How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Since there is 34C / 93F and no wind in the place I live, plus I was almost melting to a puddle at work in office room without any air conditioning (but many moaning co-workers), after returning home I've decided that at least my digital self should have a proper celebration of the high temperatures - by being a totally lazy piece of a dragon on a totally random beach, totally without any people around. Only me, bikini, iced tea, sun and a shotgun... the latter in case of someone coming too close. ~

b1.jpg

b3.jpg

67526162_917376445279814_6308340783455928320_o.thumb.jpg.0569d623369901c589d059d338b7ee9d.jpg

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 17

Summery is a good theme for today!!! 

I went shopping with B's blessing, and got a couple of things from [hh]….there's a nice short dress as group gift, and I pushed the boat out. I don't often do long dresses or wedges, but this dress (FP) is only L$99. Dress is [hh]Rica, wedges are Bowtique Breeze, also L$99 (FP).

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/hh-Rica-Set/17669967

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bowtique-Breeze-Wedges-Maitreya/15189352

And yes Laika, I did say I wouldn't spend anything until the end of August...…..Pfft!  😛

SL41.png

SL42.png

• Like 24

8 minutes ago, DaisyJohnnson said:

Summery is a good theme for today!!! 

And yes Laika, I did say I wouldn't spend anything until the end of August...…..Pfft!  😛

Haha! There is no better guarantee that I will be topping up my linden balance than when I try to budget. I don’t know why I even bother. “OK, this is my last linden buy until next month...ooo shiny things!!” 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

I'm just not entirely sure what the art is: the statue, or the ppl looking at it.

Well, the answer, I guess is . . . yes?

More than anything else, it's sort of an elaborate (and slightly pretentious) joke.

But it's also "about" a bunch of other things, such as the status accorded to the female nude in Western art, about the relationship of art to spectator, about the cultural status associated with being framed in the context of an "art gallery," about the importance of "the gaze" (how we are looked at, and perceived, and interpreted by others), and maybe a few other things that I won't mention because I'm already sounding like a pompous prat.

Oh, and of course, as Zeta notes, it's about my lovely ass.

But mostly, as I say, it's a kind of joke.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, the answer, I guess is . . . yes?

More than anything else, it's sort of an elaborate (and slightly pretentious) joke.

But it's also "about" a bunch of other things, such as the status accorded to the female nude in Western art, about the relationship of art to spectator, about the cultural status associated with being framed in the context of an "art gallery," about the importance of "the gaze" (how we are looked at, and perceived, and interpreted by others), and maybe a few other things that I won't mention because I'm already sounding like a pompous prat.

Oh, and of course, as Zeta notes, it's about my lovely ass.

But mostly, as I say, it's a kind of joke.

Wow, from my ignorance, ironically, looks like I kinda had it right a bit: every aspect of it appears to be the art. :) I also thought the juxtapositioned 'statue with clothes' on vs. the 'nude observers' was a thingy. But maybe I was trying to hard to come up with something clever. 😜 And, of course, your lovely ass, LOL. How could I have missed it?! :)

I also really like your dark alley pictures -- and 'god is a bullet.' Just wow.

I actually liked a whole lot here; almost everything, really; and I feel I pressed the 'Like' button more in the last half-hour than peeps used the Refresh button on the Linden homes page. :) Seriously, ppl are showing such incredible avatars and photos! O Brave New World, that has such talent in it!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

looks like I kinda had it right a bit

Well, from my perspective, Kira, you actually had it entirely right. You asked exactly the right question -- for which there really isn't a "correct" answer. (Which is kind of the point.)

And Eva laughed, which is very much also the point. And, of course, Zeta's comment needs no gloss: she is on the money, as always. (I did promise Zeta, on Flickr some time ago, that I was working on my pics of my butt . . .)

And thank you for your really kind words on my other pics! I agree entirely about the quality of all the pics here. And of the really beautiful avatars. And mostly, of the really lovely people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, from my perspective, Kira, you actually had it entirely right. You asked exactly the right question -- for which there really isn't a "correct" answer. (Which is kind of the point.)

And Eva laughed, which is very much also the point. And, of course, Zeta's comment needs no gloss: she is on the money, as always. (I did promise Zeta, on Flickr some time ago, that I was working on my pics of my butt . . .)

And thank you for your really kind words on my other pics! I agree entirely about the quality of all the pics here. And of the really beautiful avatars. And mostly, of the really lovely people.

P.S. Sorry for extra bother, but I suddenly experienced a small shock of recognition. I mean, that art gallery, didn't I see a styllish picture of you *inside* of it, leaning against a desk? (I tried to search for it, but this thread is a frickin' 824 pages long, LOL) Now, this is going to drive me bonkers. :)

6 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

P.S. Sorry for extra bother, but I suddenly experienced a small shock of recognition. I mean, that art gallery, didn't I see a styllish picture of you *inside* of it, leaning against a desk? (I tried to search for it, but this thread is a frickin' 824 pages long, LOL) Now, this is going to drive me bonkers. :)

Yep, same place! The pic is actually on the General Discussion forum, on that thread about what our houses look like? But here's the version from Flickr.

It's actually a skybox I own.

Arts and Leisure

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yep, same place! The pic is actually on the General Discussion forum, on that thread about what our houses look like? But here's the version from Flickr.

It's actually a skybox I own.

Arts and Leisure

Thank you, dear. That was it! :) I knew I recognized those protruding wall squares!

• Like 1

While others discuss consumerism & capitalism or bears the risks of sounding like pompous prats, I guess I'm more like kinda going for the *ehem* Blonde Bimbo approach  :D?

uberhaul.thumb.jpg.64ddf823af7267534c0d9e9e0ccb14dd.jpg

My intent with this is just to show what you can get out of 1 hour and Zero - 0 - Lindens spent at an ongoing event : Everything worn here, and even some of the poses, were free gifts.

Guess you can say I got a free Uberhaul  :P

Edited by Angelina String
Typos - duh!
  • Like 18
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Angelina String said:

While others discuss consumerism & capitalism or bears the risks of sounding like pompous prats, I guess I'm more like kinda going for the *ehem* Blonde Bimbo approach  :D?

uberhaul.thumb.jpg.64ddf823af7267534c0d9e9e0ccb14dd.jpg

My intent with this is just to show what you can get out of 1 hour and Zero - 0 - Lindens spent at an ongoing event : Everything worn here, and even some of the poses, were free gifts.

Guess you can say I got a free Uberhaul  :P

That's not half-bad. :) Pretty darn good, actually. And that last picture, LOL, it kinda looks like you're drying your nails. 😍

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Orwar said:

Consumerism isn't just an environmental issue though, but a social and economic one.

Yes it is way more complex than I implied, yet all those complications do not apply in SL either. We still have guilt free consumerism in SL,  which was my actual point.