How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

9 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Since I posted pics of the Pirate Laura Dallin earlier i thought it only fair to post pics of Admiral Amanda Dallin-Vanbeeck of the Continental Navy hunting her evil sister down.

08132019 Navy_B.png

Hehe, I totally love that "Gadz, did I just run my ship aground, this close to shore!?" expression on your face. 😍

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Taya and I visiting Times Square to catch @Skell Dagger and @Kotelle new Broadway shows! So very exciting!!!!

Sara Time Square.jpg

It's funny to think that Times Square NY is probably the only place outside of SL where we blend right in!!! 💘

What a really fun picture!!!

The show starring Skell looks scary. I'd probably go to Liv's one instead, but with my luck it would turn out to be about vampiric mermaids who disembody their victims after tormenting them with nightmarish visions as they drown.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Thank you, @Scylla Rhiadra, for reminding me to stay true to myself. This is my beautiful Chloe; still a teenager: shy, common, yet sweet, and, above all else, simply me.

"In my room"

Snapshot_007.thumb.jpg.b7d64ef809fc266ea88f0d6e52924eaa.jpg

Well, there ya go. And of course, there is nothing to prevent you from exploring other sides of yourself too!

Lovely lighting in this, btw!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, there ya go. And of course, there is nothing to prevent you from exploring other sides of yourself too!

Lovely lighting in this, btw!

Thank you! 🤗 The lighting is slighty Photoshopped. And when I say 'slightly', I really do mean slightly, LOL, as I'm having the hardest time with all this new stuff. Best Photoshop filters I ever possessed were for CS3 -- it all kinda went downhill from there. 😍

And my hands are clipping in the image in question. Spent an hour OCD-ing over it, trying to fix it, then just decided to rejoin the non-insane population again. :) 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

And my hands are clipping in the image in question. Spent an hour OCD-ing over it, trying to fix it, then just decided to rejoin the non-insane population again. :) 

Probably the simplest non-insane way of dealing with this kind of problem is to go into the pose, and then open "Edit shape," and make slight adjustments to arm length or shoulders. In FS (not sure about other viewers) you can choose to disable the T-pose for shape and outfit editing, so you maintain the pose.

OR . . . and god knows I've done this enough . . . change the angle of the shot, or the lighting, so that the hands are simply not visible. In the case of your pic, the latter is largely the case: the problem with the hands is not very prominent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Probably the simplest non-insane way of dealing with this kind of problem is to go into the pose, and then open "Edit shape," and make slight adjustments to arm length or shoulders. In FS (not sure about other viewers) you can choose to disable the T-pose for shape and outfit editing, so you maintain the pose.

OR . . . and god knows I've done this enough . . . change the angle of the shot, or the lighting, so that the hands are simply not visible. In the case of your pic, the latter is largely the case: the problem with the hands is not very prominent.

Thank you, Scylla! Most helpful tips! 👍❤️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What a really fun picture!!!

The show starring Skell looks scary. I'd probably go to Liv's one instead, but with my luck it would turn out to be about vampiric mermaids who disembody their victims after tormenting them with nightmarish visions as they drown.

is this how you see me, Scylla? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Kotelle said:

is this how you see me, Scylla? 

Well, would you rather be Hans Christian Anderson's tragic little mermaid? Or a terrifying and powerful kelpie/sea witch/siren?

Or perhaps you're like me, and just don't much like getting wet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Thank you, @Scylla Rhiadra, for reminding me to stay true to myself. This is my beautiful Chloe; still a teenager: shy, common, yet sweet, and, above all else, simply me.

"In my room"

Snapshot_007.thumb.jpg.b7d64ef809fc266ea88f0d6e52924eaa.jpg

So this is entirely off topic, but I have been seeing Life is Strange on our Game Pass (which the adults use more than the kid 😜) and downloaded it to try out after seeing that your avi is based on the character.

Also, lovely picture!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, I totally love that "Gadz, did I just run my ship aground, this close to shore!?" expression on your face. 😍

That's a snarl as i think about hunting down my evil twin.  😀

The ship is heading toward the beach so that its facing into the wind and won't sail off on me.  I wanted the sails up in the picture.  This means the ship is rocking slowly.  As it rocked the fingers on the right hand kept clipping the hat brim so i had to time the pic to when they would drop and not clip.  I have no idea why parts of me move with the ships and other parts don't.

The Pirates Destiny estate is having a photo contest this month.  The entries have to be from certain regions in the estate and this pic is in one of those so I'll submit it.  You'll likely see 3 more pirate themed pics in the next few weeks from me.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Whaaattt??? I had no idea. Is this in preferences?

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes! Preference > Move and View > View

In LL's viewer it looks like ...

4a775759bbb95346571281f9ccda0938.png

Just clear the check box (center near top) for Automatic positioning. 
[ETA] Clearing the Build/Edit check mark also keeps you from flapping your arm in unnatural ways when right-clicking on something.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

A totally unartsie snap of me taking a bit of a break from setting up my new kitchen.

Why did no one tell me? This house decorating thing is hard work!

I'm also coming to realize that 1) my new house is HUGE, 2) I don't own nearly enough in the way of furnishings, and 3) my copious and spacious kitchen cupboards are conspicuous by the absence of food, plates, and cutlery, and pots and pans and stuff. I'll either have to buy some of this stuff, or fill them with, oh, I don't know . . . spare body parts?

Gotta give it some thought.

Also, 4) why the hell didn't I hire a contractor and interior decorator?

Kitchen-Makeover-Blank.thumb.png.723f015121d885040985982455f27f61.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 1