Failed connect to sim10159.agni.lindenlab.com:12046; Connection refused

Mascha Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there,

i am trying to work with some http-Servers - all was working fine over years till 24th of april this, then my webhoster changed some things, and now i get an error when i try to call the sl-servers with my php scripts from this webserver:

Failed connect to sim10159.agni.lindenlab.com:12046; Connection refused

when i do the same with my Xampp Test server, it is working fine, when i use the calling link directly in my webbrowser, i get the expected answer from secondlife

My feeling tell me, that my script, or IP from my web is banned? or what else reasons could be that i get this error message?

Any ideas what i can do to make my system working again?

5 answers to this question

It sounds like your hosting service is tightening their security. They have likely blocked some ports your process is using. Restricting scripts is less likely but they may have blocked some PHP calls.

You will have to contact your hosting service and ask what they changed and why your scripts have stopped working. There may be new calls that you scripts need to use. For instance, if you use SSL you likely will have to update TSL. Or your CuRL version may be out of date.

As this is not an uproar in the SL community it is most likely at your hosting service.

They can help you or you move to another host... that is about your only choices.

that was my first thinking too - but when i use the curl function with my own homepage, or for example with google, it works - same script on my local Xampp server with the same rights as i have at my webhoster works too with my homepage, or google, AND get the expected answer from my http server script in sl 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.