really important thing to remember is that you belong here. This is your thread, as much as it is anyone's, and you've left your imprint all over it. You need to keep doing that.

Seicher is a more recent poster, but it is her thread too: she also belongs here. Really, there's not anyone posting here who doesn't. And for that reason, I really hope that we can put the words behind us, because what makes this thread special is the people -- all of the people -- in it.

So, hugs. And please treat us to more of your pictures . . . tomorrow?

Typing very carefully and slowly as to not stir up another *hit storm...

Oh FFS. Time for bullet points.

• Seicher was not obviously upset. Seicher did not have a melt down. Seicher also did not throw nasty, hate, vitriol, bagels, panties or anything else she was accused of throwing, pitching or vaulting in any other way.
  • What I was, was mildly miffed about a comment that is a snotty, back hand at people who posted about the technical things and tips about Ctrl+0, as that snotty comment is directed at me and others. 
  • I pulled a post with photos because of that snotty comment, stated why I pulled the post, and stated that this thread was no longer fun and why. To every one of my subsequent comments there were many, many others. I left the thread.
  • So, yeah, no. There were no BODIES to step over. At least I wasn't a dead or wounded body. That anything was portrayed, and is still being portrayed otherwise is just... :::wrestles own typing fingers in censorship::: wrong.

Can someone explain why it matters to point out that I am a more recent poster? I have been posting in this thread now for months, and erm... ya know, also in the forums for something like ten years? Just sayin. It is those years of experience in SL forums that allows ME to realize that there are many ways to participate in a thread, stay within LL bounds and everything is fine. If aspects of a thread don't appeal, as I have said several times... there's the scroll bar. I use it all the time.

And Scylla, the "Oh FFS" wasn't exactly directed at you or your post, but at the whole "thing" in general, especially since people seem to be refusing to let it die. I sure as heck had no intention of posting anything else about it, but I return and well, yeah. Not dead yet.

I'm still not upset.

And this thread is still not fun. 

And FFS I'm slowly typing a part two, which is apparently needed.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

there is a certain snobbish thing dont know if thats a Brit word which I really dont like. Ok waiting for the backlash I can take it Im tough well not always.

Laika:

It was this sentence that made me, mistakenly as you pointed out, think that you are not a native English speaker. To me it read that you weren't sure if "snobbish" was a British or "English" word and that implied to me that English is not your first language. Apparently I read that wrong. 

When I stated that I thought English wasn't your first language, my intent was to give you "an out" in case your, what I consider to be a snotty comment, wasn't snotty but just a case of translation. My intent was not an insult. You corrected me. I accepted the correction. I said nothing further about English. 

For the record, I hold people who can speak more than one language in awe. I cannot. I'm terrible with languages. I also know that a lot of misunderstandings happen when people aren't fluent; a lot of misunderstandings happen in type when everyone is fluent. Translations make it harder. So I'm saying THIS in case anyone else was insulted. See above, that wasn't my intent. I apologize if you took it as an insult. Full stop.

So Laika, clearly you were insulted by my comment about language, regardless of my intent. For that, I apologize. Full stop.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

God knows I don't want to open this up again, but I would like to suggest that this thread should be big enough for a variety of different approaches and interests?

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Then take it to IMs.

7 hours ago, BerryRoll said:

everything gonna be all whiteResize.thumb.png.ab25097a2e418dd1a2a0f7e75d53f358.png

Oh Berry, this is just awesome... thanks.

I am trying out for a new job...

49464699576_b8a9ed8960_b.jpg

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:
16 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

God knows I don't want to open this up again, but I would like to suggest that this thread should be big enough for a variety of different approaches and interests?

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Then take it to IMs.

Which, then, really, to be fair your comment above should be taken to IM as well, Nalates.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Conall DeCuir said:

Maybe we should move the photo thread to somewhere else? I am a bit annoyed by the constant quarrel which is rather personal.

Nope. I came back into the Forum today and was surprised to see "it" still going, and not by me. I said my two cents. I also made an apology that needed to be made in public, since that is where the perceived insult occurred. Past that, it's done. Y'all can carry on with whatever/however/wherever you choose, such is the glory of a public forum...which tends to be blowing things up waaaaaaaay out of proportion to actual events. I wasn't thrilled when you were the target of much ado about nothing regarding your photo with the gun that had certain folks all in a tizzy.

Edited by Seicher Rae

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oooooh! Where is THAT???

(Also, nice dress!)

It's a small exhibition in Antiquity Spain.   Antiquity Spain - RP - EXHIBITIONS

If you do go visit it, be sure to click on all the artwork along the walls and the instruments displayed to receive NC's that identify the piece of art and the exhibit information about music in ancient times (as well as hearing how some of the instruments sound).

(Thanks!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

It's a small exhibition in Antiquity Spain.   Antiquity Spain - RP - EXHIBITIONS

If you do go visit it, be sure to click on all the artwork along the walls and the instruments displayed to receive NC's that identify the piece of art and the exhibit information about music in ancient times (as well as hearing how some of the instruments sound).

(Thanks!)

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out!

And the dress . . . ?

4 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

(Thanks!)

I thought I recognized that but wasn't sure.  I spend most of my time in Antiquity sailing and battling pirates.  I should look around more.

• Like 2