Cannot Save Outfit

LittleJennyDevil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey so....forgive me. I'm pretty new to second life here. But I am having a heck of a time and I really need some help. I've watched tutorials and read forums and I still can't figure it out...

So I purchase items with L$, recieve them, open them, and there they are in my inventory. I double-click and there they are on my avatar. I go to Appearance, and do 'Save As' to save my outfit just like the tutorials say to.....then I can see there is a new folder with the outfit name I just saved, but none of the things that I just saved on my avatar are there. And my character gos back to being the way they were prior....I don't know what to do..

40 minutes ago, AnnistynSL said:

I never double-click and save as.. What I want to wear, I click and press ADD. Never ever any problems. 

That doesn't explain why there are NO items in the folder if the OP is trying to "save as" her outfit. Double clicking has nothing to do with that. The base shape, skin, eyes, and clothing (regardless if they double clicked or not) should be in there.

Can you walk us through step by step what you're doing, please? There maybe something that you're missing. I'm sorry you're having that issue! I don't know what your time zone is, but generally I am online at about 3:30PM SL time. If you want, I can help you later today. Just shoot me an IM (my name is the same on SL as here) and I can try to help you out from there :3

• Like 4

I had this happen once in the Firestorm viewer. I wound up detaching and taking off everything, then converting back to the Test avatar. After that as a precaution I cleared cache, rebooted my PC and Router and -somewhere- in all of that the problem was fixed. I was back to saving outfits normally.

Edited by AmandaKeen

I know that folks go back and forth on whether or not clearing cache is a good idea, but if the problem seems to be related to the inventory, clearing the inventory cache is the first thing I try and it usually solves inventory related issues.

When an outfit fails to save & the outfit folder is created in the appearance panel but it's empty, it's pretty much always caused by a link in the Current Outfit folder (COF)  that's "bad" in some way.
Since the new AIS3 inventory API, there are extra checks done when you save an outfit.  A bad link in COF will cause the outfit to fail to save, whereas pre-AIS3 it would save fine.

If an outfit save fails, look at the contents in the Current Outfit (COF) folder of inventory. The COF folder will show everything worn on your avatar.
Look for any broken links, unworn links or possibly a coalesced object in the COF folder or any link in COF that shows as worn on an invalid attachment point or shows an error similar to "item is in COF but not attached".
Delete any suspect links & try to save the outfit again.

If you cannot see what's wrong, replace outfit with a default avatar & then wear all the items you want to save in the outfit again & save should then work.

JIRA report: BUG-9353 - Unable to save outfit and linked issues.

• Like 4

I have 3 or 4 outfits that have nothing in them, I have no clue why and it does not seem to be a persistent problem, I have saved outfits since and they are fine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.