HOW to make/buy a real time working projector and screen for education

aasimmunir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi people, so i have this training center and i would like to add a projector and screen, so that i can display images, slides etc for educational purposes. Is that even possible? If yes, where can i get it? or do i have to make it myself? if there is a link in shopping would someone be kind enough to send a link? because i have search quite a bit, but no use.

Thank you =)

Edited by aasimmunir

Making a slide show would be easy enough.  Each slide would have to be its own texture.  One big screen plus a forward and back button to rotate through the slides.  If you don't have any luck finding one for sell, try asking in the wanted forums for someone to build it for you.  If you don't mind blocky prims I could throw something together for you (for free) over the next weekend.

[ETA]
I have no idea how this works, I just found it by searching for "overhead projector" on Market Place. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Overhead-Projector-Screen-Accessories-w-annotate/5588336

[edit 2]
The same creator, Wendi Nitely, has several other similar systems from steam punk to modern if you don't like the retro overhead look.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

• 2 weeks later...

Your best option is a slideshow screen because unfortunately there are no LSL functions that can manipulate lighting textures so the projector has to be faked by basically doing a slideshow texture changer anyway. If you want the effect of a projector you can buy/make a projector object and link it to a transparent glowing prim to simulate the light rays extending from the lense to the screen.

Edited by Gayngel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.