How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

21 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I had to look up Faceapp (I'm old). Hm. Interesting! And I second having that smile inworld. I would much rather have that than the 10,000 versions of my tongue sticking out. Why can't we have that smile? Anyone know?

Know? Well... probably but mostly speculation. The way the Bento Bones are set up in the face that smile is not going to be easy to make, if even possible. According to those 'head makers' I've asked, they are going to have to come up with some workaround. However, they like the smile too. So... I think there is hope.

There are ways to make that face. When we had the static mesh heads, the very first ones, designers just sculpted what they wanted. Those heads did not respond to most shape sliders. That can still be done. Each change of expression was a different sculpted head. Animating the face was a matter of making those heads visible or not. Sort of like flip-page animations. 

So, while possible in a way... having the face animate via actual 'animations' of the Bento bones and shape sliders will likely distort the smile in unpleasant ways. This would make it very hard to have the smile and have the facial appearance be user adjustable and animatable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

On the wharf at Berlin, 1929.

And wearing the ugly shoes I've ever seen. Ugh. Time to shop.

Quayside-Berlin-Forum - Blank.png

Wonderful lighting in this, Scylla. I’m on my phone so your shoes are tiny, but Ive definitely seen uglier! They look fine... You should go shop anyway, of course!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eva Knoller said:

Wonderful lighting in this, Scylla.

Thanks Eva!

I've posted a shot that is somewhat similar to this in the Landscape thread: with that one, I took a lot more time to try to replicate the look and feel of a photograph from the 1920s. I think it mostly works? I sort of wish I'd done the same thing with this one: it would have obscured the shoes better . . .

• Like 1

I logged in with my male alt over the weekend and got noticed of updates for bodies and heads.

So today I decided to unpack and update the parts.  This is step one.  Gianni body, Catwa Daniel head and a new skin from Birth.

798552134_2019-05-28_002(2).thumb.jpg.13d0eb6a43ee928ba533964bea82ab29.jpg

He's a little grumpier than I intended and is in dire need of new clothes but I'm working on it.

• Like 21

I've spent the last two hours digging back through about three old hard drives and my entire Flickr archive for a specific project that caught my imagination today. Since I posted the latest update to Skell's persona of the Gentleman Bastard (which gained almost ridiculous traction overnight on Flickr) I thought it might be interesting to go back and find all of his previous incarnations. So that's what I did. Some of the older photos are a bit fuzzy because they were taken at a lower resolution (or smaller size) but here he is, going all the way back to 2008.

He started out as a roleplay character - a thief, but a gentleman thief; a bit of a wicked, tricksy grown-up Artful Dodger-type - but as he's grown older he's grown harder and colder, as evidenced in the attitude of the most recent image. Also, I'd forgotten about the old eyepatch, so I might edit the newest version to have a slightly damaged right eye applier texture (maybe a milky 'blinded' one, or something like that). And yes, of course the skintone has changed over the years, but there's not a lot I can do about that; I just worked with the skins that were available to me at the time.

I retrospectively blogged the creation of his character over one night of roleplay back here in 2014, but one of these years I'll write his full story...

gb_evolution_.thumb.png.cb615055c8dd8f56cdf49d5ad803ed87.png

• Like 23

I'm remembering now why he hasn't been logged on in forever.  ARGH it is frustrating to dress a male avatar.

Anyway, I smoothed the brow a little and tweaked the eyes and lips.  He is supposed to look experienced, not pissed.

1192847837_2019-05-28_003(2).jpg.226165252797b23f2cd0db7d06467f72.jpg

633455230_2019-05-28_004(2).thumb.jpg.a4f2e6f8eac23cf7f839b6f73100b90b.jpg

I'm loving the skin.  Nest steps will be salt and pepper hair and I guess a bento hand AO (unless I am missing something with Signature's controls)

• Like 26

17 hours ago, Bel Inglewood said:

Where is that you from? Very Off-white. Love it. 

TYWM, Bel! The complete outfit (not included sneakers, but the hair is :D ) is from an Amitomo Gatcha called Heart Attack. Think I got most from an event but bought the missing parts on MP.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I guess a bento hand AO (unless I am missing something with Signature's controls)

Signature's hand animation option just cycles through all the hand poses, including the silly ones like flipping the bird etc. So yes, a Bento AO is something of a must. Try demoing the Vista 'Gerard' AO. It's one of the few male Bento AOs out there that don't have the ridiculous stance of putting your feet almost a metre apart and pacing around like you want to headbutt everyone for eyeing up your partner. Plus the face AO version of it plays nicely with Catwa Bento heads (albeit one or two of the eyebrow animations are a bit Evil Genius-like, which is kinda fun.)

Salt and pepper hair is tricky to find. Some of Exile's older ones have a decent greyscale texture (haven't really checked the newer styles, but Kavar's not brought out a male hair in at least a year anyway). And if you want a facial hair applier in a similar colour, try Mister Razzor. They have some great grey-streaked ones. (Example of both the old Exile greyscale hair colour and the s&p Mister Razzor beard here.)

With regard to him looking pissed, try editing the brow shaper to bring up the inner brows a little more, maybe? Otherwise, great job!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dementia Obviate said:

Snapshot_1569.png

Love your style! I'm a bit envious of both the suit and the boots, and not to mention the hair

19 hours ago, Dementia Obviate said:

While camming along, I find Coco and saw some awesome looking pants, but they weren't for sale at Uber, they were just matched up with a top that was.

BTW, I had the pants from earlier, so I HAD to get that top :D

Snapshot_2363_cr.thumb.jpg.59e2fbcf0928bec1a057a8e41e8ea0e2.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I've spent the last two hours digging back through about three old hard drives and my entire Flickr archive for a specific project that caught my imagination today. Since I posted the latest update to Skell's persona of the Gentleman Bastard (which gained almost ridiculous traction overnight on Flickr) I thought it might be interesting to go back and find all of his previous incarnations. So that's what I did. Some of the older photos are a bit fuzzy because they were taken at a lower resolution (or smaller size) but here he is, going all the way back to 2008.

He started out as a roleplay character - a thief, but a gentleman thief; a bit of a wicked, tricksy grown-up Artful Dodger-type - but as he's grown older he's grown harder and colder, as evidenced in the attitude of the most recent image. Also, I'd forgotten about the old eyepatch, so I might edit the newest version to have a slightly damaged right eye applier texture (maybe a milky 'blinded' one, or something like that). And yes, of course the skintone has changed over the years, but there's not a lot I can do about that; I just worked with the skins that were available to me at the time.

I retrospectively blogged the creation of his character over one night of roleplay back here in 2014, but one of these years I'll write his full story...

gb_evolution_.thumb.png.cb615055c8dd8f56cdf49d5ad803ed87.png

If I could hope for that level of improvement over, well, even six years, I would be shrieking with anticipation.......and delight.

Because even from 2013, your style and presentation has morphed beyond belief. Yeah really!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1