Logged off in high rezz/high pop areas :(

SpringBloom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am wondering if anyone can please help.

Everytime I tp into another areaa with a lot to rezz in I freeze and then get disconnected.  Same for high populated areas.

Can anyone suggest something that might help with that.  I am using Viewer 2

Much thanks

Spring

The same thing happens to me from time to time.

Couple of things: Lower your max bandwidth in Me->Preferences->Setup (I think that's where it is) and see if that helps. Also, run the test at http://www.pingtest.net/ a few times (with a server in California as target) to check your internet connection. You need a pretty good grade on this test for SL. If you get low grades on it, you may want to check with your ISP about it. First, though, unplug your router and modem for a minute or so, plug back in and let a connection establish, then log in to SL and see whether this helped.

- Luc -

Turn off Environmental Shaders, Basic Shaders, as well as disable VBO until the bulk of the textures and geometry have rezzed, then you can re-enable them. It also helps to turn your camera right away so it's not facing the bulk of rezzing AVs, as those more so than almost any geometry will cause this problem to happen (or so I've noticed from dealing with this for a LONG time).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.