How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 8/19/2019 at 9:54 PM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Snapshot_011.png

This image really speaks to me. :) Adorable avi, of course. One of your best shots even, I daresay. But I also like the skybox envo. For some reason, I'm getting a good Oblivion feel off of it: fancy lady in a sort of semi-futuristic sky environment, looking outside. Very well done! ❤️👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A random comment made by someone got me to thinking (yes, I do that now and then):

Do you have notifications turned on for Likes (reputation points, as it is officially called)?  If so, how do stand all that 'chatter' to your email (unless you have it set to only send a single email per day)?  The notifications from inworld stuff is already enough to blow up my inbox sometimes.

ETA:  Can the same thing be done on Facebook (get emails for Likes) and if so, do you do it there also?

I don't have email notifications set up for this forum. But When I'm home and have it up on a tab, I'll get a 'plink' sound when there's a PM or response or whatever.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do you have notifications turned on for Likes (reputation points, as it is officially called)?  If so, how do stand all that 'chatter' to your email (unless you have it set to only send a single email per day)?  The notifications from inworld stuff is already enough to blow up my inbox sometimes.

I have notifications on for post in this thread but not likes.  I get a fair number of emails a day but not too much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

ETA:  Can the same thing be done on Facebook (get emails for Likes) and if so, do you do it there also?

I have emails turned off for everything. And not just here but everywhere else on the web. I log in here at least twice a day so I see the notifications alert at the top. I figure that if I'm not logging in on a forum, I have no need to see notifications.

No idea about Facebook, I don't use it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I have emails turned off for everything. And not just here but everywhere else on the web. I log in here at least twice a day so I see the notifications alert at the top. I figure that if I'm not logging in on a forum, I have no need to see notifications.

Same

I use a SL only e-mail account registering for SL and my Flickr. I never log in the account and read it, so the SL and Flickr notification don't bother me. For the forum, the notifications show on the site when I visit, that's more than enough.

Deleted my facebook january this year after using it for a decade or so, and have not missed it a single moment.

• Like 4

Bravo!

9 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Trapeze.png.510292bcb51b6272931ab0993ad54791.png

5 hours ago, momomoonusagi said:

Mura_021_543.jpg

17 hours ago, Catrie said:

A girl with her horse

On 8/19/2019 at 8:58 AM, Tess Falworth said:

2146497831_GoddessFreyaslsize.thumb.png.950d9bfef7f47683bd999d51ca0200c1.png

On 8/19/2019 at 9:44 AM, Skell Dagger said:

48576957827_f7b174727a_h.jpg

On 8/19/2019 at 12:54 PM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Snapshot_011.png

On 8/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, Angelina String said:

Hide contents

fetishfair.thumb.jpg.cc8ba3df012ccf1e1c60dba57b616445.jpg

On 8/18/2019 at 12:32 PM, Donna Underall said:

thinking by the boat.jpg

On 8/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, ArdentFervor said:

Snapshot_373.png

On 8/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, Catrie said:

Profile pic 81819.1.png

On 8/18/2019 at 4:38 PM, Coby Foden said:

2019-08-18_looking-at-you.thumb.jpg.daaeaa92016f297f8350d916090ab873.jpg

Just a few of my personal favs from the last week alone! Wow.. great job! :x

~ Sara

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I think if i had notifications turned on , I wouldn't do anything else but respond like Pavlov's dog to them... or their absence...  I cannot exist in the bubble of push notification purgatory. I get private messages from some of my online involvements, but I hate being spammed.  For situations where I must receive a lot of emails, I've sorted them so that most of them get filed in the requisite box, and I only look at them when I need to... but I couldn't do push notifications for news OR any forum I'm involved with.  That way lies madness.

I gave up on Facebook a long time ago.  They are a time suck and a serious security hole... The reasons I left. 

Also realized in listening to other people's tales that they're toxic and polarizing, and people end up comparing their insides with other people's most perfect outsides.   Just, no. Real life has enough pain.  In SL, I come here for unreal... yet, oddly enough, often find more honesty here than in my daily life.

• Like 5

On 8/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, Orwar said:

I find it quite natural to get curious - if I notice that my picture is sandwiched between two with 5 ish 'likes' more than mine, it makes one wonder which people find one's pictures unworthy. When it happens more than once, it's not that hard to connect a few dots and see the patterns at play. Shrugs.

It's not really a big deal. I know my taste isn't for everyone, and that I'm not universally loved by everyone - nothing wrong with that. But I've been on this thread for ages, and one of the reasons I've been told by new people that they don't like to post in this thread is the disproportionate distribution of likes, fearing that they won't be as accepted as the 'veterans'. Whilst this is often untrue, as it generally seems first-time-posters receive praise in plenty, I could see how a lurker might go up and down a page noticing the sometimes quite significant differences and wondering if they'll end up at the bottom of the barrel.

Why would fewer likes mean they are at the bottom of the barrel?  I personally don't care how many likes i get cause i am not posting for  the "likes". Are they so low self esteem they need to turn this into a battle of popularity? I am not on forums often enough to give a like to every picture that is being posted. And sometimes good talent both in RL & SL is being overshadowed by someone who is more "loud and outspoken". It's a fun thread and i hope it wont be spoiled by this. For most ppl taking pics is a nice hobby and something they enjoy doing.

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jeny Howlett said:

Why would fewer likes mean they are at the bottom of the barrel?  I personally don't care how many likes i get cause i am not posting for  the "likes". Are they so low self esteem they need to turn this into a battle of popularity? I am not on forums often enough to give a like to every picture that is being posted. And sometimes good talent both in RL & SL is being overshadowed by someone who is more "loud and outspoken". It's a fun thread and i hope it wont be spoiled by this. For most ppl taking pics is a nice hobby and something they enjoy doing.

Thanks for saying that, Jeny! ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2