BigBigRay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

First of all, what is an avatar?

Second, I tried to order cut-off unisex shorts from one of the firms online through Second Lift.. I could not enter a size for the shorts. What goes here? I'm confused!

I want to talk to your customer service rep directly. What is your phone number? 

Edited by BigBigRay
adding additional info.

6 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, BigBigRay said:

Second, I tried to order cut-off unisex shorts from one of the firms online through Second Lift.. I could not enter a size for the shorts. What goes here? I'm confused!

I want to talk to your customer service rep directly. What is your phone number? 

thanks for this post, i needed a smile..

the avatar is what you see on your screen when you look at yourself inworld. You can adjust that, change nearly in unending ways... buy or do yourself

the second... clothes are or in layer style, and is one size fit all on standard avatars ( layer style will NOT work on mesh)

or your clothes are in a pack with several sizes.. you don't need to look for size normally.

As last... you will never get a customer service rep helping you on those issues... you need to get your skills up to a level that you can run sl on daily base yourself.

There are classes and tutorials allover youtube or inworld.

Phone numbers for LL are ONLY available for billing issues with them, not for issues between residents.

You can always send in a ticket, but no chance they will get a solution for resident/resident issues, or for a lack at skills handling SL.

13 hours ago, BigBigRay said:

Oh boy.  I think what we have here is a failure to communicate!

Ray, Second Life is an online virtual world.  It is peopled by "avatars"...things that look like people, or animals, or anything at all in fact (but usually people).  Your avatar is what represents YOU in this virtual world, in the same way that your game piece represents you when you play Monopoly.

One of the many things that people like to do in Second Life is to customize their avatars...dress them up.  Now, in some online games, the game creators make things you can add to your avatar, or player character.  But in Second Life, almost everything is made by the residents...the people who play the game.  Those who are very good at creating this digital content sell their work to others...that's why there's a huge Marketplace on the Second Life website where you can buy anything from a T-shirt and jeans to a mega-yacht.  But all of this content is VIRTUAL...when you buy some cutoff shorts, you're buying them for your avatar, not for your physical Real Life self.

Clothing size MAY be important for avatar clothing, but not nearly the way it is in real life.  Layer-type or "classic" clothing is a texture that's painted onto your avatar body...it always fits, no matter your avatar's size or shape.  But these days, a lot of clothing is "mesh"...a type of 3D attachment.  This clothing DOES need to be the right size.  But when you buy it, you'll get several sizes in the package and can choose the one that fits your avatar best.

On 5/2/2017 at 8:49 AM, BigBigRay said:

What is an avatar?

An avatar?

There is only one Avatar, precious. They're my absolute favorite Swedish melodic death metal band...

I'm confused!

You don't know how happy that makes me (she says while dabbing away a tear).

What is your phone number? 

Patience, Ray. I don't give out my number until after the third post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.