How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Normally a crash will irritate me, but this one from yesterday gave me something to work with in terms of de-saturation. you can even continue to take snapshots while in an offline state and get updates in the snapshot preview and save as normal but you will get the UI in the other underlayer image.

Also, I haven't logged back in since then so this will be how my avatar looks today 😁

ClownSpiderDroidLowSaturationDefined1.png

Edited by Hunter Stern
  • Like 14

Just now, Hunter Stern said:

Normally a crash will irritate me, but this one from yesterday gave me something to work with in terms of de-saturation. you can even continue to take snapshots while in an offline state and get updates in the snapshot preview and save as normal but you will get the UI in the other underlayer image.

ClownSpiderDroidLowSaturationDefined1.png

Is Comedy / Tragedy Clownfaces? Well done! (Sorry, did not notice before.)

• Like 4

I ran the portrait shot I posted above through Artbreeder. It's recognizably related, I think, and not at all unlike my previous Artbreeder portrait of Scylla. It does sort of look like an RL version of my avi.

But it's an interesting reminder of how far SL avatars still are from being really "photorealistic." We really need more adjustable bones for the head, especially around the eyes, cheeks, and mouth.

Also, for whatever reason, skin and accessories makers are still not very good at adding subtle indications of age.

ArtBreeder-2-(Mod)-Blank.thumb.png.a4bea768dda420c231937c0c4b5bef25.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 14