How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, KaiaWang said:

Genus Babyface w/ skin from ITGirls found at Uber, Hair from Stealthic found at some other event (cannot remember where, still dizzy after a friend dragged me around to all these places yesterday lol)

Snapshot_040_cr.thumb.jpg.0af01270291826e195dd93ba458830d8.jpg

ok..ok... but who is this awesome friend of yours who's setting you up like this! Just curious, It took me years to get my act together (not that it is now, but it's better) ;)

Tell us...tell us...please:) BTW- love your poses!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

ok..ok... but who is this awesome friend of yours who's setting you up like this! Just curious, It took me years to get my act together (not that it is now, but it's better) ;)

Tell us...tell us...please:) BTW- love your poses!

Oh yes! Inquiring minds need to know!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Notwithstanding the fact that some astonishing recent pics by @KaiaWang and @Nastasha Szaberwick have left me wanting to throw my virtual camera into the same attic-bound storage bin that contains my unfinished novel, 15 unsent letters to an ex, a pair of skates that I wore exactly twice, and a rather expensive but still mostly pristine wine-making kit, I decided to soldier on and see if I couldn't reproduce some of the wonderfully warm skin tones Elora was able to produce in her recent bunny pic.

So yeah, this is hopelessly derivative and imitative. Really, it's a sort of exercise in trying to get better at photographing skin tone. I used one projector, and key and back lights to soften the shadows a bit. Using the Slink body HUD, I turned gloss on the skin very high, and set the glow just a teeny bit up, at "1." The pic is mostly unprocessed: I cropped it and blurred a few of the harsher edges.

Lingerie-blank.png

Well...I love it Scylla...wonderful. I also just LOVE your newish headshot icon. The hair is amazing:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saravendi said:

2019 SL Bunnies v.3.png

Here ya go bunnies... bunny screen saver?... bunny T-shirt?? ... the choices are endless! Now... what is it that I hear about a Superhero poster? ;)

~ Sara

SL Bunny Calendar :D Sara, this is absolutely great.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Notwithstanding the fact that some astonishing recent pics by @KaiaWang and @Nastasha Szaberwick have left me wanting to throw my virtual camera into the same attic-bound storage bin that contains my unfinished novel, 15 unsent letters to an ex, a pair of skates that I wore exactly twice, and a rather expensive but still mostly pristine wine-making kit, I decided to soldier on and see if I couldn't reproduce some of the wonderfully warm skin tones Elora was able to produce in her recent bunny pic.

So yeah, this is hopelessly derivative and imitative. Really, it's a sort of exercise in trying to get better at photographing skin tone. I used one projector, and key and back lights to soften the shadows a bit. Using the Slink body HUD, I turned gloss on the skin very high, and set the glow just a teeny bit up, at "1." The pic is mostly unprocessed: I cropped it and blurred a few of the harsher edges.

Lingerie-blank.png

Well done! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nastasha Szaberwick said:

Snapshot_008.thumb.jpg.02f97f4c57abd7daa4ed30d3282376b9.jpg

Okay, that's nothing short of brilliant. The pose, the lighting, the framing... Ugh, now it feels as if I'm going to actually have to put a little effort into Neph's bunny shoot.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Okay, that's nothing short of brilliant. The pose, the lighting, the framing... Ugh, now it feels as if I'm going to actually have to put a little effort into Neph's bunny shoot.

You flatter me! 

To be honest, I just kind of "wing it". Lighting, framing etc...knowledge of how to do such things properly is beyond me. I haven't studied theories and techniques in depth. I mean I know what spotlights and softboxes are, and what they're used for, or when they should be used...but that's about it. I'll pick a pose, play around with WL settings (maybe an FS preset, or one of my own) and camera angle--until I get something I'm happy with. As far as post-processing, I keep that minimal in PS; maybe one or two adjustment layers to fix tones and such, some other tweaks like masking.

The annoying with that shoot/outfit, is that the boots, gloves, and bodysuit, were all different shades of black. So I had to duplicate several times, adjust hue/saturation, and do some masking, to try and make everything fit. 

I do my snapshots in Black Dragon Viewer with ultra settings and tweaks to things like shadow resolution, saved at 5760 x 3081 - typically scaled down to 3840 x 2054. or 1920 x 1027. 

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick
Additional info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Orwar said:

We should totally do a monthly forumite theme and compile them into a virtual magazine or something.

Yay, another excuse for shopping and making pics!

Maybe a good idea if you create a separate topic for it, to not pollute the "How you look today" to much after seeing how fast the bunnies breed! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4