How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

6 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Well, the head movements (i.e. the head turning different to different directions) with the Genus head AO definitely are jerky, they are not smooth from animation to animation.

Well, I see what you mean, but the overall movements are very realistic and i’d hope would be hammered out soon. I thought the jerkyness was due to the gif and/or the transfer/posting to this forum.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Well, the head movements (i.e. the head turning different to different directions) with the Genus head AO definitely are jerky, they are not smooth from animation to animation. It gets really annoying to look at. There are other problems too with the head AO. When you enable typing animation, you type it looks ok. When you stop typing all the face animations stop too. You have to click the HUD to enable the face animations to play again. Not good. And the lack of indication what animations are playing is annoying too. The HUD and the animations clearly are not yet ready. Hopefully they will do an update and not leave it just like that.

What is surprising is that they are going to release soon new heads even though this first head is not yet fully ready. ?  At least what comes to the animations and the AO HUD.

This first head is really nice looking and can be tweaked to various nice looks.
If the animations and the AO HUD would get an excellent update it would make this head really great one.

Ah okay - I thought you were referring to the actual animation. I mostly focussed on the face itself and I was using the Priority 3 version. Though it is a "first beta" of the HUD, so I think we should give some slack for that, too. I think I did mention I'm going to stick with my Chrysanthemum Facial AO for now anyway (I still haven't found any myself that come close to the quality). :)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Ah okay - I thought you were referring to the actual animation. I mostly focussed on the face itself and I was using the Priority 3 version. Though it is a "first beta" of the HUD, so I think we should give some slack for that, too. I think I did mention I'm going to stick with my Chrysanthemum Facial AO for now anyway (I still haven't found any myself that come close to the quality). :)

Right, it's the head turning to different directions which doesn't happen smoothly. The facial animations though are quite ok.
Anyway there is hope that hey will enhance things as they have put out a page where we can report any bugs and wishes for enhancements for the head AO HUD.

Here:
Genus Basic Animation HUD - submit bug report

• Like 2

I'm loving these dresses by Cynful, from the saturday sale.  I only bought a couple, but I may need to go buy the fatpack,at this rate. ?   Also,  Lelutka updated the bento heads.  redid the HUD (which I really like) and gave us 8 new moods, along with whatever else they  did. ?

LOTD 10.png

• Like 15

So Rhonda posted that picture of her wearing the BDR top, which made me think "I haven't looked at BDR in a while now" so I checked them out and saw this, but I didn't buy it right away, but it just stuck there in my head, whispering "come back here, you know you want me" Then it inspired me to find a nice fall looking sim for pictures. Which brought me back to Tempura, anther place I haven't been in a while.

11.17.2018_001.png

oh and the boots are by MODA, the one's Belinda calls Tali style.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Well, I see what you mean, but the overall movements are very realistic and i’d hope would be hammered out soon. I thought the jerkyness was due to the gif and/or the transfer/posting to this forum.

I gave the new HUD an admittedly quick look last night, and I'm going to confess to being completely confused by it. I'm sure it will become clearer with time and practice, but I'm hoping that Strawberry Singh or someone produces a tutorial soon.

For one thing, I couldn't figure out how to just turn it off!

(Sorry, I'm hopeless at this kind of thing. Don't even get me started on using remotes in RL.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Je l’ai fait parce que Par-ee

Because%252520Paris%2525201.jpg

(Translation: "I did it because Paris," Region: Paris (Inspired by Talligurl and yes: I spelled Paris phonetically) :)

Nude at the Eiffel Tower, that's bold. I don't think I would try that at ground level, now  up hiding in the tower itself that i could do.

11.17.2018_005.png

• Like 11

18 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I love this pic! And you look great! (I really like how good humoured you always look!)

Did you get the slightly off-kilter look in Photoshop? There's no way to do that in the viewer, is there?

Thanks.  I appreciate it :)    I cropped it in Photoshop, yes.   No way to do that in the viewer that I know of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I love this pic! And you look great! (I really like how good humoured you always look!)

Did you get the slightly off-kilter look in Photoshop? There's no way to do that in the viewer, is there?

Yes... a setting in the 3D mouse controls will allow one to 'roll' the camera, that is rotate on the line of sight. But, you have to be using a 3D mouse like SpaceNavigator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/14/2018 at 10:43 AM, Walelu Summerwind said:

I've been wanting to take a pic with this fur coat for a couple of months.. and then I found this hair .. it was a match made in SL heaven . Very 1920s11_13_18.1.thumb.jpg.223bdaa26b857bf4a4932d119fb372b2.jpg

Gorgeous avatar. Great image.

19 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I don't recall the details, but I think he accidentally wore a folder of cabins, attaching them to every point on his avatar. He was so delighted with the result that he came to the forum to celebrate becoming CABIN-MAN!

I've accidentally done something similar and it is a truly memorable experience.

Been there done that. I remember when Firestorm had a bit of glitch (back when Outfits were w new thing) where a mis-click made it easy to wear your entire inventory... well up to the attachment limit. Then take all that stuff off and the next login you got a new batch. Repeating until you cleared the problem.

• Like 5

The I'm Too Sexy for this Group group on Flickr and in-world has some fun photos and shares some interesting photo places. I went down to check out their backdrops, which are kinda neat.

30972784607_9bcf047d20_b.jpg

It is hard to light well for dark skin.

Hamlet at New World Notes pointed me to some new lighting and Photoshop tutorials from an SL resident, Cassie. I collected the 3 videos she made and added some that have been around a while. Understanding how to do some lighting removes much of the need for Photoshop work.

See what you think: Second Life: Photo Backlighting

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2