How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

11 hours ago, BelindaN said:

And before that gathering, a nice clean image of Skye with me relaxing on the sofa...…… Phew!

It's a really beautiful shot, Belinda. You've managed to create and differentiate 4 absolutely gorgeous avatars, while I'm still struggling to manage 1 and 1/2.

I have to admit, though, that I have become fixated on the fact that Skye is wearing her heels on the couch.

799200449_HeelsonCouch-Blank.JPG.5f91bb62d69f0f7550a98368b65c34c8.JPG

*Cue Scylla running in looking flustered and flabbergasted, waving arms about frantically*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

My Firestorm graphics are set to High-Ultra (one step down from Ultra) and with everything checked (except Avatar Cloth) and antialiasing at 8x

Interesting!

I almost always have mine set to Ultra -- which can, depending on where I am, cause a bit of churn. I also have antialiasing at 16x. I'm wondering now, given how superb your shots always are, whether I am not unnecessarily overdoing it.

Also . . . what is "Avatar Cloth" anyway?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's a really beautiful shot, Belinda. You've managed to create and differentiate 4 absolutely gorgeous avatars, while I'm still struggling to manage 1 and 1/2.

I have to admit, though, that I have become fixated on the fact that Skye is wearing her heels on the couch.

799200449_HeelsonCouch-Blank.JPG.5f91bb62d69f0f7550a98368b65c34c8.JPG

*Cue Scylla running in looking flustered and flabbergasted, waving arms about frantically*

Thing is....would you dare mention it to her? Haha

And thanks for the compliment about my sisters.  Truth is, it seems to come naturally, which is astonishing, especially to me!!!  Skye fell into place in two days. That was because I didn't have a Genus strong head, so that was a given, and the hair was part of the initial system Avi I bought, and just looks so right on Skye. I never realised brunettes had so much fun :)

Free tuition is available.....😊

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait, what?

Why can't we have that for mesh?

I have seen mesh dresses advertising this (moving in the wind etc) -  I even think I bought some of them, have to dig them out and test :)

Arcane Spellcaster... They  SAY their stuff moves with the wind at least, will test later

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/bag-Dress-Serena-BENTO-WCH-Arcane-Spellcaster-Ak-Creations/15127925

(First one I found on the MP, quite sure it is another one from the same designer I’ve got...)

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

This dress by Ison is bento animated and looks like it’s blowing in the wind.

I have another dress, also by Ison, that has a detachable animated cape that similarly moves. (It also has a version without the animation.) I don't tend to wear it with the cape much.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have another dress, also by Ison, that has a detachable animated cape that similarly moves. (It also has a version without the animation.) I don't tend to wear it with the cape much.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:06 AM, Eva Knoller said:

This dress by Ison is bento animated and looks like it’s blowing in the wind. 

On 9/25/2019 at 5:03 AM, Angelina String said:

I have seen mesh dresses advertising this (moving in the wind etc) -  I even think I bought some of them, have to dig them out and test :)

Arcane Spellcaster... They  SAY their stuff moves with the wind at least, will test later

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/bag-Dress-Serena-BENTO-WCH-Arcane-Spellcaster-Ak-Creations/15127925

(First one I found on the MP, quite sure it is another one from the same designer I’ve got...)

These are Animesh. XO hero costumes also use Animesh for the capes.

Caribbean-Curse.jpg?1540401084

"Cape bento animated"

As for standard outfits, I'd like to see more like this [edit to clarify: like those shown above by other commenters], but the effect really needs to be super-subtle or it could look really silly after more than 30 seconds or so.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GillianXRCR said:

Went for a mysterious, vintage look.

Vintage - SL.jpg

I am a big fan of "pushing" photography and have only just started trying to mimic that in my SL snapshots. You did wonderful with this!

For other readers, "pushing" means to make the overall image either very, very dark or light with a single area, usually the sub-subject being clearly visible, or creating a deep contrasty texture (as in the contrast, not actual texture). It's called "kodalith" - if you search the Internet or Flickr for that term, you'll know what I mean.

• Like 3