Echelon - Savannah Hybrid Mesh Avatar

JenniferAnneSL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought this item; however it came with a Sahara head.  I wrote them and received no response.  At the same time I asked them how I might lighten the body color.  The individual who talked me into it thought that I could modify, but it appears I cannot.  Is that right?

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, JenniferAnneSL said:

I bought this item; however it came with a Sahara head.  I wrote them and received no response.  At the same time I asked them how I might lighten the body color.  The individual who talked me into it thought that I could modify, but it appears I cannot.  Is that right?

not really the place to ask, you need to be at the seller or usergroup

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

not really the place to ask, you need to be at the seller or usergroup

I already wrote the Seller as I indicated, and received no response. It has been 5 days. More importantly, You continue to have as opinion as to what is appropriate to ask and where to place the question.  Fine.  I disagree. 

1 hour ago, JenniferAnneSL said:

You continue to have as opinion as to what is appropriate to ask and where to place the question.  Fine.  I disagree. 

He is not wrong though.  The Answers section is for technical problems.  Shopping is going to see questions about setting up Market Place stores, problems with permission transfers or anything related to buying and reasons that it fails.  Product support is not really appropriate. 

You are limiting the number of people who will see your question when posting down here.  Not many people enjoy playing help desk to start with and fewer will know much about the Market Place's technical details.  Many more people will see your post if you asked in Your Avatar or even just in General. You would have better luck finding someone familiar with specific products there.

Anyway, when someone says you are posting in the wrong forum, don't take it as "quit cluttering up the place" and think of it as "you will have better luck over there."  Alwin can be curt but he really is trying to point you somewhere with a better chance of finding help with user created products.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JenniferAnneSL said:

You continue to have as opinion as to what is appropriate to ask and where to place the question.  Fine.  I disagree. 

The way I see it, it's not a question of what is appropriate or not. But it is usually pointless to ask question about a specific product here since there's hardly any chance that somebody who happens to be familiar with it will ever read it.

I may be able to help you with the question about lightening the skin tone though. Every item has one or more textures with the basic color. If the item is modifiable, you can use the inworld editing tone to darken it but the only way to make it lighter is to replace the texture with a new one.

Edited by ChinRey
Minor rephrasing

From your post, I'm assuming that you bought a mesh body, and want to change the skin tone.

Mesh bodies generally come with at least one skin.  Lots of skin makers also make "appliers" for popular brands of mesh bodies.  For example, Glam Affair and LaQroki will have appliers for the Maitreya Lara mesh body.  You can use these appliers to...well, "apply"...the skin to that mesh body.

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

From your post, I'm assuming that you bought a mesh body, and want to change the skin tone.

I got curious and checked it on MP. Turns out the Echelon Savannah isn't a mesh avatar in the modern sense at all, it's a rigged mesh head introduced as early as 2013. From the description:

"The Savannah Hybird Mesh Avatar is a combination of rigged mesh head and tradition second life body."

Sahara is another model from the same maker and judging by the MP pictures (never a reliable source of info), they look quite different so no wonder the OP was disappointed.

There's absolutely no chance something as old as that will support any kind of skin appliers since they didn't exist back then and the seller seems to have left SL more than two years ago so not much chance there's any help to have either.

If you look through the reviews of all the products in the store, you'll see this is hardly the first time somebody has complained about wrong deliveries and no response from the seller.

And to make matters worse, I found this in a one star review for one of the store's other products, posted by somebody I know and trust and who certainly knows what shes talking about:

"The head is exported regular avatar mesh."

This is actually beginning to look like a scam.

Edited by ChinRey
Added a bit more info

15 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I got curious and checked it on MP. Turns out the Echelon Savannah isn't a mesh avatar in the modern sense at all, it's a rigged mesh head introduced as early as 2013. From the description:

"The Savannah Hybird Mesh Avatar is a combination of rigged mesh head and tradition second life body."

Sahara is another model from the same maker and judging by the MP pictures (never a reliable source of info), they look quite different so no wonder the OP was disappointed.

There's absolutely no chance something as old as that will support any kind of skin appliers since they didn't exist back then and the seller seems to have left SL more than two years ago so not much chance there's any help to have either.

If you look through the reviews of all the products in the store, you'll see this is hardly the first time somebody has complained about wrong deliveries and no response from the seller.

And to make matters worse, I found this in a one star review for one of the store's other products, posted by somebody I know and trust and who certainly knows what shes talking about:

"The head is exported regular avatar mesh."

This is actually beginning to look like a scam.

Well, there we have it.   At least it wasn't that I had done wrong...other than just not investigated sufficiently. Thanks for your help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.