How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Neph is still dancing in the next room, whilst I'm busy working ... And pondering whether I at all care for this shirt.

Snapshot_061.thumb.png.2654e05b9695333db49a6c2b17f05950.png

But if I wasn't working on a shoot, since obviously this is a regular snapshot framing me mid-AO, what was I doing? Well, I'm glad you asked, since it may well be of interest to some:

... Totally didn't just take a quick snap to advertise my business or anything. *cough*

Edited by Orwar
  • Like 21

I decided to try @Alyona Su's trick of adding some face shear.

shear_001.thumb.jpg.d66995c16381a513d8467a0add3a8293.jpg

This is 10 points, which I think may be a little too much for me; at this amount the eyes are very noticeably different sizes; I tried to use Eye Pop to even them out a bit, but apparently Catwa heads don't respond to that slider. So I'm turning the shear down to 6 points and I like that much better.

• Like 19

19 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I decided to try @Alyona Su's trick of adding some face shear.

shear_001.thumb.jpg.d66995c16381a513d8467a0add3a8293.jpg

This is 10 points, which I think may be a little too much for me; at this amount the eyes are very noticeably different sizes; I tried to use Eye Pop to even them out a bit, but apparently Catwa heads don't respond to that slider. So I'm turning the shear down to 6 points and I like that much better.

I think it looks good (If you use a Facial AO like the Chrysanthemum or Vista, it's nowhere near as noticeable) - I say no more than ten points unless you want it to look obvious. Otherwise between five and ten works best for a realistic look, I believe. :D One should also face the overall face shape into account also, in your case it is "jaw-heavy" so the face shear will be more exaggerated per point on the slider.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I think it looks good (If you use a Facial AO like the Chrysanthemum or Vista, it's nowhere near as noticeable) - I say no more than ten points unless you want it to loom obvious. Otherwise between five and ten works best for a realistic look, I believe. :D One should also face the overall he'd shame into account also, in your case it is "jaw-heavy" so the face shear will be more exaggerated per point on the slider.

Yes, it did look much better with the face AO on, though for the purposes of the pic I wanted to show it without. And better with 7 points than 10.

After that I went to the Bellisseria Formal. Couldn't decide whether to go as a girl or a guy so I split the difference...

belliformal_005.thumb.jpg.33209f472bc872fce71b1be74915335e.jpg

belliformal_008.thumb.jpg.560dcf2f8bfb4ed88d5ea8033cec4db7.jpg

• Like 19

4 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Its interesting how this piece has sparked so much conversation and different interpretations. Its one of those pictures that tells a much bigger story. I like it a lot; simple composition yet at the same time its also deep and full of emotion. We don't know what the man did, whether he shot someone, who that someone was or why. We only know that something happpened. The rest is for us to decide. And that's art at its best.

Bravo, sir!

I like it a lot. It's brooding and atmospheric. Maybe a Moll just visible in the background with a lighted cigarette would add to the story !!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

And pondering whether I at all care for this shirt

It doesn’t seem to match the sharpness of detail of everything else. I’ve never seen sleeves wrinkle quite that way. The curve where the sleeve joins the armhole seems unusual. I like your photo, but I do not care for the shirt. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TDD123 said:

I just don't get these macabre roledefining stereotypes.

Couldn't he just sit there wondering if he left the stove on ? :|

Or maybe thinking about shooting that stove.  :D

I do love how the photo sparked so many comments of varying interpretations.  And I love the photo itself.

• Like 3

Finally got to meet up with the person I got paired with for the BVN challenge. We're posting tomorrow but I had to share this ❤️ Nat is such a sweet person and I'm glad we go to meet! And it's nice to know someone goes through the same pain of setting up a shoot. We were in giggles tonight!

In The Christmas Chaos, Find The Calm 2.png

• Like 24

14 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I like it a lot. It's brooding and atmospheric. Maybe a Moll just visible in the background with a lighted cigarette would add to the story !!

A Moll ... i had to translate what that is and learned a new word :) and YES, you are right! It would have totally added. Well, next time i will add such a Moll .... anyone around who smokes and wants to be a part of a moody photo? *grins*

• Like 2