Need some help with listing guidelines

Xemdra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I have some questions about the listing guidelines of the marketplace. I have done some search in the forums but couldn't find some of my questions answered... 

Is it against the Listing guideline to have the same item 2 listings one as Tranfer version (for giving to others) and one as Copy or its categorized as "Item Spam"? Is the same for the same mesh object but with different scripts?

If it's ok to have 2 listings (one copy, one transfer), is it also ok to say in the listing of the "copy" item that its also available as "transfer" in my store (and vice versa)?

Thanks for any help :))

Edited by Xemdra

Agreed with Pamela. I have gift boxes that are like that -- some transfer some copy depending on the needs of the person buying. You can also link the other version within the listing using Related Items.

related items.JPG

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Xemdra said:

Hello,

I have some questions about the listing guidelines of the marketplace. I have done some search in the forums but couldn't find some of my questions answered... 

Is it against the Listing guideline to have the same item 2 listings one as Tranfer version (for giving to others) and one as Copy or its categorized as "Item Spam"? Is the same for the same mesh object but with different scripts?

If it's ok to have 2 listings (one copy, one transfer), is it also ok to say in the listing of the "copy" item that its also available as "transfer" in my store (and vice versa)?

Thanks for any help :))

Greetings Xemdra!

Welcome to the joys of selling through the Second Life Marketplace.

Item Spam is creating multiple Product Listings for the exact same item.  If the permissions are different, Linden Lab does not consider the items exactly the same.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a single listing for an item and then offer alternate colors or permissions options through the same listing, so each option has to be created as its own Product Listing, and therefore, those items are not considered Item Spam.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.