How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

It's not that 'we' don't know how to make reflections, it's an issue of how things are rendered in SL. Back in the early 2000's, many computer games had reflective mirrors in them. The issue is that SL is rendered from what is in front of your camera view. If you look into a mirror, you're looking into a space which is not rendered. In a game where assets and textures are pre-loaded and cached from area to area (i.e. games with 'cells' separated by loading screens), this works pretty well - in a world where you couldn't possibly cache all assets and textures, and instead render based on what the client is looking at, this becomes a lot more difficult.

When I've done it (I can't say 'usually' as I've done like 3 photos using the technique), I've just free-handed it. I don't know how many times I've posted this picture in this thread (I should make a new one!) but this was done using that setup, with a one-way transparent wall and eyeballing the mirrored shot.

The Catoptromancer

Theoretically (I think) you could also make two prims to represent the cameras and position them using the grid to match them ... Again, though, I'm script blind: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetCameraParams

That's a very interesting concept! :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Angelina String said:

I was tempted to say "It's all smoke and mirrors", which it kind of is, but not involving either mirrors or smoke :D

It is just a "window" in a wall with everything that would be visible in the mirror duplicated on the other side of the wall...

I'll edit this with pic to better illustrate in a sec...

Snapshot_2731.thumb.jpg.d9a6e17b761cbb28d2c9bd5cf7f8b5e9.jpg

Snapshot_2732.thumb.jpg.3cad3b9ed6931d94eb90e089f58f2b11.jpg

Ooo, just now saw the images you added! Thanks! 💎

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you! Actually, I never think of my main, Scylla, as particularly "elegant." But Laskya is probably capable.

Oops, missed this one. 😳 Actually, I think your Scylla main definitely looks elegant too (leaning against that desk and all). But maybe 'refined' was a better term. And, of course, simply attractive. Really an excellent example of style and beauty. I bet it took you days to tweak it. :) Anyway, I really loved that shot, no ifs and butts. 🥰 (pun intended).

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I think not. One is more than enough to handle, and Laskya more so than most. And one thing I definitely don't need to double is double or triple my shopping!

Mind you, I do have one alt in mothballs -- Richard Parkes, Gorean Master and Manly Man about Town. It would be amusing one day to resuscitate him . . .

Get the electrodes out and resuscitate. We need to see Richard.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Maybe you could go by and do like a Snow White kiss thing...  ❤️ an enviro green resuscitation thing... save energy...  just an idea.

If you do... remember. You have to share. 😈

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Wearing a male avi, LOL, that would feel a mite.. different. :) I remember visiting a sim once, where many women were trying on male avi's, for lolz. It was hilarious, actually, an entire group of 'males' belching an burping, scratching their... you know, pretending to be men. 😛 Although I wouldn't mind seeing Scylla male avi. We might be in for a treat!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

24 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Maybe you could go by and do like a Snow White kiss thing...  ❤️ an enviro green resuscitation thing... save energy...  just an idea.

If you do... remember. You have to share. 😈

8 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Scylla male avi. We might be in for a treat!

Be very careful what you wish for.

Richard Parkes Manly Man - Blank.jpg

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Actually, I think your Scylla main definitely looks elegant too (leaning against that desk and all). But maybe 'refined' was a better term. And, of course, simply attractive. Really an excellent example of style and beauty.

Yeah, thanks, eh. That's real good of yus to say. I work real hard on dat "refined" thing you wus talking 'bout.

Here, ya wanna smoke?

471902560_Classy-Forum-Blank.thumb.png.942aca55ece32a908c763b5ffe0ff223.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Pic didn't show!
  • Like 7
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

LOL. You're too funny. :) Even this shot is great!

The absolute champ here for slovenly pics (with a sort of East Enders twist) used to be Carole Franizzi. I doff my hair scarf to her, wherever she is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The absolute champ here for slovenly pics (with a sort of East Enders twist) used to be Carole Franizzi. I doff my hair scarf to her, wherever she is now.

Really loving that backdrop too, tbh. You really have knack for these compositions.

As for wanting a smoke, hhhm, not sure what's in your cigarette exactly, but the smoke appears to going down, LOL. That spells trouble. 😃 So, maybe I'll politely pass, this time. *g*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

All of me (Almost)

Me and two of my alts.  Left to right, Jo Bergan, Rhonda Huntress and Maybie Nightfire.
This was dropped in place in a hurry.  I may revisit the idea later with a nice setting and add in my male alt somewhere.

915423320_2019-07-31_003(2).thumb.jpg.664e5691433d52d82ce8203809812c99.jpg

Wonderful avi's! ❤️ Really loving Maybie Nightfire here, btw: she looks so sweet there. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Catrie said:

LOTD 133

I'm really loving that scene! ❤️ With you in it, of course, LOL, but everything else fits so well too. Your typical impressionist painter would have been proud of such a lovely tableau. :)

Edited by kiramanell
Typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Re-do of the earlier pic, this time including Joseph.

2019-07-31_009.thumb.jpg.18116e2590fd5df8eb27e3a3a3dc17d9.jpg

It's not as laggy as you would think with 4 viewers running at once but my GPU fan was screaming at me :D

This is my alt squad.  All mesh.  I may have a problem ....

Jo is hot and edgy. Maybie is adorable. You are, of course, you -- lovely as always.

And Joseph . . . hmmm. You're sure he's an alt of yours? No chance you might be mistaken about that . . . ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1