How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Hello everyone. I've been on Second life for about 4 months now. I was told I don't have a very good looking avatar. Can you guys tell me what I should do to have a better looking avatar? Kinda hurt my feelings a bit. I don't want to walk a round with an ugly avatar. Please be gentle.

SL avi 1 August 2022 E.jpg

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, lookin4d said:

Hello everyone. I've been on Second life for about 4 months now. I was told I don't have a very good looking avatar. Can you guys tell me what I should do to have a better looking avatar? Kinda hurt my feelings a bit. I don't want to walk a round with an ugly avatar. Please be gentle.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone will like your look. Give some details about what you have, and then it's easier to improve things. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, lookin4d said:

I do not think your avatar is not good looking, the person who told you that is the ugly one. It is NOT ok to say this to people. 

Sorry you had such a bad experience. 

You do NOT have to have full mesh avatar, you do not have to conform to others ideas of what you should look like.  

If you like it, keep it. YOU are the only one who matters.

Edited by LittleSparrow Skydancer
I personally would loose the collar though...
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, lookin4d said:

I think maybe what they meant in a mean way or maybe not is that you have an older version of the avatar, which is fine. However, since you said you are new I would imagine you maybe don’t know what that means. 

When I came back I had the old avatar which back in the day was the norm, but now we have new avatars which are much prettier. 

The question was what do I do to not be ugly? One, always be kind. Two, read up on the new avatars. I loved my old look but I love the new one so much better. 

You do not look ugly. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, lookin4d said:

Next time anyone says something like that to you, give them a pack of condoms and a ladder and tell them to f***in get over it. This is your SL, do with it what you wanna do! Be a biker, be a duck, be a rocker. Be a hard rocking duck on a Harley. You don't need anyone's approval. People telling you your avatar doesn't look good is actually harassment and is not liked by the people in charge

• Like 11

5 hours ago, lookin4d said:

Well what did their avatar look like? People make avatars they find attractive themselves. So many looks out there. The fact that you chose to be bald makes you more interesting than most. I've been told I look like a Ken doll lol. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, lookin4d said:

Welcome to SL and the forums. I think you look perfectly fine. You pull off the bald look pretty well. I wish I could do that. You could add on some facial hair if you wish.

Not wearing big name brands does not equal ugly. You do not need fancy brands to enjoy SL. If anybody gives you grief, you tell them to go pound sand.

• Like 9

20 hours ago, lookin4d said:

As others have said, you don't look ugly, and the person who told you so is downright rude. The time to upgrade you avatar, (If such time comes at all) will be only when you feel like it. Meanwhile, go explore, talk to people, make friends, learn new skills, admire the great places others have created, in short; do whatever  you want and enjoy SL how you see fit. After all, it's a place to unwind and enjoy, not to get stressed. Don't worry about other's opinions on your looks.

• Like 7