How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 8/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is actually a concern of mine, and has been for a while. The "likes" thing is definitely a double-edged sword. That said, almost no one who posts a pic here gets fewer than 10 or so likes: in comparison with the way that these are doled out on the rest of the forum, that should be seen as very affirming indeed.

I'm not about to start lecturing people on how they should be apportioning out their "likes": everyone has their own approach to this, and mine (I like pretty much everything) has its advantages and disadvantages. In terms of the latter, it can be argued that my "like" is devalued precisely because I am so generous in giving it out.

But then, I see a "like" not as an evaluation or a judgement, nor even as a "participation prize," but rather as a kind of "thank you" to anyone who has taken what is, for many, the bold step of sharing their very personal art with me and everyone else here.

I pretty much agree with this approach. It can take quite a bit of courage to post something as intimate as your sense of style and Avatar look.

PS: #SorryNotSorry for all the late likes I've been bombarding everyone with since I've been catching up on the last couple of months over the past few days. I want to say, there has been some stunning work by everyone, but I somehow held off the itchy 'quote' finger of LOTS of (internet) ancient posts.

• Like 9

I don't want to derail the thread into a tech discussion. But, if anyone on here has experience with adding a graphics card to a Macbook, please message me. Thinking about getting an external card but have been reading that Firestorm doesn't play well with AMD cards and was thinking of getting a Radeon card.

Snapshot5_016.png

• Like 20
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

I pretty much agree with this approach. It can take quite a bit of courage to post something as intimate as your sense of style and Avatar look.

It was for me, at first. Thank god everyone was so welcome and encouraging, from the time of my very first posting here. I think mostly we do a good job of this.

3 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

PS: #SorryNotSorry for all the late likes I've been bombarding everyone with since I've been catching up on the last couple of months over the past few days. I want to say, there has been some stunning work by everyone, but I somehow held off the itchy 'quote' finger of LOTS of (internet) ancient posts.

I was really and truly entertained by the sporadic notifications I kept getting of your likes, especially as they gradually progressed toward the end of the thread. It was a little like receiving postcards from someone on whirlwind tour, or text messages from someone on a bus journeying to get to you: "Just passed through Beamsville! Nearly there now!"

We're glad you arrived at last, safe and sound. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A random comment made by someone got me to thinking (yes, I do that now and then):

Do you have notifications turned on for Likes (reputation points, as it is officially called)?  If so, how do stand all that 'chatter' to your email (unless you have it set to only send a single email per day)?  The notifications from inworld stuff is already enough to blow up my inbox sometimes.

ETA:  Can the same thing be done on Facebook (get emails for Likes) and if so, do you do it there also?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell