What recourse can I take with a vendor who failed to support her product?

Vick Auggers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I paid Audrey Bisiani $4000 Lindens to design a script.  Upon delivering I paid her for it. After several weeks

of asking for help to make it work (it never did) she has removed me from my friends list.  I have repeated

many requests for help but she kept putting me off.  Her script contained a total of 466 lines of code linked to

13 scripts. This vendor does not support her products, is there anything I can do?

7 answers to this question

Please do not post script-requests in the scripting forums, they are for discussing how to write scirpts yourself, not for getting other people to do it.

Anyone who wants to buy a script or hire a scripter to do work for them should, instead, post to Commerce > Wanted and/or Commerce > In-world Employment.

@ Peewee - or I'll come and smash or your windows (or whatever the current comedy threat is) 8~0

LOL Peter, you know you love scripting requests really hehe :D

It sounded to me like the OP could have a script that is "nearly done" & had hired a scripter that was in over their head and couldn`t fix it. So rather than wasting 4K on a bad deal, a better scripter may be able to see what was wrong with the script. I know u guys often play spot the mistake over there hehe :P

But yeah if he had no script at all I wouldn`t suggest going that forum to hire a scripter to write one.

Good point Peewee.

@OP - as Peewee says we do try to suggest how scripts can be fixed or improved, up to and including posting solutions sometimes. In general, however, that's only for people who are comfortable editing their own scripts to implement the changes we post.

Scripting is programming, so trying to do it at a step removed is like the worst game of Chinese Whispers you've ever imagined.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.