How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 5/15/2018 at 4:01 AM, Talligurl said:

I saw a picture of this dress, so spent a lot of time looking for it at an event, finally found it and it was gacha. I really am not a fan of gacha, just tell me what I need to spend and give me what i want for it. But since I wanted this so bad i went for it, the dress comes in several colors and various parts. I wanted blue, I got a skirt a crown a necklace a playing card, all in various colors, but not the dress itself, then i spend another 75L and got the dress, in black. it really needs the skirt and panties, but the one I have is blue so i just put on another pair of black panties and went with it. I will just have to be Alice in Black. I am done throwing money in that machine. 

5.15_002.png

Oh, we have to teach you how to shop gacha.

First, I'm with you. Show me a dress and give me a price. No fan of gacha.  The thing is smart designers support their gacha clientele. Some things can only be obtained via the gacha market... and the gacha aftermarket. The designers never sell the item anywhere else. So, if you want... you are going to do gacha or the aftermarket.

I don't know the odds on gacha. My experience is I usually hit a 'RARE' on the 4th or 5th try. So, far it has never been the 'rare' I wanted. At L$75 per try that is at least L$300. So, I can spend L$300 and not get the dress/item I want.

I haven't played that much gacha. So, my experience is VERY limited.

So... when you see an item you just have to have, get the exact item name and look in the aftermarket. Gacha items are sold in the SL marketplace and various gacha sales shops in world. You can use the Firestorm Viewer's local search to find the items in those regions. Also, gacha places tend to have their own group. A primary purpose of these groups is to allow people to buy, sell, trade gacha items.

When you find someone selling the RARE you want, check their price. Sometimes the price gets WAY out of line. So, make them an offer. See if they'll sell it cheaper. Give them some time. If that item hasn't sold  in a month, you'll likely find the price coming down. 

I see what were expensive items being sold at great prices months after all the hype and demand has died down.

You don't have to pay the gacha machine. You just have to know where to look for the item in the aftermarket.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Oh, we have to teach you how to shop gacha.

First, I'm with you. Show me a dress and give me a price. No fan of gacha.  The thing is smart designers support their gacha clientele. Some things can only be obtained via the gacha market... and the gacha aftermarket. The designers never sell the item anywhere else. So, if you want... you are going to do gacha or the aftermarket.

I don't know the odds on gacha. My experience is I usually hit a 'RARE' on the 4th or 5th try. So, far it has never been the 'rare' I wanted. At L$75 per try that is at least L$300. So, I can spend L$300 and not get the dress/item I want.

I haven't played that much gacha. So, my experience is VERY limited.

So... when you see an item you just have to have, get the exact item name and look in the aftermarket. Gacha items are sold in the SL marketplace and various gacha sales shops in world. You can use the Firestorm Viewer's local search to find the items in those regions. Also, gacha places tend to have their own group. A primary purpose of these groups is to allow people to buy, sell, trade gacha items.

When you find someone selling the RARE you want, check their price. Sometimes the price gets WAY out of line. So, make them an offer. See if they'll sell it cheaper. Give them some time. If that item hasn't sold  in a month, you'll likely find the price coming down. 

I see what were expensive items being sold at great prices months after all the hype and demand has died down.

You don't have to pay the gacha machine. You just have to know where to look for the item in the aftermarket.

I don’t like gacha either .. I think of it like “got you sucker” 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Completed 3 photo shoots today, 2 posted on Flickr, one was for a present for a friend's Rez Day.  Finally hit 200 followers on Flickr, I now feel like I'm starting to take halfway decent pics., and tried out sexy time animations that's in a chair.  the chair looks great, animations meh, could be better.  :P  Overall, fun day.

hungry_003.png

• Like 15

Neph

Oh, Orwar - you've gone and put the photo in the wrong thread. This is 'how does -your- avatar look today?'.

Except, that is my avatar. I made an alt! And yes, she's still a WIP. 

• Like 14