How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

lol

Well, it's more complicated than I expected, but 'I'm not complaining at all: it's very interesting.

I very much like the idea of "boudoir" originating in private women's spaces. In the period that I study, in England, these were often called "closets": they were private places, small and comfortably furnished rooms really, that were sanctuaries for the homemaker. They didn't, so far as I can recall, ever take on the connotations that you describe, but in a novel, the invasion of a woman's private closet by a male was almost always bad news.

And I totally take your point about clothes, and about story. It's sort of what I like trying to do in my photos. And I've always thought that the most alluring look is produced by artfully chosen and arranged clothing, rather than by mere nudity. (Not that there's anything wrong with nudity, either.)

I hope your friend is satisfied :)

Thanks for a thoughtful response.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marut72 said:

Boudoir is about a story.

This reminds me of the early days of my marriage. On Friday nights, we'd set aside time for some fun. If I got home before he did, I'd sometimes leave a "boudoir trail" from the laundry (where we entered the house from the garage) to our bedroom upstairs. I was very deliberate in the construction of that trail, which might look like...

Two mismatched shoes in the laundry and a third in the kitchen.
A pair of pantyhose draped over a kitchen chair, along with a blouse and a taupe bra on the island.
A red bra on the newel post, and a short skirt (that I'd never wear in public, but he liked a lot) at the bottom of the stairs.
A single nylon stocking on the handrail, halfway up the stairs, and a pair of his briefs.
A pair of red panties at the top of the stairs and a black bra on the floor at the bottom of the bedroom door.
He'd open the door to find me lounging on the bed in bib overalls and snoopy slippers.
Under that would be something entirely different.

I am nothing if not a tease.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, SunnySunnyson said:

Are there poster-sized prints of this available?

Momo could produce a coffee table book of her pics, and I'd buy it in a flash. Her pics aren't just technically "good": they are dramatic and exciting, and very original. I've learned a lot from what she's produced.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Stupid Question Alert!

I only know how to paste (drag & drop) my jpeg files directly from my Mac into the forum here. I notice that a lot of you guys post to Flickr and... how does it get posted into the forum? That’s the question? I have a Flickr account but I’m too busy in rl to post into both places. Any advise on this, pls?

😘

25 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

Stupid Question Alert!

I only know how to paste (drag & drop) my jpeg files directly from my Mac into the forum here. I notice that a lot of you guys post to Flickr and... how does it get posted into the forum? That’s the question? I have a Flickr account but I’m too busy in rl to post into both places. Any advise on this, pls?

😘

you copy the picture's URL and paste it into the reply box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Saravendi said:

Stupid Question Alert!

😘

Because I'm not good with IT, I send the pics to my e mail, save to my laptop, delete the rubbish, then post to here and flickr seperately. Laika does it totally different I know.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This reminds me of the early days of my marriage. On Friday nights, we'd set aside time for some fun. If I got home before he did, I'd sometimes leave a "boudoir trail" from the laundry (where we entered the house from the garage) to our bedroom upstairs. I was very deliberate in the construction of that trail, which might look like...

Two mismatched shoes in the laundry and a third in the kitchen.
A pair of pantyhose draped over a kitchen chair, along with a blouse and a taupe bra on the island.
A red bra on the newel post, and a short skirt (that I'd never wear in public, but he liked a lot) at the bottom of the stairs.
A single nylon stocking on the handrail, halfway up the stairs, and a pair of his briefs.
A pair of red panties at the top of the stairs and a black bra on the floor at the bottom of the bedroom door.
He'd open the door to find me lounging on the bed in bib overalls and snoopy slippers.
Under that would be something entirely different.

I am nothing if not a tease.

You are a wonderful tease Madeline. I hope you never change because it’s lovely to be teased. I enjoyed reading this and a post I read somewhere else where a pair of panties were up in a tree and flew like a flag.

Edited by Marut72
  • Thanks 1