How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Meh. I've held off on posting this because I've been working on a poem for this piece, and it's been a struggle. But this is an image thread, not a poetry one, so who cares -- I'm just going to post the pic.

732431374_Ghosts-(BW)-Blank.thumb.png.9da42055067e8916de3ddb27ede66ad9.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 34

13 minutes ago, TasPanda13 said:

Tried a more shadowed up close photo..thoughts?

Closeup portrait_001.jpg

I like it! a lot. (But I like shadows!)

One minor suggestion: some of the shadows here are a bit harsh, perhaps? If you can add a very low and subtle point light, it will soften them somewhat. You can also mitigate this a bit by playing with the Phototools settings or Windlight.

But that's fine tuning! I really like what you're doing here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After finding time to make some adjustments, I've gotten my face closer to, if not my original look, at least closer to what I like, I'd forgotten how tricky face editing and slider tweaking could be.

Iva_and_Tommy.thumb.jpg.cd5484072a1d5f2994b44ff5085e5c0e.jpg

This post actually serves two purposes. One, to show off all my hard work and how much fun I'm having. And two, so that @Scylla Rhiadracan gloat about her powers of persuasion.

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

On 1/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, Seicher Rae said:

LuanesMagicalWorld 3 011220_002.jpg

ETA: Ruh Roh. I'm noticing some tiling in this post, which I didn't detect before. Please don't let that be my graphics card. Let it be that FS bug I've heard about! Demmit.

It's the bug. I just experienced it. Lovely photo in any case. Lovely subject too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1