Allisas HUD-Dance

TommyTwoSnakes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, TommyTwoSnakes said:

a friend shared with me this HUD but i cant get any buttons to click or get it to do anything. Please is there someone who can help me get it working.

It is an unknown name to me. Have you typed the correct name? If you rightclick on the HUD in your inventory, and then properties, who is the creator of the HUD?

1 hour ago, TommyTwoSnakes said:

keiki lemieux is the creator

The name is totally unknown to me. I can not log in at the moment, so you can search for her in Second Life and send her a message. I have not found any posts from her since 2008. She wrote in a blogpost that she make "Huddles Dance HUD". I have heard about "Huddles", but never used it. If she left Second Life, that does not leave us many options.

Can your friend send it again, if it is full permissions? If he/she can't, and you can't find the creator, you can try to reset the scripts. You don't have anything to lose, it can't be worse and sometimes this works. You wear it, click it on the screen, and edit -go to tools - reset scripts in selection.

1 hour ago, TommyTwoSnakes said:

keiki lemieux is the creator

Oh, that HUD. No wonder we didn't recognise the name, it's been renamed by various people several times.

Keiki Lemieux was one of the early entrepeneurs of SL and the EZ Animator Deluxe (which was the original name) really was revolutionary at the time it was introduced. She was sometimes mentioned as an example how it was possible to make money in Second Life. But... I don't know how it happened but suddenly full perm copies of the HUD began to appear and who wants to pay the creator 1499 Lindens for something you can get for free from a friend? SHe closed her store and left SL five years ago.

There's no official support for a product that old of course and I'm not sure if we really should give advice about something that technically is an illegal copy. But the damage was done long before you or your friend first logged on to Second Life so:

First thing you have to check is of course whether you are at a place where scripts are allowed. If you aren't there is no way to make it work.

Next, wear the HUD, right-click on it and select edit. Then find the script in the contents tab, double click on it and then click on the Reset button.

While you are looking at the contents, remove any dance animations you don't really need. The most likely reason why such a HUD fails is that it is overloaded with too many animations.

Edited by ChinRey
Typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.